It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help identifying this item

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

That's IT!!!

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Yea I want to know what it was for or what the meaning was behind it and why they all seem to have it. There is an Egyptian statue where it's also being held and again I can't think of the statue!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My opinion is that its a ceremonial item, perhaps a bucket of hot coals which resin would be dropped on to create smoke as incense, perhaps a lantern as well. It certainly does seem to hold something either liquid or too hot to touch.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You may wish to identify where the image can be found. Many such images had writing on them or near them. That will give you information on the context of the purpose of the image.

Good point

Seems I will have more research which is fine with me! Gives me something to do and I learn.

I will have to look thru Egyptian, Mayan and other Ancient texts and glyphs.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
My opinion is that its a ceremonial item, perhaps a bucket of hot coals which resin would be dropped on to create smoke as incense, perhaps a lantern as well. It certainly does seem to hold something either liquid or too hot to touch.

If that was the case you would not be able to hold on to the handle the heat from the coals would essentially burn the *snip* out of your hands. Heat rises!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parta
its the banddudû from the cone smeering ritual. it held water or pollen.

Interesting...I googled the term banddudû and got one hit.

What do you mean by cone smearing ritual? Did all civs do this? Many have this item depicted.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

According to this site (read pic statements) It is a bucket tha contains the blood/water of life. still looking for the name. www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Yea I want to know what it was for or what the meaning was behind it and why they all seem to have it.

In Assyrian art the basket and cone almost always appear in the hands of supernatural creatures rather than humans, suggesting that these objects may have served a magical purpose. Assyrian texts refer to the basket and cone carried by the genies in many of these reliefs as a “bucket” and “purifier.” This terminology may indicate that in addition to serving to pollinate the sacred tree (as scholars have concluded), these objects had a cleansing effect as well.

www.brooklynmuseum.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadLights

Most lanterns and coal carriers have a lid and a front facing grill which allows the heat and smoke to escape from the side as opposed to the top. It probably carries liquid though.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

While many sources suggest that this is a container of holy water, like you I discovered some that speculated that this pail could have contained pollen for use in artificial pollenation. I can imagine how this procedure could be highly symbolic of fertilization and therefore worthy of its repeated depictions in these ancient works of art.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

What gets me is that usually when depicting containers and what not. We are usually shown whats inside. If it's something holding corn we are shown there is corn inside usually by makin the container itself looking pretty full. These items are never shown with anything inside so far that I've seen. So it kinda makes me wonder.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Great question.

When you are snooping around, looking at these old glyph's you will come across some very 'weird' objects. Sometimes they do not even have an English or even a modern translation. For example there is an idol of a priest in central America. He is about 4 feet tall and he is holding two objects, a book, and the other item DOES NOT have a modern translation. It just has a name in the local language, which is Na'huatl, which translates loosely to 'fiery serpent'. It is said to strike enemies with a fatal light. I have mentioned this a few times in other post. This ancient alien thing is not new at all either by the way. I read about this object in about 05 in a book titled "Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock, which is now on the ancient alien show coincidentally.

Just wanted to share that with you. Sometimes when you look at these objects, they may just be the standard-logical explanation like the water pale. But, in most cases it is something very different. Keep that in mind don't go to far out like he's carrying a car battery, but leave the door open. I believe this object is not a water pale, and I also believe you will not find an answer because I think this is a question that may have never been asked. You will have to study and create one.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by Parta
its the banddudû from the cone smeering ritual. it held water or pollen.

Interesting...I googled the term banddudû and got one hit.

What do you mean by cone smearing ritual? Did all civs do this? Many have this item depicted.

Thanks

maybe try searching the assyrian word for bucket.

personally i think a relationship existed between the americas and mesopotamia through a third party which was ancestral to both. thats just me though.

ps. i personally don't think its a pine cone. i think its haoma or saoma
edit on 5-10-2011 by Parta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Maybe another representation of the pineal gland?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think you may have already found this link but maybe you haven't,....

Bucket and Cone

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Parta

Maybe another representation of the pineal gland?

sometimes the tree of life looks like a field of poppies. who knows what was really important to them.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I covered this item in another post M. It might be helpful to you. Blood/Water of life Bucket.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: There's also a link in my post with more info. The cone also signifies deity, and represents the third eye, or pineal gland.
ETA2: I think "bandaddu" is the Sumerian word for this bucket. But I'm not 100% on that.
edit on 10/5/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Why should this "object" be a physical thing?
Think in terms of a metaphorical depictation of either an alien carrying a host of things to us about science, government, etc. And if you don't want to believe he represents an alien, simply see him as an important leader, early scientists, or banjo player carrying a gift for mankind if not his lunch.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
water of life is a big deal in Sumerian religious thought
Water of life is interchangeable with semen by the way, Sumerians made no distinction between water and semen

it's obviously part of an 'anointing' set, the bucket /Louis Vi-ton /receptacle ,and the thing in the other hand which is dipped in the bucket contents and then sprinkled on something (which changes it's nature)and makes it Holy.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

According to this site (read pic statements) It is a bucket tha contains the blood/water of life. still looking for the name. www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Bingo.

That's what I've always read. Now why do such scattered peoples and times all show something similar?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry mblahnikluver for being late. Was busy

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
You may find some interesting info on this site. They simply refer to this item as a bucket, but it seems that in most instances it is pictured along with another item called "the cob" and refers to harvesting.

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

Cob! I believe it's a pinecone and represents the pineal gland. I have wondered about the buckets also and they have also been referred to as the 'magic' buckets. In these depictions there are always wings, which I think, represents reaching a higher level(like a bird), and the position of the pinecone placed where the pineal gland would be in the brain. Buckets hold water, but I'm not completely sure of the significance. Isn't the water bearer on the Zodiac? Or water could be used as a conductor. I don't know! It's very interesting to me.

Thanks for the link! I will check it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join