It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Very good message. He was absolutely right too....

When you find something you love to do, you should do it to the best of your ability and don't let anything get in your way.

Like they say, When you love what you do, it is not work.

Never settle into an unhappy life. Find what you love to do and then do it!

Now, I just wish I could find a good way to make money that involves the paranormal! Hey, I will keep looking!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Greatest businessman in the history of the US and gone too soon

Very true.... His grasp on business, was outstanding.

I guess he was one of the lucky few to find what he loved to do, and got to do it.

Shame such a visionary had to go so soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71
Steve Jobs was a complete success story. From being adopted to billionaire. Not only was he a success he wanted to improve the world and the common man with technology. His story is endearing as it is compelling only to be shadowed by the man he was.

Was he adopted? I did not know that.

Yes, his effect on the computer industry is tangible...

And sure there are a few who keep saying he did not invent anything. Well, I say so what? Those things that were invented, would not be around with out him and they most certainly would not be what they are, with out him.

He was a phenomenal business man and Apple is what it is today because of him, his vision and his influence.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by AnonymousVan

I find the fanbois truly horrifying. Its really embarrassing to watch people fork over the amount of money they do. That was Jobs' genius, selling crap to people for exorbitant prices.

Its called buying something that they want.
It's not embarrassing if they can afford it. Well it maybe embarrassing for those who can't afford it.

I never considered any of the "I" Products, or even any of the New Mac PC's, really expensive.
edit on 5-10-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

His speeches could be inspirational, I like this a lot:

I'm pretty sure none of this would have happened if I hadn't been fired from Apple. It was awful tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it.

Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith.

I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did.

You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers.

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.

If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.

As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.

Beautiful, LadySkadi!

Here's my favorite from him:

dailybail.com...

"When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failurethese things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by kenny71
Steve Jobs was a complete success story. From being adopted to billionaire. Not only was he a success he wanted to improve the world and the common man with technology. His story is endearing as it is compelling only to be shadowed by the man he was.

Was he adopted? I did not know that.

Yes, his effect on the computer industry is tangible...

And sure there are a few who keep saying he did not invent anything. Well, I say so what? Those things that were invented, would not be around with out him and they most certainly would not be what they are, with out him.

He was a phenomenal business man and Apple is what it is today because of him, his vision and his influence.

dailybail.com...

"I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest I’ve ever gotten to a college graduation. Today I want to tell you three stories from my life. That’s it. No big deal. Just three stories.

The first story is about connecting the dots.

I dropped out of Reed College after the first 6 months, but then stayed around as a drop-in for another 18 months or so before I really quit. So why did I drop out?

It started before I was born. My biological mother was a young, unwed college graduate student, and she decided to put me up for adoption. She felt very strongly that I should be adopted by college graduates, so everything was all set for me to be adopted at birth by a lawyer and his wife. Except that when I popped out they decided at the last minute that they really wanted a girl. So my parents, who were on a waiting list, got a call in the middle of the night asking: “We have an unexpected baby boy; do you want him?” They said: “Of course.” My biological mother later found out that my mother had never graduated from college and that my father had never graduated from high school. She refused to sign the final adoption papers. She only relented a few months later when my parents promised that I would someday go to college."

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Well, what can I say? Seeing where he came from and seeing where he ended up... That is pretty damn inspirational. Good speaker too!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Human_Alien

I eye rolled because in 10 years no one is going to remember Steve Jobs.

You have to be kidding. Are we to assume the entire population has the memory of a goldfish?

R.I.P. Steve, i never liked apple products, but you brought UNIX(c) to the masses. As an everyday FreeBSD/Linux user i have huge respect for what the guy achieved in his career.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Rest in peace, he will be missed, for the new people out there, Never quit- working on your idea's and dreams

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Well, what can I say? Seeing where he came from and seeing where he ended up... That is pretty damn inspirational. Good speaker too!

Here's the entire speech on YouTube:

www.youtube.com...

I'm listenting to it now.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Steve, i never liked apple products, but you brought UNIX(c)

he never invented UNIX
Ken Thompson did

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bone13
Never quit- working on your idea's and dreams

If there is one thing that can be learned from his life, it is that.

The man never quit working on his dreams and look what all he achieved.

link   
Really surprised at how random this was.
I'm so down right now.
I heard of the rumors, seen some of the pics but ,this just seems to have come out of nowhere.

I'm a geek I admit it. I'm pretty down about about this.

link   

Explanation: S&F!

Regardless of anything else ... I recommend that everybody please listen to the man himself...

Remembering that I will be dead soon, is the most important tool I have ever have encountered to help me make the big choices in life.

Because almost everything, all external things , all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure,... these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important!

Steve Jobs 1955 - 2011

I think he's talking about a long lived legacy, in his Family, Business and Dreams!

Personal Disclosure: May Steve Jobs R.I.P. My deepest condolences to his family, friends and fanbase.

To Infinity ..and beyond!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

he never invented UNIX
Ken Thompson did

No one said he did...

Here are some things he did do though.

www.apple.com...

Note: Just a very few.

edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace
Really surprised at how random this was.
I'm so down right now.
I heard of the rumors, seen some of the pics but ,this just seems to have come out of nowhere.

I'm a geek I admit it. I'm pretty down about about this.

Yeah, I am too, I was here with my friend and they were on my other computer and they said, AP, says Steve Jobs died!

I looked and it took me a few minutes to find any mention of it. But I guess he did have cancer, so I guess he lost his battle. Shame really

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you.

and yes, a very appropriate quote from a movie that would not exist with out the company he co founded/created,Pixar.

I guess one could argue, that his inventions were these amazing companies such as Apple and Pixar...OK, co-inventor.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

he never invented UNIX
Ken Thompson did

Partial quote....

R.I.P. Steve, i never liked apple products, but you brought UNIX(c) to the masses

Mac OSX is a UNIX derivative, with alot of code from the FreeBSD project.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Steve Jobs conspiracy..

I have been touched by Steve Jobs, but I think there really is more to the story..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

reply to post by mblahnikluver

RIP Steve Jobs, your contribution to the tech world will not be forgotten!

He didn't contribute anything to the tech world, just the business world. Woz is the one you're thinking of.

I was about to correct the OP's horrible mistake when you beat me to it. Steve Wozniak was the genius who invented the personal computer, and it was that British guy (forgot his name) who invented the Ipod. Heck, the format for electronic music was even invented decades ago, and Apple has to pay the inventor $$$ for stealing his idea.

I'll be the first to admit Jobs had business vision as he was the one who gave Wozniak the idea to go into business selling conputers, and he was the one who got Apple into the music business...but saying Jobs actually created anything or that he was a technical contributor is not only a disservice to all the engineers who toiled and sweated to create these technologies, it's a slap in their face for glorifying Jobs ripping everyone off. Heck, Jobs had the balls to sue Microsoft for ripping off the Mac's GUI interface after he himself ripped it off from Xerox. Oh, yeah, and his NeXT wondercomputer had Unix running under the hood. He didn't even come up with the NeXT name.

RIP Jobs, I wouldn't wish Cancer on anyone...but that's not to say some other narcissistic thief won't come along and easily take your place either.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join