It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defeating Negative Self Talk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There really isn't anything you can do with negative thoughts except watch them, it doesn't mean you have to believe them, just watch them appear and know that it is not you who is putting them there. We are scared of these thoughts and this thread shows that people want to rid themselves of them. Fighting these thoughts will not work. Stand back and watch the thoughts, if you watch them and really look at them they will evaporate.
Thoughts have no real power or substance.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunchingBag80
I'm feeling this thread, and I don't say that very often. I have a very self-defeating mind set sometimes, most of the time actually. It's feels odd when I try to boost my confidence or feel good about things. I have lazy aspects about myself and have been working on it, yet still I have things go wrong. My classes are uninteresting and my grades are hurting because I'm uninspired to do the work. Just now, when I was reading some threads on here I tried to close my eyes and picture myself somewhere else. Then I got the quickening. Does anyone know what I mean by the quickening??

You mean that time has speed up. Nobody talks about it at my work except to say it's because we are older but I haven't had anyone say it's slow that i can remeber. Time is flying past so damn fast. Change is also in the air. I have had the biggest changes in my life this year and for me it's all good now. I hit rock bottom and bounces back higher than I have ever been. And since people is going crazy all over the world it don't seem to be only me. I have this feeling that I want to quit my job and if nothing major have happened in the next 2 months I probably will. But I don't have any fear at all at what is happening. Maybe it will hurt a little but we need the change. Think of it as a death of the old and rebirth of something new. I think we a witnessing something that will be talked about for a long time.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillness
Negative is the polarity of positive, therefore if we wish to give up negative emotions we must also understand we have to give up the high positives and take what is called The Middle Path between these polarities. It is the straight path between all worldly emotions. The middle path is awarness which is neither negative nor positive it 'just is', it is being the awareness behind emotions.

I guess this is a buddist approach and my logical sides loves it but my other side say your missing the point. I cannot speak for you because you have your way you walk. But after awakening and an opening of chakras my body that is overweigth is experiancing so much energy and such bliss when I rest. Im like a cat purring. It might sound crazy but I make these wierd noises of joy. At work I am always laugthing now and smiling and people around me are notecing it. Having an fully opened crown chakra feels wierd in the begining (at least I think it is all opened) but I don't notice it so much anymore when im working.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kolder

That is a great video and an awesome profile Avatar you have.

Namaste.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join