Need help identifying this item

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Tobree
Wouldn't egyptians have used vases to carry things? if you look at other hyroglifics they don't usually have what we no as buckets just throwing that out there. so i don't think it's a bucket. on a less serious note it looks like a handbag and he's mincing

LOL

Did someone post a pic of an Egyptian carving showing one of these things?

All I saw were Assyrian and Mesoamerican.

Harte

I am going nuts on google trying to find the Egyptian statue that I saw with this item. I saw it on AA's a while back and when i saw it in Mayan and Sumerian pics I was like "hey what is that." NOW I can't find the darn statue.

I was a statue in the open standing and that is all I remember. As soon as I find it I will post because it wasnt just depicted in Sumerian/Mayan statues/glyphs but Egyptian as well.

I am not sure what I believe it to be but Im interested in finding out as much as I can.

Sorry if it takes a while to respond but I'm trying to read up on all the links provided. Thanks everyone!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Quick websearch pretty intresting stuff

'Buckets', 'Corn' and the 'Tree of Life'.

A common Mesopotamian theme, found on many seals, and works of art is the appearance of what appears to be an image of the 'Tree of Life/knowledge' being harvested (or watered), by 'Winged people' or occasionally by 'Fish-people' as the cylinder seal below shows.

can find the link here its at the bottom

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Great thread. I was actually going to do a thread on this as well, but since you got it started I'll share what I have. I also remember seeing an Egyptian figure somewhere and now can't find it !!!!

Commonalities:
~ a device carried low and forward of the body. Always in the left hand.
~They almost look like the handle is on hinges (so it swings?)
~ Usually a "pine cone" in the right hand held up to the forehead of another

Here they are at Gobekli Tepe:

More pics I have.

Assyrian:

This one is interesting because it's not really a bucket, but I'm not sure what it is:

Mesoamerican:

I had a link over to Thunderbolts that discussed it on a forum that no longer works.

My belief:
They are much more than "water purses".
This is definately some sort of "ritual" of importance or it wouldn't be presented like it is.
It is important but we have yet to figure out it's importance!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

Originally posted by Onboard2
Since those buckets are usually only in the hands of deities or winged beings, could they be a representation of Enki or EA and the ABZU, which is the fresh water. Are they showing that the gods created mankind with the sacred water or semen and their own DNA?

No.

The reliefs show what was stated earlier, what we today know as "genies" or "the D'jinn."

In Akkadian, they are the Apkallu. (Sumerian - Abgal.)

AKA The "Seven Sages" or "Seven Wise Men."

They brought knowledge to mankind, sort of like Prometheus and fire, only without angering the gods, since it was their idea.

Harte

Abgal (Apkallu) Seven Sumerian spirits deriving from the Abzu and subject to Enki.
Manfred Lurker

same as the seven rishis with the seventh manu in the bahitra of vishnu

Yes, and also similar to the "Seven Sages" tales from ancient Greece, except the Greek one involved (presumably) actual people that really existed.

But the concept of "seven sages" can be thought of as a possible link between these cultures.

Harte
edit on 10/7/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

the egyptians have their seven sages too. doesn't the math say they should all be real people and presumably the same ones? you can't argue with how many galton points?

but really there was alot of genetic sounding action happening in the abzu besides the first pig and housecat. science does say there was mad ydna activity some place we ordinarily wouldn't think of at the end of the ice age and i have to say there is a vara there on the edge of the desert and sea.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sorry to hijack but after searching trying to look at more images i found this just wondering if someone could
shed some light on what it actually is

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tobree
Sorry to hijack but after searching trying to look at more images i found this just wondering if someone could
shed some light on what it actually is

Fully explained here.

Shorter, less full, explanations:
here
and
here.

Harte

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thanks alot!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Still looks like a hand-bag to me.....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Great thread. I was actually going to do a thread on this as well, but since you got it started I'll share what I have. I also remember seeing an Egyptian figure somewhere and now can't find it !!!!

Why thanks, seems great minds think a like

OMG yay! Finally someone else who has seen it too! Im not going nuts lol

I am looking thru eps of Ancient Aliens for it lol I know Gio (hair guy lol) mentions it. I swear I'm about to message him on his FB page and ask what statue it was!

Commonalities:
~ a device carried low and forward of the body. Always in the left hand.
~They almost look like the handle is on hinges (so it swings?)
~ Usually a "pine cone" in the right hand held up to the forehead of another

Yup! Exactly. I don't remember if the Egyptian statue had a cone in its other hand, the other item peaked my interest most because so many other civs depict it.

Here they are at Gobekli Tepe:

That is awesome! See it's the same item on it isn't being held from what I can see.

This one is interesting because it's not really a bucket, but I'm not sure what it is:

Yea that is the item. It looks like it's more detailed in this pic. I like it

My belief:
They are much more than "water purses".
This is definately some sort of "ritual" of importance or it wouldn't be presented like it is.
It is important but we have yet to figure out it's importance!!!!!!

I agree! It has some importance imo since so many civs depict it. What it means I don't know. It is depicted in many different ways but again not sure why.

If i remember correctly when AA touched on it they too weren't sure of it's importance but they mentioned how more than one civilization used this item...

Thanks for the pics, they are very nice

Im still looking for that statue!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

my guess would be that since the "Ark of the Covenant" was supposedly a radioactive technology, maybe that is an ancient Geiger counter, which if anyone is knowledgeable about RT or radiation saftey, is a device used to detect levels of mr/h up to r/h.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jftizzle

my guess would be that since the "Ark of the Covenant" was supposedly a radioactive technology, maybe that is an ancient Geiger counter, which if anyone is knowledgeable about RT or radiation saftey, is a device used to detect levels of mr/h up to r/h.

Howdy Jftizzle

Supposely is a good word! The only things known about this box is from the bible:

is a chest described in Book of Exodus as solely containing the Tablets of Stone on which the Ten Commandments were inscribed. According to some traditional interpretations of the Book of Exodus, Book of Numbers, and Epistle to the Hebrews the Ark also contained Aaron's rod,a jar of manna and the first Torah scroll as written by Moses. However, Books of Kings is categoric in declaring that the Ark contained only the two Tablets of the Law. According to the Book of Exodus, the Ark was built at the command of God, in accordance with the instructions given to Moses on Mount Sinai. God was said to have communicated with Moses "from between the two cherubim" on the Ark's cover. Rashi and some Midrashim suggest that there were two arks - a temporary one made by Moses himself, and a later one constructed by Bezalel

From the wiki is a fair summary

Link to summary on what is known about the ark

Magical powers are ascribed to the ark but as in any story one might be wise to take the tale with a grain of salt the size of Gozo

edit on 7/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i found the following 2 photos of a similair item (very very big)

they are the detail of this photo:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Reignite

WOW thanks for those!

I haven't seen ones where the bottom looks like some animal. Interesting.

Thanks

Im still looking into this object. I get side tracked with various links!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Reignite

WOW thanks for those!

I haven't seen ones where the bottom looks like some animal. Interesting.

Thanks

Im still looking into this object. I get side tracked with various links!

your welcome! its a very interesting subject.

here's another one i just found that reminded me of this topic:

it is 90degrees rotated, but anyway, if you look closeley you see the handle is attached to the basket. The last peice of the top of the handle has a couple of curves. now with enough imagination you could see a lion.. or a sheep. the bottom part also has curves but that looks more like the tail of a snake. could alos be nothing though...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i am not al wise as some clame to be but it seems what they carry in ther hand is the bag of armino gra. you may not know or ever heard of this for which it is keep in great of secrets but may be the answer you seek. for which i can tell you no more for i am allways being watched.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join