It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America refuses to let customers close accounts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

You do realize that Congress and the Banks work hand in hand?

You do realize that the Congress makes the laws, NOT the banks?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wezy2005

sometime I wish I didn't know,here's a uplifting video to watch in hopes that this occupation goes somewhere

edit on 6-10-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

BoA has been foreclosing on homes that were not behind. They have also been foreclosing on homes they didn't even have mortgages on. It isn't just people who fell behind.

I'm not really sure how that is possible. Can't people prove they have been paying their mortgage? Also, doesn't the bank have to prove that they hold the mortgage? I've heard it reported that many banks actually CAN'T foreclose in cases where they have kept shoddy records.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I fail to understand why any individual deals with any of the big banks. BofA, Chase, Citibank, all of them are too big.

I will only deal with a small local bank and there are many to choose from. The minute they get bought by a bigger bank, I close my account and leave.

We bitch and moan about politicians... and keep electing the same idiots time after time.. We complain about the big banks.. and keep using them. Who is STOOPID??

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Is this happening all over the country at all BOA locations, or is it just where the protesters are? Perhaps they were kept out due to fear they would become violent and disruptive inside the bank.

Has anyone on here gone into a BOA to close an account where there were no protests going on and been denied?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
There is a way around this. In reality, it does not really matter if the bank accounts get closed or not.

All the BOA customers have to do is just open an account at another bank, have direct deposit switched to the other bank and just quit using BOA. Use the ATM to withdraw all the money a little at time, depending on the balance of the account. Or write a cash check at the new bank and cash it in, thus removing all the money in the BOA account. Just empty the account, as long as there is no money in the account then BOA has no benefit of an empty account. Then tell them to stick any fees where the sun does not shine.

If you do that the fees will put your account into a negative balance and they will come after you to regain the money that they never earned in the first place, plus they will ruin your credit.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

Long-time lurker, had to comment on this. My wife works for the state of CA and she told me that anyone who opens a new unemployment, disability, etc case is going to have to open a new BoFA account where your disability/ unemployment funds will be deposited to. BoFA isnt going anywhere, unfortunately. this will also go for anybody going on maternity leave (like her) I dont know the details but her paycheck will have to be deposited to a BoFA account that we will have to eventually open before she goes on leave, the unemployment office is pretty much saying that in-order to get your unemployment check you must open a new BoFA account.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by emadrid

I can't stand BofA or the Democrats running California. However, this bit of irony makes me laugh. Wow!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I had to sign up to comment on this and didnt read all 7 pages but,
I live in St. Louis where this video was taken. That building is not a bank. That building is an office building. My Dad worked there for years. Back when it was connected to the old Busch Stadium. They do things like make sure the atms are working and stuff like that. This is the wrong place to go and try and close an account. There are plenty BofA banks around St. Louis. There would be a better place for it instead of your little pony show.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by emadrid
reply to post by KySc5

Long-time lurker, had to comment on this. My wife works for the state of CA and she told me that anyone who opens a new unemployment, disability, etc case is going to have to open a new BoFA account where your disability/ unemployment funds will be deposited to. BoFA isnt going anywhere, unfortunately. this will also go for anybody going on maternity leave (like her) I dont know the details but her paycheck will have to be deposited to a BoFA account that we will have to eventually open before she goes on leave, the unemployment office is pretty much saying that in-order to get your unemployment check you must open a new BoFA account.

I would like to see some verification of this. I find it hard to believe that the other banks in CA would just lay down while BofA collects all that money. I live in CA and have heard nothing about this at all.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

hold on while i contact my wife

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This vid is from august 12th, i don't know if anyone has mentioned that yet. It doesnt change the fact that this is an ongoing and important issue, but I'd like to know if this has been happening recently also.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
reply to post by blackrain17

I recommend USAA, i believe their banking is available to all but some products are military only. Truely a not for profit company and pray it stays that way. Screw these foreign banks wrap with ole glory to divert us. [/quote

They use overseas labor.]

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

she sent me here prepaid.bankofamerica.com...

Damn that is scary! So, no matter what, some people will be forced to fork over this $5.00 a month fee? What a freaking scam! Especially to those who have to live on a limited income to begin with!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

I left BofA years ago for crappy service.

Since, I've found a relatively small, local, independent bank that has several branches in east texas.

Service? A++

Small, local, independent.

Just they way a good business should be!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
For those of you who are not reading the whole thread but don't understand what is going on here. I posted an explanation of Fractional Reserve Banking, Leverage, and a little about understanding the bailout of 2008 and Toxic Assets. It ended up on page 6 of this thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

she sent me here prepaid.bankofamerica.com...

Wow. Just Wow. I could not find anything about a $5 fee, it appears that they are attempting to at least make it fee-free, except in certain circumstances, which you can read if you want to. But, still, this is just wrong. Especially using BofA to do the processing. BofA has shown that they will trample all over the poor people of CA, yet now they get to make billions more on the backs of those same poor people. I loathe our government and big businesses.

I used to be a pretty staunch capitalist republican, but once my eyes were opened to the abuses and excesses, it embarrassed me to identify as such.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is 100% true. With unemployment they automatically open the account for you without your even applying. Welcome to the NWO.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyStupid
I had to sign up to comment on this and didnt read all 7 pages but,
I live in St. Louis where this video was taken. That building is not a bank. That building is an office building. My Dad worked there for years. Back when it was connected to the old Busch Stadium. They do things like make sure the atms are working and stuff like that. This is the wrong place to go and try and close an account. There are plenty BofA banks around St. Louis. There would be a better place for it instead of your little pony show.

I'm glad you posted that information. After watching the first few minutes of the video I thought... "So, an angry mob shows up with bullhorns and protest signs and the bank won't let them in... go figure."

If your information is accurate, it only confirms my thought that the video is ridiculous. Doesn't change my opinion about BoA though. Left that lousy excuse for a bank years ago.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join