It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

If you cannot sell what you build you are a hobbyist. Apple found itself in that position before re-hiring Steve Jobs. His credits are an incredible marketer for making folks aware of Apple's products. He also played a large part in the design, form factor, usability and UI of Apple devices. He deserves those kudos in my book.

Edit: Apparently he was a good neighbor as well, My Neighbor, Steve Jobs
edit on 6-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My iPhone keeps flashing a message that it will self destruct because it's creator is no longer responding. What is this all about?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
RIP Steve.

But don't fret anybody, you'll still be able to get the same cheaply built crap that breaks in a couple weeks; maybe a month if you're lucky.

All is still as it should be.

Peace

edit on 6-10-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
My iPhone keeps flashing a message that it will self destruct because it's creator is no longer responding. What is this all about?
though very funny , just a bit to soon , but again very funny

R.I.P. Mr. Jobs & thank you for all you have given the world.
edit on 10/6/2011 by dedpope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
as a tech nerd, the passing of steve jobs will hit hard.

I love both pc and mac's and most preferably the mac but i can't afford a mac so a hackintosh is what you need.

R.I.P.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You know the economy is bad when Apple looses jobs

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yea yea yea Steve is dead so what ?

What about the countless numbers that die each year from cancer ...are you going to give to charity and help ?

What about the people that cant afford treatment ( in the U.S.A) ,personally id be selling stock right about know , as I'm sure you all know Samsung is just about to bite a big chunk out of a rather juicy Apple.

No disrespect to the man , What did he offer humanity ? Didn't really show compassion when he disowned his daughter and consumed huge volumes of drugs did he ?

What makes him more worthy than me or you ?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Steve Jobs searched for Nature laws , he found them and he used them.

He was no creator.

Opportunist , more I like.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Cancer starts on a mental level. There will never be a cure because of that reason, you can kill the cancer cells, take out a tumor or amputate an effected limb, but it comes back because it's the body that has made a decision to commit suicide.

That's why it's such a complicated disease, it's not a virus. It's your own body deciding to off itself. I believe this must start on a deep mental level, and manifests physically.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Droolmouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rule34

Intersting post.

What makes him more worthy than me or you ?

He could reach the higher level of the pyramid and you are not doing good. neither me.

Everyone is looking for your grade and level in pyramid.

They are the real sheep who are being played.

My message for them : Don't bother denying ignorance , you are doing fine already.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Droolmouth

I wish I could give you a golden star.

Great point of view.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Your pyramid is in your head.

I personally respect the homeless drunk down the street more than Steve Jobs. Steve jobs lacked honesty and he was very greedy. This is part of the reason I think it may have manifested on a mental level.

Everybody sees reality differently, I certainly have a very different pyramid than you.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Droolmouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This guy is the underlining reason why we have super rich and super poor. 2 ipods a year, the ipad, and macs, all devices made for the specificly for the middleclass, that fall apart and are obselete 6 months later due to there blasphamous marketing and facist nazi ways.

This guy could practically fix our economy singlhandedly, not really, but he sure as hell didnt need billions of dollars where he is now.

This guy created Mac, most people think bill gates was worse than jobs, there idiots. Bill created a PC built around the idea that anyone could write software for it, or make hardware for it, He is the reason we have freeware. But Jobs, being the nazi he is, wanted a PC where only Apple could write its software, and chose its hardware manufacturers. This is the exact bull# that makes the rich richer and the poor poorer,

I will not miss him and his life should not be celebrated.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Droolmouth

No

I just believe in a plane.

But I know that others have pyramids in their heads.

They make priorities and respect for something while disrespect other things.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
To me, it's a bit hilarious to see the hypocrisy and sense of superiority in some people. The same kind of feeling you see between soccer fans, or other any confrontation between fans.

None of the people who have participated in, what some might see as disrespect, have the balls to truly stand for their words.

A few years ago, when Microsoft was leading the market, Bill Gates was the personification of Evil. He was the worst human on Earth, he was the CEO of a company that made babies cry and families die, he was the responsible for every single bad thing in the world.

At the same time, Apple was the victim. The company that could solve our computer and technological problems, but wasn't on the top because of the Microsoft monopoly and full control. Apple was the company that got bullied out of the game.

Now that Apple dominates again, or at least, for some part... it has become the replacement for hate against technology? What? Now nobody remembers Microsoft, Bill Gates and whatever?

This is just pathetic, and it only shows the human nature to simply hate the color of the other guys shirt.

Why can't you simply choose what you like, and shut up about it? If you like Apple, buy Apple. If you like Microsoft, buy Microsoft, if you like pencils, buy pencils.

And as for the "they use children and newborn babies to manufacture Ipods and Ipads". Seriously? Yes, you are using a PC and not an Apple product. Have you checked all your PC parts to see where they are all from? They are provably coming from the same place as you criticize. And you don't even to see that far. Look at your feet, and just check if you are not wearing something that was also manufactured there. And since you are all so rightful people, just check around your house, all electronics, all clothes, everything...

Please, don't be hypocrites.

Wtf is about this nonsense and pointless debate?

It doesn't matter if you think he was a good person or not. It doesn't matter if you think he deserves credit or not. Facts speak for them-selfs.

He brought up a company that could have been ruined in it's worst days, and now most of you have an Apple product, or at the very least, you use everyday some sort of product that was provably designed in/with Apple Software or Hardware.

Music? Most of your favorite bands, if not nearly ALL, use Apple computers to manufacture and work around their music.

Movies? Most of your favorite movies, provably had some part of them that was worked in an Apple computer.

Books? Let's face it. It's pretty common for writers and novelists to use MacBooks.

So, why all this hypocrisy of trashing Steve Jobs in a thread to his memory, when most of you have at least a small contribution from Apple in your life? Stop being pathetic, stop thinking that you are better than someone who puts all your life work to shame. Stop bashing nonsense across forums just because you think you made better choices than other consumers.

He was a leader, he did what leaders are supposed to do, and nobody can deny the facts of the good his leadership brought to Apple.

It's just shameless, pointless and simply stupid. People should know better than that.

Anyway, R.I.P.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

I am trying to get a better point of view here while I do know that nothing is going to change the facts.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
With respect he didn't invent anything, he was a marketeer, a salesman.

The PC as we know it was invented by Xerox and anyway Apples are slow, barely upgradable and hideously expensive.

Nor did he invent Smartphones or Tablet PC's, doesn't anyone remember Palms.

He was good at making the product desirable, very much an aesthetics visionary and in that way a designer.

Yes Apples look and feel nice, but that's all, inside they are just the same as many others.

So the guys passed on, meh pfffft you know, it's not like he was Mother Theresa is it.

I wonder if the reaction will be the same when Bill Gates pops his clogs.

Cosmic...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

The thread would be boring without the devil's advocate this is the internets.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
With respect he didn't invent anything, he was a marketeer, a salesman.

He was the very definition of the word "innovator"

Some day, people will realize how truly rare his talents were.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well, if he 'really' is dead, bad news for his nearest and dearest and they have my condolences, not that will mean a thing to any of them of course.

But, linking to a conspiracy aspect (seeing as this is ATS!), many people who have been discussing the DUMBS, the many thousands of new Moscow underground bunkers, the Norway seed vault buried into the side of an ice covered mountain, and all the rest of the 2012 'stuff'...the one thing that people were going to be looking for specifically around or near this time as we get closer to 'the date', is a mass 'dying' or retiring from public life, of the worlds' wealthiest and powerful people.

Feigning death is a good way to disappear, people pretend to die all over the planet for one reason or another.

And Steve Jobs was one of the worlds wealthiest and influential...as is Bill Gates.

He could be really dead of course, people do tend to do that whether they are rich or poor...but the proof will come if many more of the players start to disappear.

RIP Mr. Jobs. (or save my family a spot in the bunker)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join