It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Dominance on the World Stage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD
Actually, there are 28 members of the coalition that support it.

yes and how many countries are in the UN?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD

I'm sure that the people of Iraq appreciate that the country of Belgium couldn't even commit a battalion of troops to help them. No one asked Belgium to commit hundreds of thousands of troops. Just to do your part.

I'm not falling back on a �you hate America� argument. Your comments have made it more than obvious how you feel.

I have an American education and can spell. It must be the school system in Belgium.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by GD]

mabye they dont want to get thier men killed for another countries people.
we dont hate americans we just dont like arogance.
hmm funny how we use diffrent dictionaries hm ever think of that?

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I think it's safe to say people like GD are itching for a big war, something on the scale of the Iran-Iraq War.

Try winning something like that with that kind of an attitude, GD.

What???

I am for safeguarding this country. Try reading my posts without reading the garbage that people have said in response. It's good to see that people in this forum are so open minded, and so easily manipulated as to mistake other peoples statements for mine. I am pro strong, safe America, so I'm wrong??? I'm glad many of you that attack me enjoy the freedoms and benefits of living here. Maybe you reflect on the fact that it was the United States was attacked, and that we are essentially being deserted by our allies in a global conflict. It is certainly better to let Saddams government sell the knowledge on how to build and use WMD's to someone that would use them against us. Or YOU. Many of you have a simplistic and highly manipulated view of what is happening here. You subscribe to an Evil America philosophy that is plain wrong. America is the country that has Al Qaeda and similar organizations on the run. There will be more attacks on us in this war. We understand this. Europeans have caved in many cases against terror. Appeasement has not worked. It is time to put an end to this problem. It really is as simple as you are with us or against us. If you harbor terrorists your against us. If you offer material support to terrorists, you are against us. This is a simple concept many of you are having difficulty with. ANY appeasement of the terrorists hurt us all.

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by GD

I'm sure that the people of Iraq appreciate that the country of Belgium couldn't even commit a battalion of troops to help them. No one asked Belgium to commit hundreds of thousands of troops. Just to do your part.

I'm not falling back on a �you hate America� argument. Your comments have made it more than obvious how you feel.

I have an American education and can spell. It must be the school system in Belgium.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by GD]

mabye they dont want to get thier men killed for another countries people.
we dont hate americans we just dont like arogance.
hmm funny how we use diffrent dictionaries hm ever think of that?

I did. He is mispelling common words, then attacking the average American's intelligence. This just shows that he is lashing out with emotion, instead of facts.

As far as not wanting to get involved? If someone had blown up The Royal Palace in Brussels, we would have been there to help.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by GD]

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD
Actually, there are 28 members of the coalition that support it.

yes and how many countries are in the UN?

Countries also sat out WW 1 and WW 2.
My point was, 28 nations is a whole lot more than the 2 nations everyone always mentions.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
GD, what really annoys me when certain Americans become so righteous about the 'War on Terror' is best summed up with one acronym, IRA. We suffered for decades through terrorism and America not only wouldn't fight against it but even actively supported it. Also how come Israel are the darlings of America with all thats happening there? I'm all for doing whats right and just but the stench of hypocrisy wafting over the Atlantic is nauseating.

Incidentally, that phrase you used 'you are either with us or against us' was also used by your government to try and bully Singapore into buying the F-16 when the choice was between it, the Rafale and the Typhoon. So much for allies huh?

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
GD, what really annoys me when certain Americans become so righteous about the 'War on Terror' is best summed up with one acronym, IRA. We suffered for decades through terrorism and America not only wouldn't fight against it but even actively supported it. Also how come Israel are the darlings of America with all thats happening there? I'm all for doing whats right and just but the stench of hypocrisy wafting over the Atlantic is nauseating.

Incidentally, that phrase you used 'you are either with us or against us' was also used by your government to try and bully Singapore into buying the F-16 when the choice was between it, the Rafale and the Typhoon. So much for allies huh?

I don't get that myself. You have my apologies. We should have helped. If we had, perhaps Terrorism wouldn't be acceted as a way to forc change on a another nations policies.

Do you have a link for that f-16 argument? The government wouldn�t normally be involved, other than approving the technology transfer. As far as what Lockheed Martin Corp. said, I can't speak for that.

There is a real anti-American sentiment here, and that's why some of us rally round the flag. We are already at war with our enemies. It annoys me when the nations we protected during the cold war turn their back on us.

Oh, and for NYC- If this country is so bad you are more than welcome to find somewhere else to live.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD

I did. He is mispelling common words, then attacking the average American's intelligence. This just shows that he is lashing out with emotion, instead of facts.

As far as not wanting to get involved? If someone had blown up The Royal Palace in Brussels, we would have been there to help.

you cant say that, also iraq didnt blow up any US buildings alquida did which is based in afgahnistan not iraq

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't think its a general anti Americanism that you see on here. There is a phrase we use round these parts, its "coming the big 'I AM". That describes when someone starts telling everyone else how great they are, ie you would reply "Don't come the big 'I am' with me sonny!" and I think thats the sort of reaction you are seeing, albeit in a very much more elaborate fashion. Just look at the thread title, if anything is going to provoke a response, that alone would do it. Its a perfectly natural response and maybe how you (or me) would react if it was a thread telling everyone how super Russia or China are. Of course you are proud of your nation, you are entitled to be, but the more an American, any not just you, tells us how marvellous they are and how we should be so greatful for evermore then the more vitriolic the response it will generate. C'est la vie.

As for a link to the Singapore/F-16 info. I will try to find one but I get my information from many sources, so I don't even know if its available on the net anywhere, though it was reported in Air International and Flight magazines.

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD

you cant say that, also iraq didnt blow up any US buildings alquida did which is based in afgahnistan not iraq

Actually, I did say it, and I stick by it. Iraq is a front on the Global War on Terrorism. You just don't recognize that simple fact.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD

Actually, I did say it, and I stick by it. Iraq is a front on the Global War on Terrorism. You just don't recognize that simple fact.

how do you know what the US policy is going to be?
also this global war on terrorism is just been brought to light. the US and UK and most of the western world has been fighting terrorists for the last 30 or 20 years . now afghanistan that was justified, but iraq was only there for WMD's and humane crimes. iraq wasnt the only front for terrorists hell most eastern and western countries have terrorists in it, one country is iran they have terrorists. also the balklands has many terorists. i dont see or know of any terrorist cells in iraq. all i see are insugents fighting coalition forces in their country not at home.

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Al Qaeda has issued statements admitting they are in Iraq. The war is also being fought by other methods. Did everyone already forget that Qaddafi gave up his programs? We (the United States) are training indigenous anti terrorist forces in the Balkans and many other places.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
im to lazy to use the "quote buttons" cuz my 'nets going slow so bear with me : devil wasp what the hell r u talking about:

""actually you know nothing about that. hell the germans did do an advance and couldnt take it they didnt have the troops hell your troops didnt get thier untill 1918 ! your forces done feck all in that war. all you did was give supplies thats all! ""

thats the most bs ive ever read, heres the truth: ""When America entered the Great War in April 1917, it had a small constabulary Army with no experience in industrial age warfare. It was spread from the east coast across the nation and the Pacific to the Philippines. Nineteen months later the United States had a 2 million man force concentrated in France. Flanders and Italy. Towards the war's end the American Expeditionary Force or AEF, as it came to be known, was occupying more of the Western Front than Britain and all her Commonwealth Nations combined, lending combat divisions to all the allies and leading offensive operations against the best defended sector still occupied by the Germans. The AEF could claim when the Armistice came to have never failed on the defensive to turn back the enemy nor failed on the attack to achieve its aims.""

""Without General Pershing's forces on the Western Front, Germany would have won the World War! By New Year's Day 1918, the British Army had been bled before Passchendaele, the French Army had suffered both defeat and mutiny from the Nivelle Offensive and Russia, then under Lenin, had withdrawn from the war. With its victory on the Eastern Front, the German Army had available over a million additional men to transfer to the West.

The key to Allied victory was Morale. It was the intense and undiminished morale of the US military combined with a staunch domestic backing which convinced the German they could no longer continue. When their morale collapsed on all fronts they sued for peace. The AEF with its operations broke the German morale.""

""As Winston Churchill pointed out, with their reinforcements from the East they could have sat on their occupied sections of France and Flanders and dared the Entente to attack. Would Petain have ordered his enervated Poilus back on the offensive? Would Lloyd George have provided Douglas Haig the manpower to attempt a new variation on his 1917 campaign in the Ypres Salient? Without the presence of the AEF to provide the decisive margin it would have been most unlikely.""
AHEM...
worldwarI.com i believe...

""what?
no u r an idiot. hell the combined might of french and british forces would of atleast held off russia. hell we aint defenselss ,we ruled the sky's!"" pertaining to ww2, now look, so u ruled the skys, u would have never reached germany- and what french forces are u talking about? the small amunt of french freedom fighters? who do u mean? the british army could NOT have made it to Berlin on its own, they werent even able to land in France on their own, im sorry but thats the truth....

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
GRR the color didint wrk again! oh well., im not gunna edit it, cuz i know what kinda problems that causes wen i edit my posts

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

acutally i think they do hate you.
when you see your families and friends being killed by american bombs and soldeirs ,some by acident and some on purpose, you would hate them.

the only ones that hate us, are the supporters to Saddam, the ones that are constantly using guerrilla like tactics- the others mite be mad about destruction- but i guarentee u they are happy to be rid of saddam and have freedom, also some 1 posted somting about palestinians or saudis not having freedom- well im not an expert on saudi or pakistan or what ever nations, governemt- but saddam as a horrible dictator who tortured and ruled horrbily and he was a threat and had to go..believe what u want, but i think the iraqis deserved a chance for freedom

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD
Al Qaeda has issued statements admitting they are in Iraq. The war is also being fought by other methods. Did everyone already forget that Qaddafi gave up his programs? We (the United States) are training indigenous anti terrorist forces in the Balkans and many other places.

yes and? like i didnt know you were training anti terror forces,we're training them as well or did you forget we do something around here. like i said its been going on for at least 30 years. yeah said he gave them up does that mean that he has given up his black projects?
yeah and where are these statements? never seen them on the news. or on atsnn. oh well must be one of these need to know things huh.

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD

yes and? like i didnt know you were training anti terror forces,we're training them as well or did you forget we do something around here. like i said its been going on for at least 30 years. yeah said he gave them up does that mean that he has given up his black projects?
yeah and where are these statements? never seen them on the news. or on atsnn. oh well must be one of these need to know things huh.

AL Qaida in Iraq
www.cnn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.techcentralstation.com...

Qadaffi has opened hgis facilites to inspection. We will see what he has done. At any point it's more than anyone else has made him do.

No one has said that the UK is not helping.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Then of course, there are tons of reports like this one, which debunk the alleged link.

About Zarqawi getting surgery in Iraq -- top Chechen rebels routinely get treatment in Germany. To give you just one name, Salman Raduev. The idea of the Russian AF flying a raid on Berlin in that regard is just as ridiculous as USAF bombing Bagdhad. The only difference is that the latter did happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD

Qadaffi has opened hgis facilites to inspection. We will see what he has done. At any point it's more than anyone else has made him do.

yes and how many bases does he have?
how many bases like area 51 who i doubt would let the UN in.

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD

yes and how many bases does he have?
how many bases like area 51 who i doubt would let the UN in.

That�s the problem with people like you. You can't call a victory a victory.

Let's see, a diplomatic solution is invalid, as is a military solution. What's left? Roll over and die? I'm not going to do that and I will not teach my children to accept it either. Sometimes you have to step up and do what's right, even when it's difficult. You obviously can't grasp this. Go ahead. Give up.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join