It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the infamous "Disclosure" project stalled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The subject of Disclosure has become a very controversial one of late. We all know this to be true.

Yesterday I was reading Grant Cameron's latest article about Area 51 and I downloaded the FOIA Documents requested by him to aid his work which can be found at the following link.

FOIA Files

Included amount the numerous document is a briefing from Steven Greer to the American Government regarding disclosure during the 1990's. He strongly advises that disclosure be considered and presents a very strong argument. Among the documents are also eye witness reports from military personnel and seemingly high ranking members of government.

Take a look at the documents. It seems to me that if ever Disclosure was planned it's stalled or has been stopped by someone official somewhere. I remember during the 1990's and early into the new millennium the amount of officials. Pilots, astronauts & others who were saying yes ET's exist we've all seen the videos.

Now these reports are few and far between and any mainstream scientist is excommunicated like some rouge of the church for even taking the issue seriously.

Just wanted to start a discussion. Opinions here please
edit on 5/10/2011 by ArMaP because: Link corrected

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
imho....there has been no stall.....because.....there is nothing to disclose.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by subcsailor

That's a very closed minded view considering how many unexplained phenomena have occurred in the last 50 years or so. Allot remaining unexplained even to this day.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of hoaxers and extremest idiots who keep claiming proof and they irritate me endlessly.

I just think it's important to keep an open mind. Appreciate the reply none the less though

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So all the foreign & domestic military, enlisted & officers, are just full of crap? You know, the guys who aren't selling books or giving lectures but are just telling their stories of UFO encounters to the world & are asking the Govts of the world to finally come clean about what they know. And this is only some of the [former] military stepping up to the plate. I forgot to mention the DOD civilians as well, & the rest of the civilian world.

You mean there's nothing at all to disclose? All of these people are just liars? Even the former military personel who held clearances, such as Top Secret/SCI? They're all just liars huh?

I don't believe you

edit on 5-10-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I wish it would happen already, I actually got sick of all the BS and sent a letter to Obama (although its not like he really read it) stating that we deserve to know what is going on with the ET phenom. I was hoping for some kind of response, even if it would have been just a knock at my front door with two guys standing there telling me never to think of this again. At least I would have had the satisfaction of knowing I got under their skin.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No. I hold my fellow soldiers in very high regard. Expecially the Rendlesham Forest personnel. I do believe something did happen. Just no need to make stuff like that up. But for disclosure. Just don't think it will happen. If disclosure comes, it will be by the "aliens" themselves and not by a government public disclosure.

That is just my opinion and is worth about as much as me typing it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have a question about "Disclosure".

Could it fully take place as it's advocates envision, if the Intelligences behind the -anomalous- ufo phenomenon do NOT want to be publicly Disclosed?

No trick question, I actually don't know myself.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Could it fully take place as it's advocates envision, if the Intelligences behind the -anomalous- ufo phenomenon do NOT want to be publicly Disclosed?
reply to post by Saucerwench

It would probably have to involve a number of people being released from oaths etc to stop the biggest series of law suits in human history but I believe the technical answer to your question is no unfortunately.

Too many shady black ops people involved which causes a major problem. Read the documents from CSETI I posted it's disturbing how many organizations were operating outside of the law and that was twenty years ago.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench

Probably. But it would have to entail "them" making a mistake and "we" recovering absolute proof. The only proof I find remotely credible to date is some of the eye witness experiences. Not all.....but some of them.
edit on 5-10-2011 by subcsailor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
steven greer either got " got at " or he was a plant

they will be no disclosure in my life time and im late 20's

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Titor86

I agree with some of you thoughts. I think a lot of the 90's UFO boom was brought about through the media, and the Government had to say something. During the 90's much like the boom of recent years are technology based. In the 90's cable and satellite TV were in more households and information about the phenomenon was taught to people that otherwise had no idea the government had answers and knew about it. Much like today, the internet age is educating more people and can allow visual evidence and had brought about a new age of disclosure.
I don't think the government will ever come out unless they need to. The possibility of ET's contacting us in some way is more likely, how and when that will happen I feel will be coming sooner than we think. With the world in its shape nowadays, there may be an "intervention" in our actions to protect us from our selves.
So to awsner you question, no, it did not stall because it was never and may never happen!! Its sad but true.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Perhaps you are expecting too much direct instances? I like to frequently use an old Zen saying: "Expect nothing. Be prepared for anything." Look around you.

The Disclosure is on-going, but not a directly assault on the revelation that some expect. It is an end run around admitting UFOs. It is Sagan's Doctrine: Don't talk about the evidence for UFOs, make them first understand that intelligent life is safely "out there. We'll deal with the topic of UFOs later." (Sagan, if you didn't know, was a turncoat. As an undergrad and grad student he was adament that UFOs were a serious problem. See Williman Boundstone's bio of Sagan.)

You see, the job has been given to Science to create a solid, cautious approach. The mid-1970s Viking missions to Mars found evidence for life, but that was a drastic mistake on NASA's part. Too hasty. So they denied that out-of-the-blue shock. What was put in place was to allow Science to progress slowly, to do its thing. We have been getting bits an pieces of finding evidence FOR life every since.

A new Mars mission is in the works that will verify the Viking mission, but again, it will be only looking for evidence of primative life. Add the discovery of water--long, long held to be found ONLY on this planet--on the Mars, Moon, titan, and perhaps elsewhere in earth-like planets, and any fool can see what they are doing.

In short, they are building their own undeniable case for the possible existence of UFOs right now and right here. At this stage, the only important aspect missing is the "time/distance" factor that was the centerweight of Sagan's argument: "Yes, they are out there, but no, they can't get here." In recent weeks, that artificial illusion seems to be crumbling.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm not trying to troll but Greer is a crazy dude. For every 1 seemingly logical piece of evidence he has 15 crazy, off the wall theories. The reptilians, the Greys, anti-gravity he just goes on and on and on. He talks about this stuff like he's seeing it on a daily basis. Yet he's offers no proof other than witness testimony ( which we all know is highly reliable). I believe in life in the cosmos but feel "the disclosure project" does nothing but paint the entire topic with a bright glossy coat of crazy.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench

It depends who is behind the ufo phenomeno.I believe that most of the ufos are human-made and only a very small number,might be of extraterrestrial origin.So ,if the ufos are human-made i don't believe that whoever has this technology will want to disclose it.
On the ET part,if they wanted their presence to be known by the general public,they would have done it ages ago.Maybe they don't like humans very much,maybe they are afraid the talking apes with the fancy toys.

The question i ask in "disclosure threads" is:If the goverments step out and say "yes aliens do exist and they are among us",are we going to believe them?I mean conspiracy theorists don't trust goverments on anything,why suddenly trust them on that?Especially now,with wars,revolutions, economic crisis and all those other problem,everyone will shout :They try to cover something and they play the ETs card.

Think about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just because someone is in the military does not mean they are any more adept at identifying objects in the sky...Pilots have been known, on many occasions, to mistake missiles launched from long distances away as UFO's.

There are more things in the sky that can be construed as UFO's than most people realize. I am sure that many of the supporters of UFO's have no clue how many different types of atmospheric phenomena can cause what many report as UFO's. There are just TOO MANY possibilities, and no one person is ever going to be knowledgeable enough to distinguish between and rule out all of these possibilities.

I firmly believe that the reason the Disclosure Project isn't going anywhere is because there is in fact nothing to disclose. The reason being that some of what is seen, especially on mass scales, are military aircraft that remain classified, and that is all the military is protecting.

I wish some of you would take the time to read literature not designed and written by proponents of the UFO theory, but rather by those actually involved in some of the earlier top secret projects during and after WWII. Some of them actually discuss what was little known at the time, which was that these top secret aircraft, when flown, would sometimes cause a wave of UFO sightings.

There are just too many terrestrial explanations for lights in the sky...We don't need extraterrestrial explanations to get to the bottom of the issue. I think the fact that so many people believe in aliens actually influences other people to believe the same thing. But the problem is that the people who believed initially got it wrong to begin with.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I would agree to that, that disclosure will not come from the Gov't, well most likely not any western Gov't. I wouldnt be surprised if South America, China, Russia, or Japan made the announcement first, or the ETs themselves. But unless the current American Gov't does a complete 180 in personel, policy & procedure, well than it ain't gonna come from them.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I reckon it will be announced at the UN via Russia or China et al. That should be fun

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
There are more things in the sky that can be construed as UFO's than most people realize. I am sure that many of the supporters of UFO's have no clue how many different types of atmospheric phenomena can cause what many report as UFO's. There are just TOO MANY possibilities, and no one person is ever going to be knowledgeable enough to distinguish between and rule out all of these possibilities.

You appear to miss evidence. The 6th man to walk on the moon knows about all this and still tells us the truth:

But you can also just LISTEN to the many hours of interview of Disclosure videos, available on youtube, to find out that their descriptions are NOT atmospheric effects....
edit on 5-10-2011 by pascalt because: Youtube video

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Personally, I could use some help on this subject. Retired Army Col. John Alexander has been all over the media lately saying that disclosure has already happened through the many, many statements by military and governmental personnel. Certainly, quite a few of these folks he mentions are of a caliber and pedigree that would presuppose their intimate knowledge of such things, but unless I'm missing something its not disclosure unless its sanctioned. How it would be vetted I have no idea, but I am concerned he could be half right. Would we be more suspicious than convinced in the event of actual disclosure? The complete distrust the governments have sewn make any such action highly suspect, regardless what position they take. Most likely, this is what they hoped for and have been cultivating for so very long. If there is enough disinformation and inability to trust governmental information, FOI or otherwise, then how will we ever know short of ET's proverbial landing on the white house lawn? Even then?

I would love to be wrong, and I am definitely open to constructive opinions.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
For all non believers, (or should I say "if you haven't researched the proofs yet"), check out this nice website which has all the obvious disclosure videos by astronauts, military, etc. rokkat.com... - you will not be disappointed if you spent a couple hours watching some of these videos, and learning the truth... but you might be confused and angry, beware!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join