It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS DOA or Simply Misdirected?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just to add to the footballer (/soccer player) comment.

Doctors often make twice as much as nurses, if not more... So, there is another demand and supply issue. It takes a lot more training for doctors (athletes have to constantly train), and this pushes the pay rates up higher.
edit on 13-10-2011 by sensibleSenseless because: avoid repetition

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I believe Woodwardjr was speaking more to the thoroughly screwed up nature of people's priorities than to what goes into making a footballer, or supply and demand economics.

You've just had a stroke - QUICK! Who would you be willing to pay higher for to have work on you - a professional footballer, or a nurse?

Yup, I'm with him on this one - some folks have their priorities all out of whack.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
chalk up another for the unfederal b.s. bank of the U.S.
the owdenver crowd has been forcefully removed.
so much for peacefully assembly - permit this !
guess it's back to the drawing board.

although i am on the opposite polar region - i do believe that banks and banking need to be restructured.
a 1 time usury fee not to exceed 5% sounds ok to me.
why should us common folk have to be punished by monthly interest fees.
that money could be going to stoking the U.S economy.

the following is excerpted form the AW foundation - (german to english) - James Warburg.
Sie können also einen 1-Dollarschein für 1 Cent drucken und verleihen diesen für 5-Cent „Aufwandsentschädigung“ pro Jahr, auch Zins genannt, an Ihre Regierung.

Das ist eine Gewinnspanne von 500,00 %.

Achso, Sie haben Recht, Sie drucken lieber mehr 100-Dollarscheine, da beträgt die Gewinnspanne 50.000,00 % - nicht verschlucken – da steht fünfzigtausend Prozent.

They can print a dollar light 1 for 1 cent and lend this for 5 cents of "expenditure compensation" per year, called also interest, to your government.
This is a profit margin of 500.00%.
Achso, you are right, you print rather more dollar lights 100, there the profit margin amounts to 50,000.00% - do not swallow – there stand 50000 percent.
She neither the mother nor the big sister is, because it was founded much later, as many European central banks stands on another sheet and should not occupy us here also further. We would like to indicate rather überdeutlich the 23.12.1913 the probably most important and at the same time probably also the most sombre day in the finance history of the humanity has been.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This could be a scene from OWS +4015 days...

NYC - the year 2022

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

OWS seems to be gaining momentum. Demonstrations in other countries (Canada, China, Australia, Italy, etc) and now a sister-org. Occupy the Boardroom is joining the "movement" ... There are more clashes happening between the police and the protesters, the rhetoric suggests that it has been stepped up a level. This shocked me, note the guest vs. member stats. to this poll question:

edit on 15-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

"Quests" seem to love & be advocating "Violence"

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

May be just one step ahead of itself.
That's what I was thinking anyway.

SnF Slayer

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You know, I'm not scared of snakes, or biting dogs, or even reheaded women.

I gotta admit, OWS had me spooked there for a while, though. Now, not so much.

I saw the video of the epic protestor meltdown. Piece of cake.

These folks are irrational. Irrational people, while being unpredictable. and therefore somewhat scary, have ONE predictable trait in common. It's easy to push them right over the edge. Doesn't take much to piss 'em off and rile 'em up to the point of no return, then you just clothesline them and move on to the next.

Nope, they've got no plan nor solution, they just run on unthinking emotion. A calm man can take them down, every time. All he has to do is retain his wits, while they can't.

Not spooked by them any more. These are NOT your father's marxists.

They're an Emo variant, and a pale imitation.

Hell, they don't even have a good enough command of English to be able to properly capitalize the word "Revolution". How in the world to they expect to communicate any sort of message to English speakers?

edit on 2011/10/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thank you Slayer.

I'd love to add something - - but your OP is about as complete and right on target as it can get.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
"they don't have a clue why they are here"

Who is "they" and are they in cohesion?

I think individuals know why they are there.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Huge protests in Europe, 200k in Rome and look at the number of people who turned out in Madrid ... Safe to call this a "movement" now, no?

edit on 16-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I urge anyone who has read this thread to make the demands that should *actually* be asked for viral.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's make demands that get to the ROOT and could actually be PLAUSIBLE given enough support!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I think individuals know why they are there.

Ooops. lol. I think they know why also, for the most part. I also think you should read my post.
(Notice I didn't say re-read).

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I for one am glad it came to this. It showed that the vast majority of ATS had their ASS and rear Squared away!

This in in itself supports my perception

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well I guess we can sleep better now.......

China just announced support for OWS

China: Occupy Wall Street's issues worth thought

BEIJING (AP) -- China's foreign ministry said Monday the Occupy Wall Street movement highlights issues that are worth considering, but that debates generated by the protests should promote global economic growth....

"We feel that there are issues here that are worth pondering," said Liu Weimin, a foreign ministry spokesman during a regular briefing in Beijing.

"We have also noticed that in the media there has been a lot of commentary, discussion and reflection. But we think that all of these reflections should be conducive to maintaining the sound and steady development of the world economy," Liu said, without elaborating.

Now What?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the post slayer - im learning more about us politics and economics here than I have on other sites.

Can you please explain why you have a two party system - its never made sense to me, just feels like a dictatorship followed by a dictatorship - with each term or terms unable to make any decisions or effect any change - due to the one party opposition. Why can't other parties run ?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Occupy the Boardroom

Lord I need glasses. I really thought that read Occupy the Bedroom.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Occupy the Boardroom

Lord I need glasses. I really thought that read Occupy the Bedroom.

Now that's a movement I would support!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by britchik
Can you please explain why you have a two party system - its never made sense to me, just feels like a dictatorship followed by a dictatorship - with each term or terms unable to make any decisions or effect any change - due to the one party opposition. Why can't other parties run ?

I believe originally it was who ever came in first and second - - whether they agreed politically or not.

In other words who ever got the most votes was president - - and whoever came in second was Vice-President.

That probably isn't the best idea.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
NM.

edit on 24-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join