It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Why not just release a good product other then a re-hash?
Because they knew he was going to die soon (within the year) and
be able USE HIS DEATH to sell crap to the cult like following!!!

YOU DON'T think they already DO HAVE AN IPHONE5!!! OF COURSE THEY DO!!!!

They already have an IPHONE 6 made but are releasing them drip by drip!!!
Controlling is what it is all about..

well, now you have me wondering why they didn't just sell it as an Iphone 4GS which is pretty much what this new phone is....Well, I guess...It would not sell as well...

Damn, interesting conspiracy, if you can call it that. I never would have thought of Steve sing his own death to sell his product... But hey, if it works, it works.

I am curious to see what the sales are for this Iphone, compared to the sales of previous Iphones.... If sales go way up, compared to the past.... Well....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
well one finally out of the brain washing process
migh say it, it brightened my day

Icoffin anyones ?
edit on 5-10-2011 by AnonymousVan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

They already have an IPHONE 6 made but are releasing them drip by drip!!! Controlling is what it is all about.. They hold back the technology they have and make more money this way making the apple cult salivate waiting for the *NEW COOL apple gadget*

It really is bizarre watching the way they do releases. They are able to sell a barely upgraded version of the same thing to people every 6 months to a year.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Steve was a marketing genius , and fiercely loyal to Apple...he would do this in a heart beat...and I don't put it past him.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
It seems an apple a day doesn't keep the doctor away after all..

I guess that is true. Literally and figuratively.

Apparently he ate nothing but apples for several years.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wondering if he wishes he should have seleced the iPancreas for his next project instead of the newest iPhone?

Just saying...

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Steve was a marketing genius , and fiercely loyal to Apple...he would do this in a heart beat...and I don't put it past him.

yeah, I am starting to agree with this idea...It makes sense... it is a bit twisted to use your own death as a marketing ploy... but it does work.

Look at Michael Jackson. When he died, album sales sky rocketed....

Maybe he saw this and thought... Hmm... When I die... how can I use this to make apple product sales sky rocket.
edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

link   

Maybe now I can find a set of headphones that will work with my ipod, that aren't apple brand, over priced, and ugly.

link   

Originally posted by Domo1

They already have an IPHONE 6 made but are releasing them drip by drip!!! Controlling is what it is all about.. They hold back the technology they have and make more money this way making the apple cult salivate waiting for the *NEW COOL apple gadget*

It really is bizarre watching the way they do releases. They are able to sell a barely upgraded version of the same thing to people every 6 months to a year.

Exactly, he might of been a dead beat dad and a loon but
we have to give him credit
this man KNEW HOW TO MAKE MONEY!!!
A true icon and role model to kids everywhere!!
edit on 5-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

link   
R.I.P. Steve Jobs. That's respect you give anyone for passing on.....

I've watched tech evolve over the years. It started long before the internet was created. My first computer was an 8-bit 64 kb RAM computer (Commodore 64), that ran on floppies. Apple had the 2e, and IBM had their own version running DOS. Before then, the only real OS was UNIX. Apple took unix, and made a GUI for it, which the rival MS tried to emulate over a simple .com file, (haha, which they STILL do) and Commodore went out of business. Everything Apple is still based on unix, and it works, and that is why people love Apple products. Apple set the standard, and with Steve at the helm in the past or not, they produced gadgets that work for the average joe, innovated new concepts, and became a billion dollar industry. MS did the same sort of deal, and both companies made all their source code proprietary.
I went the Linus Torvalds route. Like Richard Stallman, I believe all software should be free. No proprietary code for money grubbing corporations to get rich from. Apple has, MS has, but that's the way of this world.

Apple did revolutionize the touch screen. I now have a touchscreen phone, but it's not an Apple product. It's Android, which is also unix, but open source. I get to tinker with my gadget, at the source code level. That's the way it should be.....it's the wave of the future.

Apple will get an initial boost in sales, but without direction I see Apple falling apart now. Without a leader, there can be no direction, and such is true with Apple. I hope them the best, but I'm quite content with my geeky friends in the open-source world.

link   
I've never owned a cell phone but looked over the iPhone in a store. I didn't like the small screen for the items I was trying to look at or the tiny print. I asked a store clerk if they had something with a bigger screen than the iPhone and that I didn't need to talk with it. All I needed was an Internet connection. A number of months later Steve Jobs must have read my mind I thought. The iPad came out with a large touch screen. It had a not too expensive data only plan as well. Now I'm starting to think maybe I should share more of what I would like to see. There might be someone like Steve Jobs who could make it happen. Jobs was a pioneer. I salute his vision and wish to thank him and everyone who worked with him on his visionary products.

Now if I could get high speed Internet on my iPad in most places I visit I would be happier. AT&T needs someone like Jobs really bad. I'm still waiting for a faster and reliable connection where I spend a lot of my day at. I believe not too many businesses will deliver what Jobs did. That is they actually give you what you want and make you wonder how you did without it. RIP Steve Jobs

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm just throwing this here, and I hope some of you will be able to help me...

Steve Jobs was fighting Samsung in court just...7 days ago. I don't know much about cancer, but here's the thing...
Wouldn't you expect Steve to be energy-less...a week before dying from cancer? I've seen people slowly dying from cancer, and all I can say is that a week before you die, you don't have the necessary energy to move your ass up to a court and fight some totally irrelevant issues in front of a Jury...against a big fat corporation (irrelevant in the sense that he most probably knew he was done for...).

I'm not saying there's a big conspiracy in work here...not at all...I'm just saying it's odd, and it happened quite quickly. Now maybe someone can help me here, but am I wrong in saying that a week prior to cancer death...the available energy is quite....hmmmm...low?

Anyways, may he rest in peace, he did bring amazing new technologies to our lives, even though lots of them are highly intrusive. He surely had some great contacts!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

Maybe now I can find a set of headphones that will work with my ipod, that aren't apple brand, over priced, and ugly.

Hmm... I always liked Skull Candy. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive...but good quality for the price, I think....

Or you could be cheap like me. I found a good pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones in a dumpster.They worked perfectly,so I kept them.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I think you should start a thread positing this question,. It seems a very real possibility. The timing is pretty suspect and I can already see some fun potential conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
too bad that he will not be around when technology and medicine are completely integrated, to their fullest extent, when cancer research and the like can be applied, not just discussed.. he would have been a great mind and component to it's arrival and success..

it is ironic that he was such a stone layer for merging communications and people, but is just a generation or so short of real benefits of technology twined with medicine.

i've always despised Apple products, have not purchased any from the Pods to the Macs..
but Steve Jobs was a hell of a pioneer for things I work and play with everyday!

Rest in peace techgod!
edit on 5-10-2011 by ergastulum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I think you should start a thread positing this question,. It seems a very real possibility. The timing is pretty suspect and I can already see some fun potential conspiracies.

You know, I would but I want to leave that to popsmayhem.

They might be so pissed if I pulled a Steve Jobs and stole their idea.

Okay, probably a bad joke.... Sorry if that offended anyone... It was hard to pass up though.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

a worm in the Apple
?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I don't understand how people are still dying from cancer in the year 2011 !!!!

He had all the money in the world and he still couldn't beat it. Same with Farrah Faucet.

We're (the medical and pharmaceutical) doing something wrong here folks!
Very sad. He'll be remembered and respected for years.... that's for sure!
edit on 5-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: typo

he should have been dead several years ago!!!!! he was living longer than anyone in his condition

RIP

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

You know, I would but I want to leave that to popsmayhem.

They might be so pissed if I pulled a Steve Jobs and stole their idea.

Okay, probably a bad joke.... Sorry if that offended anyone... It was hard to pass up though.

It would be my honor if someone started a thread about it on behalf of our ATS conspiracy
community about *The Jobs Conspiracy*
It might be a little soon and I have way to much respect and am SO torn over
his death that I can not put myself up to it right now.
I need to get over mourning before that FRESH wound is open..
If you want to go right ahead, I would completely support it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join