It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning Of The End For Canada?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am Canadian and have kept my eyes and ear firmly glued to the subject of "Fortress North America" since politicians and pundits starting throwing those ideas around. From NAFTA to the SPP, the powers that be have been trying their hardest to make a North American Union a dream come true for some time.

Today's article on Yahoo speaks to some pretty big gains the two countries have made to make this a reality. You can check the article here -

ca.news.yahoo.com...

For Americans, its probably more of the same but for Canadians the "deep harmonization" speaks to a loss of sovereignty. It may seems small now but the totalitarian tip-toe is steady and marching on.

I like this -

"According to those familiar with the negotiations, the deal will attempt to peel away layers of bureaucracy by introducing measures to improve communications on customs and security issues and streamline procedures in both countries.

This will mean "taking that to a deeper level than we've seen before in terms of the two governments sharing information on common threats," said one source.

"It's about identifying who are the bad people and what is the bad stuff that we want to keep out of North America, and the issue is how to share information to make that happen."

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Won't happen.

They've tried to implement the Amero and it was firmly rejected. How would a North-American work out?

The intel is that the world will not let this happen. The Elite/Illuminati are pretty much on their own now...Every attempts at maintaining their supremacy will be denied by the rest of the world.

Hard to believe? Yes, but 6 months away from ATS eating intel as led me to believe this.

And on a less inspirational view, you think BRIC will let this happen?

Every empire falls, it's an absolute.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I get very uncomfortable with the "identify the good people and the bad people thing" since we are living in an inculcation nano technology controlled matrix, where identifying the above has become a beauty contest of sorts....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I get very uncomfortable with the "identify the good people and the bad people thing" since we are living in an inculcation nano technology controlled matrix, where identifying the above has become a beauty contest of sorts....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Yes - it's happening - and one of the first things to go was the Bill of Rights. The Constitution is fading too.

"It's about identifying who are the bad people and what is the bad stuff ..."

Define "bad." No wait! Let me define "bad." What you say? I don't have the right to participate in the discussion? imho, THAT's "bad."

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

What makes you so certain the 'Illuminati' would benefit from a more connected world?

Perhaps they prefer us fractured into competing nation states.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rabidrabbit

"Competing nation states" are an illusion. So are "competing corporate states."

...The corporate states run the show. Cooperatively.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Well, if that is the case, an all of this is already occurring, then why would it matter if Canada and the US combined? I I am reading you correctly, you are saying that national sovereignty no longer exists anyway.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

I think the Queen and about a bajillion canadians would have a wee issue with the NAU.
If it happens, I'll fight for YOUR soveriegnty.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Canada has a Queen?

Then they aren't sovereign. (k=joke)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Canada and US joining...not happening any time soon.

I don't think people fully appreciate how much effort was involved in getting a common currency in Europe.

To actually unite two seperate countries (peacefully) would take far more effort than that. Add in a third and you are talking a monumental task.

All of which would be impossible to hide to do discretely.

Just to unify the tax code would take 5-10 years, with absolute public knowledge (you would know as soon as you did your taxes), and that would be a minimum required stepping stone.

There would also have to be a judicial unification (10-15 years) and a political unification (3-4 years).

Although Canada and the US share many similarities, when you actually look at the details, they are very, very different.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rabidrabbit

It's not just that national sovereignty does not exist - it's that nation states have been supplanted by corporate states. This fact is FAR more important to American sensibilities than Canadian ones.

...I'm concerned that the issues to Americans are being dismissed here.

top topics

join