It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridiculed crystal work wins Nobel for Israeli

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Sly1one

Good theory.
I was wondering if the fact we are spiraling though space and time at such high speed has an effect upon how matter holds together.
Things like these quasicrystal patterns and even our own spiral like double helix is constructed.

Man,what a ride!
How little we still know about reality,its awesome.

We are spiralingX3 through space...

here is an interesting experiment to try.

Get a rubber-band. Grab it at each end and twist each end in opposite directions or one end in a direction and the other end stationary. Keep twisting as much as you possibly can until the rubber band just can't twist anymore. It keeps replicating the "twisting" effect and soon you have an illustration of the true orbit pattern of the earth through space would look like.

Earth doesn't orbit JUST the sun. The SUN also obits the center of the galaxy so really the earth is ultimately orbiting the galaxy. The moons True-orbit is even crazier as its spiralingX4.

Moons true orbit would be something like

Moon orbit earth = spiral 1
Earth orbit sun = moon spiral orbit 2
Sun orbit galaxy = moon spiral orbit 3
galaxy orbit ??? = moon spiral orbit 4

here is another interesting thought...

galaxies as a whole may or may not be orbitting something (i personally think they do) regardless their path through space is curved. Any curved line that travels far enough will eventually wrap around but not in a 2D plane which is a Circle. Space is 3D so the orbit is spiraling. There is no such thing as a 2D orbit...even the electron orbits are spirals not flat 2D circles. Which is commonly how obits are illustrated, taught and understood...

here is a good illustration of how orbits truly work/look

now computing all this back into the "pattern" and structures and how matter holds together...I wouldn't be suprised in the least. There is a lot of evidence for this.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by DJW001
The moral of the story is that even if scientists reject research initially because it doesn't match their preconceived notions, they will eventually accept and even reward the research if it is sound. There is no need to set up a webpage that rails about the conspiracy of pseudo-scientist bigots who are persecuting you and covering up your brilliant ideas. And, yes, this has major ramifications for nano-technology.

Because the science community often refuses to even LOOK at something that goes against their tightly held belief on a subject many great men who could have forwarded the worlds knowledge instead died, outside their field of study, alone and laughed at, often shamed out of their own studies and never ever funded! It happens again and again and STUPIDITY will not let people open their eyes!
I feel sorry for the short sighted and closed minded!

then you don't really understand how science works, if those great men had real science, where was their evidence?
if you are so sure about your ideas being true, being ridiculed shouldn't matter, what should matter is evidence.
evidence is what matters! that opens eyes, not words! speculation is a dime a dozen in the science world, evidence is what matters. have none? then no one cares how cool your speculation is because there is nothing to support it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

You don't think that evidence can be suppressed and scientists threatened to keep silent? This story proves that it happens.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by DJW001
The moral of the story is that even if scientists reject research initially because it doesn't match their preconceived notions, they will eventually accept and even reward the research if it is sound. There is no need to set up a webpage that rails about the conspiracy of pseudo-scientist bigots who are persecuting you and covering up your brilliant ideas. And, yes, this has major ramifications for nano-technology.

Because the science community often refuses to even LOOK at something that goes against their tightly held belief on a subject many great men who could have forwarded the worlds knowledge instead died, outside their field of study, alone and laughed at, often shamed out of their own studies and never ever funded! It happens again and again and STUPIDITY will not let people open their eyes!
I feel sorry for the short sighted and closed minded!

then you don't really understand how science works, if those great men had real science, where was their evidence?
if you are so sure about your ideas being true, being ridiculed shouldn't matter, what should matter is evidence.
evidence is what matters! that opens eyes, not words! speculation is a dime a dozen in the science world, evidence is what matters. have none? then no one cares how cool your speculation is because there is nothing to support it.

Many of them had evidence enough to prove their point as seen when it was later accepted with the SAME not more or new evidence long after they were dead just differing views and acceptance of new ideas by those stuffed shirts leading science on its tight path. These people often let personal opinion stand in the way of even LOOKING at the evidence in these cases...how scientific is that.
often the "great men" of science are the ones never named or acclaimed and the egotistical gets the headline and credit.
I have studied science and have a degree...many of my family members are various types of scientists.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

You keep telling people they don't know how science works yet it seems you're the one who out of the loop. When a scientist discovers something that goes against the generally accepted theories, a lot of times it doesn't matter how much evidence he has, his controversial theories will not get immediate acceptance from his peers. It happens a lot. When you add in the money factor from research grants, there is a very real motive to suppress the new information. A scientist can be told to keep quiet or he'll lose a grant and/or his position, as happened to the guy in the OP.

Luckily, for him it ended with his vindication but does that happen every time? I doubt it.

Are there discoveries that have yet to see the light of day? I think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join