It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America refuses to let customers close accounts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
All you have to do to stop the banks is open an account at a credit union and change your auto deposit. SOLVED.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Do you really think there is enough money in that bank or any other bank to allow all of their customers to close their accounts?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucidity

How about a testimoney?,I tried closing my account with them several times,now we are in court,tried closing it in 2 states,better believe it

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

BoA took the bailout and took raises and bonuses!

That didn't help me one bit. And yet now they want even MORE money from me?
Where's MY help? Whose helping us? The cost of living goes up by the minute and my income is staying the same. I need help not more bills! I've been with BoA over 10-years. This is my thanks?

Sure, this DEPRESSION is not entirely the banks' fault but they DO work in conjunction with the government.
It's like rewarding with the driver of the get-away car who just robbed my house!

What exactly will it take for you to stop defending the offender?
Here's my rant about BoA I wrote the other day.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright

Originally posted by pointr97

Exactly! I tried several times explaining that to my wife (who will side with Satan himself rather than me). Then, I received a notification in the mail that a class action lawsuit was filed against bank of america because of the "reordering of transactions" causing multiple overdraft fees. Apparently they have settled and are supposed to give money back to customers this November (if I recall). Maybe the new $5 fee is to offset the lawsuit.
edit on 6-10-2011 by notquiteright because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by notquiteright because: (no reason given)
so in essence your paying back the overdrafts to yourself?These people are insane!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That is ridiculous! You keep doing whatever you have to do to close that account! That's why I am not buying these people that say if everyone had just walked in there quietly and closed their accounts it all would have been fine and dandy. I see where they are trying to hold these people hostage now and not let them out. We will see how the next few days play out and see if they allow them to finally to do what they are legally allowed to do. Change banks!!! It's called freedom of choice!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
reply to post by Lucidity

How about a testimoney?,I tried closing my account with them several times,now we are in court,tried closing it in 2 states,better believe it

Perhaps I am not seeing the entire picture but why not just drain your account?
If they refuse to close them, then let them waste time, money and their effort by sending you notices each month of an account with no money. What's it to you? Again, I might be overlooking something.

I pulled all but 100.00 out the other day. Now I have around $5.00 in there as of today. What are they going to do? Charge me because my balance is too low? I will probably charge a cup of coffee at Starbucks today and that'll bring my account down to .30 cents And THAT'S exactly where I plan to keep it! They can't take anything from me if I don't give it to them.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

The banks are not simply just "holding onto" your money. It doesn't even physically exist. Sure they have a "float" just like any other "business" just to handle the expected day to day transactions... but go in there and try to pull out a large sum and watch them get very nervous very quickly.

Now imagine ALL of the members going in there one day and asking for what's theirs!
At that point the whole game is up and chaos ensues.

Don't get caught on the outside looking in. It'll be too late.

edit on 5-10-2011 by HIWATT because: edit for spelling because my keyboard is a POS

You are ABSOLUTELYy correct, banks do not keep their customers money there they only have enough to as you put it "float" for that day. I discovered this when a bank manager told me they kept just enough money in the bank vault for normal daily transactions, I was shocked. I was under the impression all the money a bank took in it kept in it's vault. I had no idea each day a armored truck from the Federal Reserve delivered a set amount of money determined by the previous day bank manager's request. This may have been the why reason why those people in the video wasn't allowed to close their accounts, the bank didn't have enough cash to do so all at once.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
The solution to banks is obvious
PLEASE READ THIS THREAD:
A simple way to fix the worlds problems! PLEASE READ
I bank at one .A few years back I had an overdraft fee,went in and complained so they not only took it off but they cancelled any further overdrafts in the future....People need to take back control of their lives and their money now!
edit on 6-10-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

it is all electronic any way , this is why the banks say you can not close account sooner than 3 days, unless you do a account to account
transaction, then the funds are direct deposited, and ready for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
FINALLY! people finally got it right. THIS is how you fight back. It is soo damn simple and doesnt require rocket science. Ive been saying this for months ever since I saw this video.

if everyone did what wisconsin did. You will break the banks power.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Originally posted by UniverSoul
The solution to banks is obvious
PLEASE READ THIS THREAD:
A simple way to fix the worlds problems! PLEASE READ
I bank at one .A few years back I had an overdraft fee,went in and complained so they not only took it off but they cancelled any further overdrafts in the future....People need to take back control of their lives and their money now!
edit on 6-10-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

and you know what, ive never met somone with a bad thing to say about credit unions!
ive had similar things happen (as they do in a big system) and it was sorted out just as well, just as quickly.

i have tried spreading the word that people should leave banks and join credit unions but not many people are listening and i find this very sad

leave
your
bank
and
join
a
credit
union!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You better get rid of your BoA account now before it's too late.

This is the future of America get ready.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Anyone here who is a BOA customer, shame on you. EVERYONE should close their BOA accounts just as I did 8 YEARS AGO when I first realized just how stingy and corrupt their entire show is. BOA are the biggest crooks of all the banks in the United States. I wouldn't be sad or angry if all their branches got BURNED to the ground.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Imightknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
anyone considering closing your bank account
you do have options
join a credit union (info in my signature)

banks only hold power because we use THEIR money
but we dont have to
taking the power from the banks is a big part of the battle!

please listen to this, if everyone joined a credit union the banks would be closed and the people behind the governments would get their lips zipped shut!
and help spread the message.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I love this video it's full of inspiration. We are the people, we are the night in shining armor.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Do you really think there is enough money in that bank or any other bank to allow all of their customers to close their accounts?

....HELLLLLLLZ NAW.....

And you know this!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Wow, I never thought of that. Good idea. I will definitely switch some funds over, I just told my wife start a Credit Union Account.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by UniverSoul

Wow, I never thought of that. Good idea. I will definitely switch some funds over, I just told my wife start a Credit Union Account.

good for you, i can assure you if you do a little research into which is most suitable for your situation, you will not be disapointed
please tell as many people as possible..

for anyone wondering
CREDIT UNIONS are a group similar to banks that are run by its members, its profits go back to the members and the community. its corporate leaders work for 0 (thats zero) profit. they have their money insured like any bank but i can assure you, you will save a lot of money and hassle.
that means no ceo's taking away billions of dollars that they dont earn.
banks are nothing without you

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
BOA absolutely has the right to make money, here's quote yesterday from their CEO: "He said that once BofA talks to customers and shareholders 'they’ll understand what we’re doing—understand we have a right to make a profit.' Moynihan also said that the Dodd-Frank Act cost the bank 'billions.'"

Video source: video.cnbc.com...

That said. The CEO is doing the job for which he was hired, to increase the bottom line, but BOA does no have a right to take as much as they are from hard working people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join