It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Human_Alien

I eye rolled because in 10 years no one is going to remember Steve Jobs.

Now, I am rolling my eyes.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. These are two men who revolutionized and changed the computer industry for ever... His name is already in history books.

edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

link   
May his soul rest in Peace!

Even through he was a leader of a multinational corporation, at the end of the day he was still human and people will miss him.

So remember to show respect while posting as it only makes you look like a fool if you dont!

link   
Unfortunately, pancreactic cancer is hard to diagnose because there are no symptoms initially and by the time there are, it has advanced. What we need is new diagnostic tests along with biomarkers that can give doctors an indication that something is going wrong in the body early enough to eliminate it.
edit on 5-10-2011 by gsup1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Kind of off topic, but I do remember seeing an article about these testings taking place in which they took a virus that is in 80% of people and harmless to us, but they tweaked it some how and in all cases completely eradicated breast cancer in each person they tested it on, in about 7 days.

I think there was mention of cervical cancer as well. So who knows, maybe we will have a big break through soon.

It is a shame that he was not able to fight off his cancer.

Don't mean to promote this 'off-topic' banter but they DO have cures. That is my gut feeling.

I just received this in my subscription

www.holisticcancerresearch.com...

I suppose the problem may be how aggressive the cancer is but there is no way that they (Big Pharma) doesn't have a cure. I don't buy that for a moment!

So..... I just don't expect to hear (especially rich people who can afford the best doctors) of people dying of cancer when we're able to create life in a Petry dish!

There is something very wrong in this world!

Peace always Steve Jobs.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen

Even through he was a leader of a multinational corporation, at the end of the day he was still human and people will miss him.

So remember to show respect while posting as it only makes you look like a fool if you dont!

We are discussing the repercussions of his death,
I do not think anyone in this thread is jumping for joy...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I don't care. I hope his family is doing all right, and I hope he didn't suffer. ATS members are going to have this huge outpouring of sympathy for a man that they should have considered an enemy. Every single supporter of OWS crying about Jobs being dead are hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well I suppose I was speaking in hyperbole. He will be remembered but comparing Steve Jobs to the Beatles is retarded.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

So..... I just don't expect to hear (especially rich people who can afford the best doctors) of people dying of cancer when we're able to create life in a Petry dish!

There is something very wrong in this world!

Peace always Steve Jobs.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree..

There is no tin foil hat medicine for this..

If there was, i'm sure for his families sake at the least this man would of bought it..

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If they do have cures, it is not available to the rich/elite.... They die of cancer all the time.

So... If they have cures it is being hidden from pretty much everyone...

Ted Kennedy died of cancer, Steve Jobs now... Lots of others over the years.

I really don't like Apple. I am a PC guy myself.... But despite what certain other posters say, his effect on the computer industry shall not go unforgotten.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by michaelmcclen

We are discussing the repercussions of his death,
I do not think anyone in this thread is jumping for joy...

Never said anyone was, just a general comment before the trolls show up.

Peace and love
edit on 5-10-2011 by michaelmcclen because: elaborated

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I am going to have to respectfully disagree.. There is no tin foil hat medicine for this.. If there was, i'm sure for his families sake at the least this man would of bought it..

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well I suppose I was speaking in hyperbole. He will be remembered but comparing Steve Jobs to the Beatles is retarded.

Why? The Beatles revolutionized and changed music and the music industry forever.

Steve Jobs ( As well as Bill Gates) revolutionized and changed computers, the computer industry, the music industry and even the telecommunications industries for ever.

No one is saying that he is as big as The Beatles.... What is being said is that he was as revolutionary in his respectful field, as The Beatles were to theirs....

and as a die hard Beatles fan, I agree.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I don't care. I hope his family is doing all right, and I hope he didn't suffer.

You don't care. Duly noted....

ATS members are going to have this huge outpouring of sympathy for a man that they should have considered an enemy. Every single supporter of OWS crying about Jobs being dead are hypocrites.

This thread is not about what people should be feeling and it is not about OWS ,so I won't respond to that part.
edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So the Beatles, after being bailed out by their main competitor . . . more than once, made a killing off of manufacturing over-priced chinese-slave labor made products to kids and young adults wanting to be part of the in-crowd?

edit on 10/5/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

link   

That's nice. I think the Beatles were horrible and I am irritated that anyone would compare them to Steve Jobs. He was a marketing genius, I'll give him that but lets not go giving him a ton of credit when it is not due.

link   
Sincere condolences to his family and friends....saw a picture of him on a news site...he looked much older than his 56 years.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

link   
Anyone who saw recent photos of him could see it coming.

Still a shock though. RIP

link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join