It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Reveals Arrest Of Chinese Man For Espionage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Russia Reveals Arrest Of Chinese Man For Espionage

www.bbc.co.uk

A Chinese man faces a charge in Russia of attempted spying for allegedly trying to gain details of a missile system through bribery.

The man, identified as Tun Sheniyun, was arrested in Moscow on 28 October last
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am a bit puzzled as to, what exactly to make of this. Why would you be so sneaky and engage in espionage for the documentation on a missile system you already have? Though as the end of the article says Russia are not renowned for their post-sale customer service.

I know there are people out there who believe there is some sort of union between Russia and China- this seems to suggests otherwise.

It will be interesting to see how China reacts to this, they may posture a bit and use some aggressive words and Russia will give it back but I highly doubt that anything major will develop from this.

As per usual though, we are not getting the full story and I for one believe, that this guy was cloaking his actions.

Another interesting point is, that Russia has kept this secret until now.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/10/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Read this earlier today and was surprised they kept this secret for so long. As to your question why they would want to get information of the product they already purchased and received; they are trying to reverse-engineer it and sell it to their own customers as their own. Also, there are apparently a bunch of problems with the system itself and Russia isn't always eager to fix them when requested so maybe China got fed up and wanted to get to the bottom of it themselves. Anyways, this tells us that the espionage business is alive and booming, lol.
edit on 5-10-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

They should just let him go no questions asked. That's exactly what we the US did under President William Jefferson Clinton when we caught China Red handed stealing our missile technology.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Everyone spies on everyone, it's nothing new.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Yep, the back engineering makes sense. As for Billy Clinton...well, he's cut from a different cloth than the ruskis

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
Everyone spies on everyone, it's nothing new.

I'm aware of that and my point wasn't '
China are spying on Russia!' It's the year they took to announce the arrest and the fact they already had those systems which, it makes sense China are looking to back engineer them. I know it happens all the time, but we don't always hear about it and thus I felt it was thread worthy.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hey, China has a lot of very bored guys with not much to do. Not enough girls, not enough jobs at the top, decent education.

Gotta give'em SOMETHING to do. The attempt at being online spies kinda failed because anyone with half a wit of sense could spot them.
So now they gotta export them.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Russia better learn that it has more to fear with China than anyone else. War for resources is a historical fact and a certainty in the future. Russia has lots of resources and China a billion people.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Vikus because: oop

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
China would be burned to the ground if it ever attacked Russia, numbers of people don't really matter in war anymore. More people? Bigger bombs, more casualties, less morale, broken nation. The war would not be a cake walk though, no legit war ever is.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

They should just let him go no questions asked. That's exactly what we the US did under President William Jefferson Clinton when we caught China Red handed stealing our missile technology.

And here I thought I was the only one who read page 5 of the paper during the Lewinski trial. I still chuckle when I hear people talk about what a great president Clinton was.

new topics

top topics

join