It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migraines ? Try this.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have what has been diagnosed as "cluster headaches" from time to time. I always think that an expletive should be between the "cluster" and the "headache". Anyway, the begin with sparkly visuals, and when that happens, I know I can truncate the headache with immediate water intake.

These days, I water up when I first get up in the morning. I don't drink coffee anymore, much as I love it, but drink water and a cup of coconut water. I sweat like a pig, doesn't matter what I'm doing. I haven't had a cluster headache in almost a year. I got the sparkly visuals a couple of times, and slugged down 16 oz. of water. No headache.

"Gettin' old aint for sissies" -- Bette Davis

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

Originally posted by Wookiep
I too have had this affliction almost all my life. I drink lots of water. It doesn't seem to prevent them at all. Thanks for the advice tho!

go see a competent osteopath/chiro and get your neck and back adjusted. be sure the person you choose softens the area by massage or other means before adjusting. your upper neck is certain to be full of tension.

I have to say, that never made a bit of difference in mine partner. Although I know it works for people as I've also heard that before. The water is the only thing that I can say cured mine. For me the Chiropractor didn't phase em.

Argentus

I have what has been diagnosed as "cluster headaches" from time to time. I always think that an expletive should be between the "cluster" and the "headache". Anyway, the begin with sparkly visuals, and when that happens, I know I can truncate the headache with immediate water intake.

Bette Davis very cool.

Definetly have to stay watered down. I sweat like that also. If I stand in one place to long working outside in the summer. I leave a puddle.

edit on 5-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
I had migraines all of my life -- my father a doctor - diagnosed them as sinus headaches -- it turns out my father was not that good a doctor. My wife gave me a Sumatriptan tab one time during a particularly bad headache -- the pain was completely gone in 20 minutes, really changed my life. Turns out Sumatriptan is so effective that it is used to diagnose migraines. Like I said it changed my life.

The water thing is good to dehydration can bring on a wicked headache.

I'll vouch for Sumatriptan too, but it can be expensive.

I have also found that an injection of Maxolon followed by a high dose of asprin knocks out a migraine in minutes but I'm not sure if it is particularly good for you.

I also had a herbalist give me a draught that apparently contained and aresenide compound which completely cured my migraine but they said that you can only have that particular cure once.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Costco has them for 2.30 per pill -- 2 bux for that kind of relief is worth it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

CostCo aren't in New Zealand.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I'll vouch for Sumatriptan too, but it can be expensive.

I have also found that an injection of Maxolon followed by a high dose of asprin knocks out a migraine in minutes but I'm not sure if it is particularly good for you.

I also had a herbalist give me a draught that apparently contained and aresenide compound which completely cured my migraine but they said that you can only have that particular cure once.

That's ok to. But don't you think that while the drug might only be working on the symptom ? Water might offer an actual cure ? As I believe it has done for me ? Why clog your system with dope when it most likely needs more water in the first place ? What ever ?

edit on 6-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

While I totally agree that the natural, drug free way to cure migraines is by far the best option, unfortunately, in my case this has not proved effective.

Considered with the severity and unbearable nature of my migraines, I have been driven to find ANY solution that I could find, even if it was potentially harmful in the long term (as most drugs are).

To some extent, Sumatriptan is "natural" in that it contains a precursor amino acid that your body converts readily into dopamine (a natural neorotransmitter). That being said, it is not 100% effective, nor is it entirely side effect free.

Drinking too much water can actually deplete important electrolytes in the body too, leading to water intoxication (also called water poisoning), Although it is very rare. See this page on Wikipedia for more info secure.wikimedia.org...

As with most things biological, it is a balance that sustains us and there is no simple single "cure" for most ills.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by randyvs

While I totally agree that the natural, drug free way to cure migraines is by far the best option, unfortunately, in my case this has not proved effective.

Considered with the severity and unbearable nature of my migraines, I have been driven to find ANY solution that I could find, even if it was potentially harmful in the long term (as most drugs are).

To some extent, Sumatriptan is "natural" in that it contains a precursor amino acid that your body converts readily into dopamine (a natural neorotransmitter). That being said, it is not 100% effective, nor is it entirely side effect free.

Drinking too much water can actually deplete important electrolytes in the body too, leading to water intoxication (also called water poisoning), Although it is very rare. See this page on Wikipedia for more info secure.wikimedia.org...

As with most things biological, it is a balance that sustains us and there is no simple single "cure" for most ills.

Man o man, I really do feel for you Chro. I guess I was one of the lucky ones, as water truely did make a difference. I realise it won't work for everyone that's why I said, "Try this " in the title. The amount of water I tell people to try and drink is what is recomended by doctors and I do know you can drink to much. Any way I absolutely understand you needing to escape the unbareble pain of those monsters. Any way you can. God I hated them.

Good luck to you, in your fight to beat those suckers and hopefully this helps a few people at least.

edit on 10-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join