It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Breaking: Steve Jobs has died

page: 2
10
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Statement released by Apple:


Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple. If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, and condolences, please email rememberingsteve@apple.com


Source

RIP Steve Jobs

edit on 5-10-2011 by WhoDat09 because: too many ppp's in Apple





posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
From the apple site

www.apple.com...



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's on TMZ too, I knew he was going sooner than later, he looked terrible.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
Good, I hope his lame cult goes with him shortly after.

Can we just toss in the 50% reduction of price in all Apple crap now that reality will be reuniting with APPL?
edit on 5-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)


Easy.. Dont blame him for the gullibility of the masses. The morons that follow a smooth talker are still morons, dont hate the player hate the game. He was using his natural ability and charisma to get ahead in life whats wrong with that. he might not have been as benevolent as some here would expect him to be but he is just a man with insecurities and flaws just like us. Greed got to him like it would most of us. The only people i blame for the cult like following that apple has are the stupid people who cant think for themselves.
edit on 5-10-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect
 


Now everyone who swears that people with money (aka the elite) have access to cures for their diseases that the poorer of us do not...please take the time to contemplate how Steve Jobs could die of cancer. The man was an asset to the US and very wealthy.

If does not prove, but it does certainly suggests that the wealthy are subject to the same pitfalls of health that we are. If there were a cure out there for cancer, rest assured Steve Jobs would have had access to it.


edit on 5-10-2011 by daynight42 because: typo



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by PhotonEffect
 


Now everyone who swears that people with money (aka the elite) have access to cures for their diseases that the poorer of us do not...please take the time to contemplate how Steve Jobs could die of cancer. The man was an asset to the US and very wealthy.

If does not prove, but it does certainly suggests that the wealthy are subject to the same pitfalls of health that we are. If there were a cure out there for cancer, rest assured Steve Jobs would have had access to it.


edit on 5-10-2011 by daynight42 because: typo

I always heard when the elites started disappearing the # will hit the fan soon, Oprah, Larry King, Dali lama and the Pope going.........now Steve Jobs. Makes me wonder, 2012 looms near.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
The world has lost one of the original and most famous hackers along with a man who's dreams became part of our every day life

sorry to burst your bubble but steve jobs was no hacker. he was just the marketing guru. the original engineer of the apple computers was a phone freak jobs was just his friend was was good at marketing. Steve jobs had no engineering background at all he was just good at selling a product and marketing it well. Regardless Apple did innovate the smart phone industry even if they are milking the crap out of it and not being as revolutionary with each product. i hope he finds the peace he was looking for in life.


Correct. Steve Wozniak was the hacker, and a very very gifted electronics engineer. However to give Jobs some credit, he did create one thing, the Apple brand.

It was SW who created the first Apple computers, while Jobs sold them.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by PhotonEffect
 


Now everyone who swears that people with money (aka the elite) have access to cures for their diseases that the poorer of us do not...please take the time to contemplate how Steve Jobs could die of cancer. The man was an asset to the US and very wealthy.

If does not prove, but it does certainly suggests that the wealthy are subject to the same pitfalls of health that we are. If there were a cure out there for cancer, rest assured Steve Jobs would have had access to it.


edit on 5-10-2011 by daynight42 because: typo

I always heard when the elites started disappearing the # will hit the fan soon, Oprah, Larry King, Dali lama and the Pope going.........now Steve Jobs. Makes me wonder, 2012 looms near.


OMG Oprah, Larry King, the Dali Lama and the Pope are all dead too. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.


seriously man take a chill pill. if you want a conspiracy how about this. Steve Jobs faked his death just like Micheal Jackson and have moved underground in preparation for the alien invasion thats soon to be coming. Either that or the backlash from all the disappointed apple cultists about the crap new iphone 4s.

Facts man, you need to back up your statements with facts.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd
 


LoL Apple is the new Xerox, or better yet the new Kodak

edit on 5-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BMorris

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
The world has lost one of the original and most famous hackers along with a man who's dreams became part of our every day life

sorry to burst your bubble but steve jobs was no hacker. he was just the marketing guru. the original engineer of the apple computers was a phone freak jobs was just his friend was was good at marketing. Steve jobs had no engineering background at all he was just good at selling a product and marketing it well. Regardless Apple did innovate the smart phone industry even if they are milking the crap out of it and not being as revolutionary with each product. i hope he finds the peace he was looking for in life.


Correct. Steve Wozniak was the hacker, and a very very gifted electronics engineer. However to give Jobs some credit, he did create one thing, the Apple brand.

It was SW who created the first Apple computers, while Jobs sold them.


Yup, credit where its due. Not a fan of Jobs myself but i do admire what he accomplished.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by PhotonEffect
 


Now everyone who swears that people with money (aka the elite) have access to cures for their diseases that the poorer of us do not...please take the time to contemplate how Steve Jobs could die of cancer. The man was an asset to the US and very wealthy.

If does not prove, but it does certainly suggests that the wealthy are subject to the same pitfalls of health that we are. If there were a cure out there for cancer, rest assured Steve Jobs would have had access to it.


edit on 5-10-2011 by daynight42 because: typo

I always heard when the elites started disappearing the # will hit the fan soon, Oprah, Larry King, Dali lama and the Pope going.........now Steve Jobs. Makes me wonder, 2012 looms near.


OMG Oprah, Larry King, the Dali Lama and the Pope are all dead too. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.


seriously man take a chill pill. if you want a conspiracy how about this. Steve Jobs faked his death just like Micheal Jackson and have moved underground in preparation for the alien invasion thats soon to be coming. Either that or the backlash from all the disappointed apple cultists about the crap new iphone 4s.
Facts man, you need to back up your statements with facts.
this crap gets too you after a while, does make you wonder considering all the # we take in.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, remember last month when a CBS contributor tweeted his death that embarrassed CBS and cost that contributor their web show reference on CBS site.

I agree that while he contributed to the dawn of the personal computer age and rammed thru many innovations it would be nice to see the cult of apple die out without it's cheer leader.

I guess a $99.00 or less tablet with a high powered CPU, lots of local storage, high definition display with on demand holographic projection, voice input/response with relatively sophisticated AI, good at reading scientific/professional documents/books, battery life of a few months, satellite phone/download/upload, WIFI, GPS, great holographic camera, stereo mics/speakers, on demand holographic keyboard/mouse, easy to repair/upgrade and cheap/free apps is now out of the question.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I didn't like Apple, but it's right up there with Microsoft and have shaped the world I work in. I'm a programmer, so it's pretty much because of Jobs and Gates and the other Old Great Ones that I can do what I do.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   


Good, I hope his lame cult goes with him shortly after. Can we just toss in the 50% reduction of price in all Apple crap now that reality will be reuniting with APPL?
reply to post by MasterGemini
 


First, I do not wish a death of a family member, or good friend on anyone. You really never recover,. You deserved to be bashed for your stupid comment and called on it. Do you think it is alright that someone has died? My condolences and prayers to the families. Try and separate the man's accomplishments from your own narrow agenda and put someone other than yourself ahead of your own agenda. You young people have alot to learn about respect in winning/losing, and life.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's a hoax..
Source

The offending Tweet was sent from the Twitter account of What’s Trending, a web series independently produced by Disrupt Group and anchored by Disrupt co-founder Shira Lazar.
Later, she issued another apology from her own Twitter account: “On behalf of all of us at @disruptgroup we sincerely apologize for the inaccuracy of what was tweeted earlier today. – EP/Host @WhatsTrending.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Daedal because: Spelling



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   


This makes me sad....

I always liked him and his Apple products. People always tease me for my love of Apple but it's me and those who know me get it.

I hope he is at peace now and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family, both his personal family and his Apple family.

RIP Steve



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by Daedal
 


That was a month ago


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Daedal
 


That was a month ago


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



Still seems a little fishy to me?



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
It's a hoax..
Source

The offending Tweet was sent from the Twitter account of What’s Trending, a web series independently produced by Disrupt Group and anchored by Disrupt co-founder Shira Lazar.
Later, she issued another apology from her own Twitter account: “On behalf of all of us at @disruptgroup we sincerely apologize for the inaccuracy of what was tweeted earlier today. – EP/Host @WhatsTrending.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Daedal because: Spelling



Um LOOK at the date......it is not, that was a month ago.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger



Good, I hope his lame cult goes with him shortly after. Can we just toss in the 50% reduction of price in all Apple crap now that reality will be reuniting with APPL?
reply to post by MasterGemini
 


First, I do not wish a death of a family member, or good friend on anyone. You really never recover,. You deserved to be bashed for your stupid comment and called on it. Do you think it is alright that someone has died? My condolences and prayers to the families. Try and separate the man's accomplishments from your own narrow agenda and put someone other than yourself ahead of your own agenda. You young people have alot to learn about respect in winning/losing, and life.







You deserved to be bashed for your stupid comment and called on it.


Talking about your present actions in the past tense now?

Psychopath in the making . . .
edit on 5-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
10
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join