It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We The People' Petition Seeks Truth Of Alien Visits From Obama Administration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

UFO hunters are now turning to an Obama administration initiative in the hopes of revealing what the government really knows about extraterrestrials.

Under the White House's "We the People" program, citizens can appeal to officials "to take action on a range of important issues facing our country." "If a petition gets enough support," the government website promises, "White House staff will review it, ensure it's sent to the appropriate policy experts and issue an official response."

Gentlemen, start your intergalactic engines . . .

By "enough support," the administration means a petition has to receive just 5,000 signatures within 30 days to warrant an official White House response. That's a low enough threshold to get a lot of conspiracy theorists licking their suspicious chops.

www.huffingtonpost.com...&title=France_field_markings

This video made me laugh, instead of 'good looking bunch' he could have picked any number of terms that would have been a thousand times more appropriate. Anyway, this seems interesting, not that I believe they're using this as a way to start disclosing info, though I do think they will be getting some pretty interesting petitions and requests coming in under this initiative.

Not sure if I'm going to start signing anything just yet...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Admin note: we do not allow recruiting of any kind. If you are inclined to sign the petition, google it.

(sorry for the removal but rules is ruls and dems da rules)
edit on 10-10-2011 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have posted this many times before. I don't care if there was a direct Congressional Order or Presidential Directive....NOTHING...AND I MEAN....NOTHING would ever come of it. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I did sign the petition but to sign the petition you had to register on the site. I did not really like that as it seemed unnecessary just to sign the petition. I am sure I am being tracked now by who knows what, but being a member of ATS I am pretty sure everything I do is already watched and read anyway. When I signed it they already had over the amount needed to submit the petition, but I am sure it will not do any good anyway??

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sure I signed it, but it's not going to do any good, IMHO....

Prepare to have this thread deleted as a T&C violation, just like the other ones that were already started about this...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tinkytink1207

hmm that is interesting, maybe its just to prevent fake entries to the petition or something?

Well thats good I guess, that they have the number needed already. Does anyone think it could be a way to start disclosing some info or is that far too optimistic?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

How is it a t and c violation?

Didnt know there were other threads deleted about it......woops

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Nothing will probably come of it, but I signed it.

They want you to sign up so you don't sign the petition 10 times, or they may have a more nefarious reason perhaps?

I just wish it wasn't so over the top. The fact that we are being engaged by an alien race sounds so harsh. Maybe a simple disclosure of ufo's would be easier to swallow.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

We the People if I remeber right is reserved only for Us citizens. I could be wrong however but thats what I remeber seeing. Also as with any petititon that has a valid legal implication real info is required. If not one person could put forth a petition to end the Republic and institute a mayan style government all by their lonesome.

Also it assists in weeding out those people who wish to use the we the people in other ways that could possibly detract attention from valid petitions.

As for the T and C violation, we arent allowed to use this site to organize petitions / movements etc. I actually posted about this about a month back and part of the post was removed (linked to the petition). I sent in a request on the possability of a seperate forum for this topic but it was a no go because of the T and C.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Don't worry, it seems anything that actually tries to rally people to DO somthing other than sit on this website all day gets deleted. Its perfectly normal.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Signed.

I love how legalize marijuana is the most popular! We Americans sure do have our priorities straight!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

UFO hunters are now turning to an Obama administration initiative in the hopes of revealing what the government really knows about extraterrestrials.

Under the White House's "We the People" program, citizens can appeal to officials "to take action on a range of important issues facing our country." "If a petition gets enough support," the government website promises, "White House staff will review it, ensure it's sent to the appropriate policy experts and issue an official response."

Please look at the part i bolded.

Please tell me, what is the governments policy on UFO/Aliens? Is it:

A. Inform the public about any known exisitance and interactions with alien civilizations
B. secretly put out bits of information to the public about what is going on.
C. Pretend we are dumb, and act like "there is nothing to see here", aliens and UFO's do NOT exist!

I go with C, so by this 'policy' they simply say they have nothing on it. At least anyone with common sense would know that after all these years there not going to 'disclose' alien life. In a way they already did tho, the microscopic biological life on the atroid they found. But we all know that is not what we mean by alien life!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It reached 8000 signature. Few more signatures and it will be twice more the required 5000

It's a great mouvement to keep presure on the governent about this subject. If people request nothing, nothing will change.

But i'm afraid that it will be response C as mentionned by Required01.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yep, I applaud the idea...but they'll kill it with two little words....

"National Security"

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I for one hope that disclosure never comes. Hardly anyone would be able to deal with it and frankly you have no right to know.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Hi,

I think that disclosure can provide to humanity a new goal to achieve all together. The curiosity of human kind will try to understand how interstallar traveling is working and it will let us reach a new step technologically.
It will open a new global consciousness. We'll look to each other differently. We'll be earthling... not American, German, ...

But that's also why some people who have power will not let this happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I for one hope that disclosure never comes. Hardly anyone would be able to deal with it and frankly you have no right to know.

You don't think we have a right to know that interstellar travel could be a reality, and that we're not alone in the Universe?

We're talking about the key to solving many of our problems here, such as population growth (finding other earth-like planets to settle), resource consumption (ability to harvest from planets, asteroids, etc.), hunger (could have entire food worlds), war (what difference would countries be with a whole Universe to explore), etc. You think we have no right to know?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Not that I agree with it, and this thread is more opinion based than a straight petition drive, but this is what I saw before...

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Good response Gazrok,

I feel exactly the same, the implications of disclosure, if there is something of substance to disclose of course, are monumental and it is absolutely our right to know exactly what technology is available and the true nature of UFO's, ET's and other worldly technologies. How is it okay for ANYONE to hide these advances? I don't see how any human or group of humans has the right to hide something that could change humanity for the better. They may think that they have a responsibility to protect us, or their own interests more likely, but they have no right to act in this way. It is our right to know EXACTLY what is going on in all areas that can advance our species and help us, ET's, UFO's and other worldly technologies included, plus all the vast implications of interstellar travel and so forth.

Nice one Gazrok

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just a quick one as I'm meant to be working haha but reguarding the member who says we don't have a right to know and saying we won't cope with it. First off we DO have a right to know we are all human living on the same planet, as for government officials and military personnel who let's say know about ETs etc if you removed their ranks and titles (prime minister president etc) they are just the same human beings as us. Of course we have a right to know. As for not being ready ok maybe some people arnt I know for a fact I'm ready ... Given the chance I'd be off this rock at the word go. Even if I end up getting anally probed, after all our world governments **** us up the backside every day

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join