It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think Occupy Wall St. is a Phase? You Don't Get It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
We have a symbio-parasitic infection feeding on the body of our Nation. The Governments AND Corperations. They feed off each other in order to get more blood (Money)

Then this is where our conversation begins. We realize the problem is stemming from money. Where is all the money? Wall street. There's $131 trillion in this country. Where do you think most of that is?

Until these two are addressed in concert. It will never be fixed.

Then get down there and be heard! Find that common ground to fix the recognizable wrongs.

There are a lot of voices involved in the conversation, if we work together then we won't have the same problems the tea party had.
edit on 6-10-2011 by links234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Please do not attack this group.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The way this movement will and has spread is by people talking about it and about the issues behind it. If you agree with it and can't make it physically to the protests, then no big deal, but talk about it, educate yourself and others about it. If you disagree with it, then educate others on your opinions, it not only helps others to formulate a better understanding but also helps your own understanding as well. Keep an open mind, regardless of what the matter might be, be it this movement or anything else.

MODS: When originally posting this article I mistagged it, and after which the majority of the article was cut-off. I am past the four hour window to edit, so if any of you could do me a favor and fix it, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

well dude now you know how those tea partiers felt its all fun and games til the shoes on the other foot

does it make it right not really but any cause that is just is never above reproach thats the deal

and ows has 900 days to go before they can start complaining about criticism.

thems the breaks

edit on 6-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

They mean to show that there is an inappropriate and correctable disconnect between the abundance America produces and the scarcity its markets manufacture.

This, among many, many, many other things.

Here's another good article in the same vein from Boston.
edit on 10/6/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

I prefer to address the Government side of the equation. I can't physically be there, but I do what I can locally and through emails, letters and just talking to people. There are not enough people holding the other half of the equation accountable.

I just wish the Tea Party (The smaller groups, not the big money funded one) would have gotten involved with the OWS before the Unions did. They have a lot in common.

Now they will never have a unified message. Just more union spin.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Two thoughts come to mind in reading all of the ows threads.

first.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

Abraham Lincoln, (attributed) 16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Second, though not a perfect analogy is the different fighting style of the British and Americans in the Revolutionary war. The British had organization and tested techniques that had been proven effective. The Americans seemed disorganized, undisciplined, etc.

I see something similar in all of the recent protests. Those who are experienced in "the way things are done" may be missing the value in some of the techniques being developed and improved over time. I see many people claiming these movements dead and doomed to failure. Maybe, or maybe they are missing something.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I fully back these protests. We want what Obama promised and hasn't delivered yet or ever will. REAL reform of our tax law to close the loopholes, stricter banking regulations and ban corporate lobbying. Stop letting Wall Street steal from the middle class to make the rich even richer! What are they giving back? Where are the jobs? They keep taking from us by raising prices on products, leveraging additional fee's (BOA), cutting services... all the while making billions in profits. All this without any social or economic consequences to them as well. Every time I turn around some government entity or corporation wants to take more of my hard earned money away. For what? So they can show an even greater profit next year while placing the burden on the backs of the middle class.

Unfortunately, I think in the long run these protests will have NO effect. The only way change will take place is when "We the People" follow in the steps of our forefathers and affect real and permanent change to the system. I believe a more up to date version of the ancient Greek form of democracy.

Each year, 500 names were drawn from all the citizens of Athens. Those 500 citizens had to serve for one year as the law makers of ancient Athens.

greece.mrdonn.org...

I'm probably on a terrorist watch list now for that last paragraph...LOL.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Stan71 because: change a word

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join