It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSE TAC 15: Making your AR-15 one step closer to a one stop shop.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The AR-15 is already one of the best assault rifles on the market and is great for its ease to maintain in the field. It's versatility is extremely desirable for survival in a SHTF scenario. Weight and bulk is your ENEMY when your on the move and surviving from a frame pack. I will show some GREAT options for the AR-15 platform that enable you to carry more firepower with less weight.

Now in a scenario where you will have to live off what you can carry and catch, but also deal with possible combat the AR shines as a platform far above the rest. If your hunting small game why would you want to waste valuable larger caliber or high power defensive ammo ? .. YOU WOULDN'T.. preferably you would have a .22LR rifle for small game, and a assault rifle for defensive purposes, this way you can carry lots of .22 ammo for more kills with less weight of ammo. but the issue then becomes you have to carry another gun and you back to the same issues of weight and bulk..

They have .22LR bolt and mag conversions for the AR-15 that allow you to switch between your 5.56 and .22 in seconds!!! You now can have the versatility of two guns in one with almost no additional space or weight! the bore of an AR is close enough that the barrel will work effectively for both!

But then you bump into the issue of ammo's consumable and stealth drawbacks.. you will no be quiet if you shoot, You will not have ammo forever. And no gamers.. ammo isn't stashed in random places like it is in video games. That is one of the biggest issues!

PSE has recently made a TAC 15 AR platform crossbow upper receiver! Meaning your AR can become a crossbow in seconds! a world record breaking crossbow at that! (160 ft lbs impact @ 412 feet per second) Now you can re use your arrows and kill quietly with minimal additional bulk.

One more reason why the AR my #1 pick for SHTF scenarios,

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I just saw this crossbow attachment in person at this food truck thing I went too, they had an archery class thing and they had this on display. It is beyond awesome.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thhorsemen
I just saw this crossbow attachment in person at this food truck thing I went too, they had an archery class thing and they had this on display. It is beyond awesome.

Are you in NYC ? Was it the vendi's? Just curious I was supposed to but didn't make it... Was not that worried but if I missed this well that sucks..

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Can we get the US authorities to provide Americans with free ARs or is it just the Mexicans who are gettin em?

Anyway, good post OP.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I agree with the .22 conversion , but that 9Lb crossbow upper screams mall ninja to me..plus for another $700 I could have THIS

Now THAT's mall ninja!.

In all honesty I love my M4gery , but my SHTF rifle is my S308.

S&F

Edit to add, who needs stealth when you've got 750 grains of STFU going down range.
edit on 5-10-2011 by EyesWideShut because: because I can

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This thing retails for $1300.

Unless you are rich there are a lot better survival items you could spend that money on.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is wicked, i think i might get both of those conversions.
Couple days ago i was thinking if you could put a gun underneath the crossbow, gun/bow type thing.
and what do you know someone actually did.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Quick question, how does ceramic chest plate armor do against crossbow bolts?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Theres a local shop with one of those crossbows. Even the owner laughs at the likelyhood of ever selling it.

It is the epitome of over-priced flashy garbage.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I would rather buy a shotgun. It can do most jobs with a simple change of ammo, and it doesn't cost as much. Ammo is also common enough to be found in the majority of households, department stores, who knows where, you might loot.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
the nice thing about the AR platform is... it's simple and reliable...
the more complex you make it the more things you have to go wrong...

techno crap.... you know there is a point when you just go to far
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d949ffa8a395.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Dunno, my 22 doesnt weigh much and I could break it down for ease of carry or just sling it on my pack like I normally do.
If we were in a SHTF situation, I don't think I would want to be doing a field strip while being ambushed.
All the extra bolt on things sure are nice to look at but otherwise, they're not my cup o tea.

new topics

top topics

join