It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help identifying this item

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ok I have been on an Ancient Aliens kick for a week since I got a DVR
I have noticed many times before that more than one civilization has pictures of people holding this item. I KNOW it has a name but i can't for the life of me find out the name. Its for a thread I want to do but I need the name to look into it more....So if you know what this is called PLEASE help! I have googled my fingers off almost and asked all around but nothing.

MODS you can move this if you feel like it. I just needed to know what this object is called.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hes looking at his watch on his wrist, must be time for tea. Looks like a sumerian tea pot to me

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Looks to me to be a water transport unit.

Or Bucket.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Man Purse !

Looking closely ,, Does it look like it has a mushroom on the side?
maybe it is tea time.
edit on 5-10-2011 by hbarker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hbarker
Man Purse !

yeah a sumerian louis vuitton

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You should probably U2U slayer and ask him. It has been covered here before, either that or I read it on project camelot. Ancient Aliens really isn't my thing, though it is an interesting if ultimately false premise.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A bucket?

Or a power module for a trans-dimensional all terrain vehicle.

link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Looking at the pic in it's entirety it's 1 of 2 things in my mind the formal being the most possible. Either a bucket or a radiation sensor.

link   
Unless I'm wrong, I read somewhere that it's supposed to be a kind of "watering bucket" for watering humans as they are created or as they grow or something along those lines. It might also be some kind of container for a food or drink that was given to the humans to give them life or make them live longer. Don't know if that helps, but that's my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadLights

A water bucket..Thats all I see.Is there something we are missing??

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
You should probably U2U slayer and ask him. It has been covered here before, either that or I read it on project camelot. Ancient Aliens really isn't my thing, though it is an interesting if ultimately false premise.

Thanks!! Yea I know it has a name but I can't remember it.

I have seen it in various pics from Ancient times, not just the Sumerians but the Egyptians as well.

I like Ancient Aliens, I don't always agree with what they say but it's something to go from on my own personal research. ALL I do is research AA topics lol
Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
reply to post by DeadLights

A water bucket..Thats all I see.Is there something we are missing??

Are we looking for an arguement?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You may find some interesting info on this site. They simply refer to this item as a bucket, but it seems that in most instances it is pictured along with another item called "the cob" and refers to harvesting.

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
You may find some interesting info on this site. They simply refer to this item as a bucket, but it seems that in most instances it is pictured along with another item called "the cob" and refers to harvesting.

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

Cool!! Thanks

I like that site. Haven't seen it before! I won't be sleeping tonight! I have been reading about the Sumerians and Egyptians all day...As well as the Ancient Indians. I have watched AA reruns all day as well and each time I watch it something catches my eye.

Thanks Tasty!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
When needing help identifying an item I usually seek the expert advice from this being! He is very informative if you but stay awhile and listen.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

In all seriousness though, I would also say a water bucket. Not to be a smart A** but, the age of, or, the sign of Aquarius is the water bearer, the gift giver.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Check here :

www.crystalinks.com...

Other acient gods with the same item :

And this one is quetzalcoalt or wiracocha ? (yes, nothing to do with sumerians), with the same item.

Seems it was a popular item in acient cultures.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

HAHA Agarta

Nah I don't know what it's called that is why I'm asking. Someone told me a while back and I forgot! I have seen it in various cultures. I want to look into it more since so many had it. I find things like that interesting esp since they are all from different ages.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You may wish to identify where the image can be found. Many such images had writing on them or near them. That will give you information on the context of the purpose of the image.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
its the banddudû from the cone smeering ritual. it held water or pollen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join