It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to learn controlled astral projection, but I can't concentrate, help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I've grown increasingly interested in learning how to Astral Project at will, I want to explore the astral realm visit the akashic hall of records, see things no man has seen. I don't want to hear it's not real, I know for fact it is, i've done it at least a dozen times but I'm having trouble learning to induce it. I can't concentrate enough to meditate or enter a near sleap state, I have ADD so my mind is always thinking, wnadering, even now i've got a million things running through my head at once. I know for fact it's real, I accidentally traveled to my firends house once and was sitting on the couch across from him and his girlfriend, but I wasn't really there physically, they were on the couch but they didn't see me. I hadn't met his girlfriend yet so the next day I described to details to him and he said it was absolutely accurate. I've done it a dozen times by accident but I want to learn to do it on purpose. Does anyone else who astral projects have ADD, if so how did you learn, is there some feasable way for me to learn. Maybe i should just practice harder experiment more with other techniques. Alas, thank you for your time, Namaste.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
When you are at the stage where you feel like a ball of energy and the audible buzzing is at a constant rate you then get the chance to melt away from your body. I'm guessing from what you've said that the problem you are experiencing is getting too excited just as you start to leave your body.

The solution?

Practise and dedication. But cool minded dedication, not obsession. Learn to embrace the trippy out of body experience instead of getting anxious about it.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
...among other things, focus on your breathing. Breathe in a ratio of 1:1:2 (in:hold
ut) or just 1:2 (in
ut). As you get more advanced you will be able to breathe deeper, but focusing on the breathing/chest/navel area will get your mind off of your eyes, which is the #1 sensation that will keep you from getting into a deeper state. I've found I can go from an active working state to asleep/deep meditation within a few minutes by employing this technique.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Yeah thats most of it, i'll keep practicing. Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Having similar problems as the original poster. Going to keep looking at this thread for info.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Do not give up! It is real, and it can be done. I have also not succeeded yet, but I know people who have.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've have some struggles as well, and it seems that projection for me happens only when I least expect it. Swallowing and eye movement have to be my biggest problems.

Have you tried different techniques? From what I can remember, I've had the most success laying down on my stomach and "rolling" away from my body. It doesn't force myself to imagine the sensation to float, but rather, fall out of my bed. You can say I let "gravity" or whatever take over, and its one less thing to concentrate on, if that makes sense.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by raoulduke666

I've tried the float to the ceiling technique, along with the rope and roll out techniques as well, however i've never tried laying on my stomach, I shall try that, thank you. Tonight I am going to try a "spiritual magnet" technique I came up with I will pin a small image on my ceiling after studying this image I shall visualize it then imagine my body floating towards it, I will imagine looking at it from 5 inches away. Perhaps this will pull my astral body out, i've tried the other techniques but my hands just go numb, then I fall asleep. I tried some Calea Zacatachchi once, it was used by mexican shamans to induce a dreamwalk like state, after smoking some I was startled when my legs started to float away like I was a balloon being pulled on a string. It was pretty trippy, at the time I didn't realize that i was leaving.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Projecting at will, from fully awake, is very very difficult (for me).
The best method for me is setting my alarm clock to some god awful hour, waking up, then trying. What typically happens is that I do my best to passively concentrate and think about projecting, at some point I start slipping off to sleep, but soon after I get woken back up by the vibrations, at which point its easy to exit.
I've always found that the hardest part about projecting was actually getting to the point where you can truly exit your body. Most of the time you think you're there but you're not.
When I'm ready to project the vibrations are insanely strong. I get the buzzing in your ears feeling x100 but all over my body. By then you just let yourself float out and bingo bango, time for fun.
edit on 5-10-2011 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hahaha, learn to meditate...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm sure you've gotten some good advice in the threads about meditation and quieting your thoughts. Well I will add in something I've come to. There is a time and a place for everything. There is a time for your mind to go at high speed and try to figure it all out. Then there is a time when it gets a little tired and slows down. Especially if you are young, I think your mind is going to go at high speed. It gets a lot easier as time goes on. But you have to slow your life down to. You have to see things for what they are.

On Lucid dreaming threads sometimes I tell people to make their best efforts during the late hours of their sleep, when the REM cycle is longest.

In the same way I will advise you to make your best efforts during the week when your mind is calm, when you are sort of taking things in. Surely some time in the week you have some downtime, a time to stop and think? For a lot of people this is sunday.

After you really slow it down a few times, you'll find that you can do it at anytime, in time. But after a while you realize that it's not important to stop your thoughts when your mind actually has something important to figure out. All I am saying is maybe there is a reason your mind is racing and you shouldn't feel that you have to stop it.

Focus on relaxing your body, be aware of your body and your breathing, this will probably also relax your mind. I find that in OOBE and lucid dreaming attempts it's usually a physical thing that jolts you as you drift into that state. Robert Bruce called these energy blockages and he often talked about the arms and legs when referring to where these likely were.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

That's good advice I will hold on to it. I believe I may have found my best technique, most times I have an OOBE It's usually after my alarm goes off around 6:30 am. I will lay back down then open my eyes every 5 minutes to ensure I don't fall asleep, then I sit up, look at the time, and stretch. Then I wake up and realize that I never got up, I was dreaming, but the time is the exact as it was in the dream.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

Did you ever wonder if it was a step down? What they say is it is all about frequencies and vibrations. The astral plane is higher then our physical plane is. I have read that our heart beat is the human frequencies. Then why do they say to lower your heart beat by controling your breathing? Well, thats my question about it.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm new here, but I'll throw in my two cents.

Astral projection has been a little obsession of mine for probably seven years or so, since I had my first and only experience with it. I had been up for 24 hours, fallen asleep, woken back up, fallen asleep again, and then woke up in the night with sleep paralysis. I knew from researching it for years before that sleep paralysis was the key to getting out of the body. So I just closed my eyes and it was as simple as willing myself up and out. It only lasted a few moments because I was excited and freaked out all at the same time. Since then, I haven't been able to do it, but like you, my goal is to be able to do it at will.

I can't meditate and all that stuff. I can get very relaxed, and get a "tingly" feeling, but for me that just happens when I haven't moved for a while. Sensations such as that haven't been a good indicator of readiness to leave my body. It's only when I wake up into sleep paralysis that I feel what I consider to be legitimate indicators. The lead blanket feeling, not being able to move the limbs well, the "woosh" and a kind of weird, heavy pushing and pulling feeling. I woke up with sleep paralysis very recently but was too afraid to try and get out, as I wasn't home at the time and wasn't very comfortable in that environment. But I do believe that is the key. I sincerely believe that if people were able to do it a handful of times one after the other that they could eventually get the hang of it. Unfortunately, sleep paralysis episodes can be weeks, months, and years apart, so "practicing" isn't really a possibility.

So yeah, the trick is to enter the "mind awake body asleep" state. So far I haven't found any decent techniques to induce this, but that's partially because of my inability to maintain a calm, relaxed position. However, there is a series of videos on youtube, just search for "Lucidology 101" and you should be able to find them. They have been helpful in some regards, so I'd say they are worth the watch.

Good luck with your astral travels.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

reply to post by annonymous1234

reply to post by expat2368

reply to post by raoulduke666

Try just sitting down in a dark quiet room and focus on your breathing... The hardest part is getting into the right "rhythm" with your breathing. I can't astral project at will, yet, but I've induced it by accident like the OP lol.

The way I've done it is to just sit and vibe in a quiet room and I used the stopwatch on my iPhone.

Don't FORCE the breathing... SLOW down your breathing and watch the stopwatch for 7, exhale for 7, inhale for 7, exhale for 7... and just do this until you get the rhythm and "feeling" for 7.

Eventually the screen turns off automatically so just let it go, close your eyes and keep the rhythm going. 7 in, 7 out remembering NOT to force your breathing but let it come naturally. Eventually you'll be able to breath at a more "normal" rate and count to 7 and further down the road you'll be able to take some REALLY deep breaths in and out for the 7s count. Just keep doing it, lay back in a comfortable position or sitting up. w/e works for you and eventually you'll start feeling/hearing your heart rate and the tingling sensation/waves that start reverberate throughout your entire being from a singlur>sub-cellular>cellular level

Also, try drinking some hot (not scalding) tea to help relax your throat/lungs and it'll help with the breathing

You might want to try inhaling REALLY deeply a couple times before starting meditation with your arms stretched up to help expand your lungs even more

Hope my advice can help you guys... as I said I can't do it at will either, yet... but it's a process

edit on 10-10-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

That's a good question, If I recall correctly the 3rd dimension (us) vibrates at a frequency of 7.23 and to astral project (4th dimension) one would have to highten their frequency, more and more with each advancement in dimensions. I've heard of others doing it via meditaion, but I dunno if it just happens or if you have to fucus on it, I've no idea, I can barely meditate as is.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I want a billion dollars but I just can't seem to get my hands on it! ARRRRRGGGHHH.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

Thank you for your two cents and welcome to ATS. I've heard of many successes via sleep paralysis, I myself have only succeeded through it, I think it's the best method. I have heard of Lucidology 101 I haven't gotten around to watching it so i'll have to do that, I heard of it through another youtube video series Spirit Science by Jordan Duchnycz. Thank you once again and Namaste.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

Thats some really good advice, thank you i'll start on that.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I tried for 6 months back 2004 and got really close. I stopped up until about 6 months ago. I was still having the same problem inducing until someone suggested said to set my alarm 2 to 3 hours before you get up. I figured out a much easier way. The reason you have to wake up like that is because you need increased melintoin levels. You can induce it by taking melintoin 10mg about 20 minutes before bed You can find it in any place that sell vitamins. After the 2nd night, it worked. I actually fell through my bed at first then kinda flew wildly around my room for what felt like hours but was only 45 minutes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join