It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Questions to all Jobs haters.

Why can't someone take an idea, and make it betrter? Even if the theory was never his, is it really that bad to expand on an idea to make it greater?

Will all of the other people who improved existing technology face the same ridicule? Is Honda an evil organization for stealing Henry Fords idea and making it their own?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

Why can't someone take an idea, and make it betrter? Even if the theory was never his, is it really that bad to expand on an idea to make it greater?

Yeah, I hear you on that one... Maybe a bad example.. But you know. Steven Hawkings work is based on Einsteins work...Steven Hawking would not have had the achievements he had with out taking Einsteins work and studying it, learning from it and in a sense, making it better, by creating his own theories...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Don't mean to speak ill will of the deceased, but he never game a dime to charity.

Well, so what? Does that make one a bad person?

What if I told you I have never given to charity?

Would I then be a bad person to you?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer...

Wrong.

I didn't write the article. Nor did I write the title for the article.. Take it up with ABC News.

edit on 6-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Cool tribute!

Thought I'd share this pic with your thread Gimme

Apple logo tribute

Thank you. That is very cool.

Star for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Steve Jobs can easily be compared to the Beatles. Both revolutionized something.

You're right, he revolutionized the corporate world by proving that Chinese worker extortion to perform work to meet goals for stolen projects can get you on the cover of Forbes. Then again, Bill Gates did it first. Woops...

Suddenly I keep hearing the sound of a broken record, skipping....

Do you have any other complaints about the man or his company? I am curious to hear them if you do.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You're not one of the richest men in the World.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Just because you aren't a Mac user, doesn't mean the rest of the world will forget who the American icon is.

You realize I don't mean that he will literally be forgotten right... I am speaking to the people I have seen claiming to have cried at hearing the news... the ridiculous fanbois that think Jobs was an idol, a religious figure. He will not be remembered like the Beatles. That is my point, he is not comparable to the Beatles. He was a good salesman, he was an amazing business man but that's about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Will all of the other people who improved existing technology face the same ridicule? Is Honda an evil organization for stealing Henry Fords idea and making it their own?

The problem isn't that Jobs took an idea and then made it better. That never happened. The problem is that somebody else made a better idea and then Jobs took it.
edit on 6-10-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

The problem isn't that Jobs took an idea and then made it better. That never happened. The problem is that somebody else made a better idea and then Jobs took it.
edit on 6-10-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

Like what? I would think there may be legal issues for him and his estate if he did steal these "Ideas".

On another note, many billinaires choose to donate annonomously. We have no idea if he donated through other "Fronts".

Either way, no one in this thread has come close to doing what Steve Jobs did, and never will. At least people won't bash any of you when you leave the earth (since your most siginificant contributions to man-kind are ignorant posts on ATS).

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by Human_Alien

Kind of off topic, but I do remember seeing an article about these testings taking place in which they took a virus that is in 80% of people and harmless to us, but they tweaked it some how and in all cases completely eradicated breast cancer in each person they tested it on, in about 7 days.

I think there was mention of cervical cancer as well. So who knows, maybe we will have a big break through soon.

It is a shame that he was not able to fight off his cancer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

its the virus that causes bronchitis.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

Try reading the thread.

Even those of us who don't like him agree that he was a brilliant businessman.

But as far as being a good person, not so much.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

(since your most siginificant contributions to man-kind are ignorant posts on ATS)

His posts have been far from ignorant. He seems to understand the situation far better than most. I would also like to know how you know he's never accomplished anything. For all you know he could be Bill Gates ( the rich guy that actually gives money to charity ).

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Don't mean to speak ill will of the deceased, but he never game a dime to charity.

Well, so what? Does that make one a bad person?

Would I then be a bad person to you?

Some people call it karma.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

As I said, he understood this he kept it inside at a very deep level and he got cancer - it was his body committing suicide because of he knew was a greedy bastard. Nobody needs to hoard billions of dollars.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Droolmouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

You're not one of the richest men in the World.

You don't know who I am.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A Tribute To Steve Jobs:

www.macjams.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Some people call it karma.

I tend to think that karma has to do with your behavior, Not how much money you hand out.

That is... if you actually believe in Karma.

I wonder if Hitler ever gave to a charity.... So, by your logic Hitler is better than Steve Jobs if he has given to charity?

Some how that does not make much sense to me.

If Steve Jobs never gave to Charity, I say so what?
edit on 6-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

ruh roh.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

(since your most siginificant contributions to man-kind are ignorant posts on ATS)

His posts have been far from ignorant. He seems to understand the situation far better than most. I would also like to know how you know he's never accomplished anything. For all you know he could be Bill Gates ( the rich guy that actually gives money to charity ).

Actually, I mainly meant your posts, not whoever you are talking about. Even if any of you did accomplish anything (which none of you have) I would only remember you as the guys who hate people more successful than yourselves. You are insignificant, no one will remember you when you die (for anything), deal with it.

Like I said, no one knows if he donated money through other organizations (like other billionaires do). Maybe he like the anonymity of that, and didn't require the praise and acceptance that others feed off of. "look at me, I'm so good, I donate millions to charity, love me!"

edit on 6-10-2011 by AngryAlien because: Spelling fail

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join