It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I know this might not fit here, and please let me know if that's the case..

But, what are some of your opinions of that show "Real Time" with Bill Maher. Do you think he actually has anything of value to speak of, or is he just blowing more Mis-information out there?

I'm interested in all thoughts on this.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well considering he was fired from CBS for speaking his mind, and is now on uncensored HBO. He also brings on guests who have a different opinion from his, so its not entirely one-sided. To answer your question, yes I think his words do hold some value.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
But, what are some of your opinions of that show "Real Time" with Bill Maher. Do you think he actually has anything of value to speak of, or is he just blowing more Mis-information out there?

Cast my vote for sycophantic corporate misinfo. He is good at it though - he'll light yer liberal panties afire. Although he does occasionally manage to be funny, it's classic politico-distraction.

HBO was launched in 1975 by Time Inc.

Time Inc. and Warner Brothers Communications merged in 1989 to form a $14 billion company.

In October, 1995, the Federal Trade Commission began reviewing the proposed $8 billion acquisition of the Turner Broadcasting System. The deal was finally approved in July, 1996.

The largest cable owner in the United States, Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI), is a major shareholder in Turner. TCI now owns 9 percent of Time Warner, which is the second largest cable system owner in the country. Telephone and cable giant US West also owns 25 percent of Time Warner.

The alliance between Time Warner, Turner, TCI, and US West makes this company the largest media conglomerate in the world. The company's realm encompases cable systems that serve half the subscriber population in the United States.

In December 1998, the Justice Department approved a $40 billion merger between TCI and it's former telephone company rival AT&T. AT&T is the nation's largest provider of wireless telephone service with about 9 million customers. TCI will have to sell off it's stock in Sprint's mobile telephone business, Sprint PCS in order to go through with the deal.

Time Warner Inc. not only owns HBO and Cinemax, but also Entertainment Weekly magazine,Life magazine, People magazine, Sports Illustrated,Time magazine, Warner Brothers Studios and Warner Brothers Records.

1997 Revenue: Time Warner Inc.: $13.294 billion.
1997 Revenue: U.S. West Communications Group: $15.352 billion.

more here

Certainly these folks ain't rockin any boats.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Now these are the sort of responses i'm looking for...

new topics

top topics

join