It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Sarah Palin will not run for president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

BREAKING: Sarah Palin will not run for president

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

(CNN) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has decided not to pursue a bid for the 2012 GOP nomination for president.

“I can be on the right path without being a candidate,” Palin said in on the Mark Levin radio show in an interview Wednesday.

She also said she would not consider a third-party bid.

A source close to the Palin family told CNN, "It's exactly how she laid it out. She came to a decision through family and through prayer. I'm not sure it was more than that. What she was telling people was exactly what it was."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Not a shock, really. Too much BSC baggage with this one. I'm not sure who in this country would vote for someone who runs and hides and quits when the going gets tough and who was the star of a reality TV show.

But she'll be okay with the millions she rakes in and her free lifestyle.Seriously, with all that, who would even want to bother with the headaches of running a country?

(If this was already posted, please delete. Looked and didn't see it. In fact, I even hesitate putting this under breaking news at all as it's merely a blip in this political mess, and, again, not surprising.)

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10/5/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well something went right this year. I would have to cancel all international travel due to tremendous embarrassment.

Might as well make one of the Kardashian sisters President. Smarter and hotter and most likely politically more competent.............

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

There is a God!

But then again...I haven't heard her state such through the Media, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Methinks she'll be happier as a pundit, than POTUS. Richer too.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
A thread has already been made, about this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, this news is so good it probably warrants two threads.

edit on 5-10-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
And the clouds opened and the sunshined ever so brightly and the gods smiled upon us as people and said WE DONT HATE U THAT MUCH.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thank the Lord!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm not really shocked: Not so sure she could have done any worse. We have had presidents who were movie stars, A senator who wore diapers on national TV, Governors who were Pro wrestlers, and we don't have a clue where our current president even came from. Just came out of nowhere and Boom! There he is.
Why would Palin be any different? Because she went for the money? Isn't that what they all do?
Like Abe Lincoln once said. "It Will All Become One Thing"
DH

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There is a God! Amen! Thank you Jesus! I doubt anyone of us want Mrs. I-can-see-Russia from my house running our country. It's mad, thank god that she isn't running. It would be the start of the end of the world.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

I hope not
not into one world things it'll become a race for world domination

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The death of a cash cow.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i don't think i would be able to handle her blatant stupidity in office. couldnt handle it when she was on tv either just so unnaturally blonde
no offense to smart natural blondes

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That family has far too many skeletons in their closet.I guess the rumor about her advisers sitting her down and telling her that she had no chance really did happen.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Sarah Palin - OUT (THANK THE GOOD LORD...although it would of been SOOOOOOOOOO fun and funny to watch)

Chris Christie - OUT

Marco Rubio - OUT for VP.

Looks like the GOP is retreating...I guess they are all figuring out it's NOT going to be so easy to beat Obama.

LOL....best news all day.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
being famous for being famous is a much better gig, good for her

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Your post made me think. It's as if Sarah Palin and George W. Bush were twins at birth, got separated at birth, and went to totally different homes. If SP had been the one to be brought up in the Bush household, I think her life would have been similar to GB's, down to college education and cheerleading, partying, not so bright statements, given a chance to be gov, then becoming POTUS because your daddy had been POTUS.

George would have been a happy drunk in Alaska, hunting and fishing, running for offices and ending up as gov, but there the similarities would end, for I can't think of one potential GOP female POTUS candidate in 2008 who would have been foolish enough to chose GB as a running mate.

.....well, Sarah, if God told you to run for V-Potus then told you not to run for POTUS, then the Bible truly is correct, for I cannot fathom the mind of God....but I'm really glad you listened to Him....because America doesn't need another GB. So go make your money. Afterall, you earned it, you weren't born into it, and maybe God told you to do it.

top topics

join