It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Weapons Found!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
"Material found in Hindiyah, Iraq, tests positive for chemical-warfare agents in preliminary testing, Pentagon sources tell CNN. Samples being flown to U.S. for further tests. Details soon."

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Here's the link:

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=UGWWFA53CYQ5MCRBAE0CFEY?type=topNews&storyID=2521303

They found missiles with mustard gas, and sarin...

Looks pretty legit, but after some of the past "discoveries", I'd take it with the proverbial grain of salt....

[Edited on 7-4-2003 by Gazrok]

Well watching CNN one of the soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division said it was probably pesticides.

And, on english.aljazeera.net... it says

"US alarm over weapons of mass destruction seems to be fading after false reports and orders to shed protective suits"

Even if they never find WMD, they will be planted eventually.

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by Lie Detector]

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
www.jsonline.com...

US Marines exposed to low levels of Sarin, undergoing decon. Tests are positive for Sarin and Tabun.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
www.jsonline.com...

US Marines exposed to low levels of Sarin, undergoing decon. Tests are positive for Sarin and Tabun.

I guess we will have to wait alittle longer. I am going to keep watching CNN and find out what else develops.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
www.jsonline.com...

Here, now the information about it not being WMD is on yahoo.

story.news.yahoo.com.../afp/20030407/wl_mideast_afp/iraq_war_wmd_030407175243

They just keep on coming

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"Document not found", Lie Detector.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
"Document not found", Lie Detector.

Hmm, it's working for me. Here is the link again. Maybe I didn't copy it all.

story.news.yahoo.com.../afp/20030407/wl_mideast_afp/iraq_war_wmd_030407175243

If that still doesn't work, go to www.yahoo.com and click "Possible Iraqi chemical weapons site found"

Then there should be a link about it turning out to be pesticides.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
OK did do search this is the most recent article

Article

For the record that is not the same issue with respect to the link which started this thread

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

OK did do search this is the most recent article

Article

For the record that is not the same issue with respect to the link which started this thread

Wonder why I haven't heard about that on the news. You would think if they really did have a "smoking gun" they would be bragging all over the news networks.

Well, we shall see. So far, from what I see. No WMD have been found. I know the media would be going crazy if they really did find WMD.

Guess we will just have to wait alittle longer.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I heard about both of them, feild test confirmed that they are chemical weapons, that is what has been reported. The goverment is stating that a felid test
is not absolute so yes we do need confirm the
findings.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I heard about both of them, feild test confirmed that they are chemical weapons, that is what has been reported. The goverment is stating that a felid test
is not absolute so yes we do need confirm the
findings.

Actually, on CNN I just got done watching the reporting on both different sites that were reported to have WMD. And it turns out that neither location had WMD.

Watch CNN.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Don't have to watch CNN have access to website which is updated with substantial frequency "Lie Detector"

As of 11pm nothing has changed it will take several day to confim what we have.

Continuing this seems foolish until the reuslts are made

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Watch CNN. Posted by Lie Detector

Keep in mind that disinformation does exist, in fact flourishes in the US.... and the Clinton News Network is a prime example.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Don't have to watch CNN have access to website which is updated with substantial frequency "Lie Detector"

As of 11pm nothing has changed it will take several day to confim what we have.

Continuing this seems foolish until the reuslts are made

Actually, I did look on there website cause I knew you probably wouldn't want to watch the TV and assume the information was on the website. I didn't see the information on the website either.

But I assure you, I did see them on CNN say that they really didn't find WMD on both site thought to be chemical weapons.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I cannot argue with what you say you saw but for the record I do have access to Associated Press. For me the issue is mute until the US presents is formal conclusion.

And according to the Official response this will take several day's.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
shows "negative" for chemical weapons. Sarin, etc. is in minute trace amounts in pesticides...

www.msnbc.com...

However, I kind of felt that would be the case with this particular site.... I'm more optimistic about the 10' rockets and the barrels found booby-trapped in the bunker....and neither of those finds have completed testing yet....will sty on top of it...

dom

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
That pesticide find... did you notice that some pictures of the containers actually had a little sign on them that said "pesticide".

I am watching for results of the next tests avidly. BBC News did start reporting this story later on yesterday but they were still being fairly cagey about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The papers today are saying it is pesticide, and that it was found with instruction manuals and leaflets on how to kill, well... pests.

and the barrels in Karbala,

www.sky.com...

(I know, I know, it's Sky...)

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
and the effects suffered by the soldiers are indicative of the nerve agents cited, so the proof will be in the testing... Personally, I never held much faith in the agriculture area find, but the booby-trapped ones hold more promise, as do the rockets....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join