It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Dominance on the World Stage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
Why does all focus fall on France, when in both wars Belgium and other countries fell quicker.

Because American TV and culture tells them that France rolled over in a day. Half the country thinks that belgium is a waffel.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
harrier jump jet ,made by BA and boing under licence, first VSTOL jet made.

Like the simpsons episode at the air fair: "And now we come to the pride of the air force, the british-made harrier!"

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD
Additionally, this war was waged in accordance with numerous UN Resolutions

No it wasn't

Weapons of Masss Destruction were found, as was evidence that they were buried in Syria.

Care to post a link? Actually send it to the White House as well, because I think they are still at loss about this issue.

Had Saddam resigned, there would have been no sanctions.

"Had you surrendered your car keys, there'd be no need to blow your brains out during that carjacking incident"

Had the money Iraq had rasied gone where it was supposed to (as opposed to the French weapons salesman and Geman contractors) then everyone would have had what they needed.

Apart from Saddam's bunker built by the Germans, there was no advanced weapons in Iraq, and you know this full well.

In either case it was not the fault of the United States.

Why of course not. Nothing is ever their fault

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask

Why does all focus fall on France, when in both wars Belgium and other countries fell quicker.

Because American TV and culture tells them that France rolled over in a day. Half the country thinks that belgium is a waffel.

Heck, up to a few years ago half of the US thought belgium was a subburb of the City of Brussels.

Belgium at current is a country with 10 Million people, 8.2 in the 1940's. A country thats 550km wide and 250km high.

We stood our ground against the germans as long as we could.

You know that in WW1 there were over 15 million casualties, in WW2 there were between 55 and 70 million casualties(studies differ that greatly). You see a country like belgium with its 8.2 million people being able to make much of a difference in history against that??

You also know that Russia(in the 70 Million studies) lost up to 20 million people(10 million military) and China up to 10 Million(2.05 million Military), while the US deathtoll was a mere 400k because they could limit their deathtoll to military personel?

GD

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by GD
Additionally, this war was waged in accordance with numerous UN Resolutions

No it wasn't

Weapons of Masss Destruction were found, as was evidence that they were buried in Syria.

www.foxnews.com...
www.insightmag.com...
www.worldnetdaily.com...
www.foxnews.com...

Care to post a link? Actually send it to the White House as well, because I think they are still at loss about this issue.

Had Saddam resigned, there would have been no sanctions.

"Had you surrendered your car keys, there'd be no need to blow your brains out during that carjacking incident"

Unfortunatly 25 million people are not liberated for each carjcaking. Oh, and your statement is more evidence that when liberals are confronted, they resort to snide remarks and insults. That is the last recourse for the ignorant and close-minded.

Had the money Iraq had rasied gone where it was supposed to (as opposed to the French weapons salesman and Geman contractors) then everyone would have had what they needed.

Apart from Saddam's bunker built by the Germans, there was no advanced weapons in Iraq, and you know this full well.

The country side was littered with French Connections

www.stratfor.com...

In either case it was not the fault of the United States.

Why of course not. Nothing is ever their fault

Again, no facts, just snide remarks...

GD

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Whereas Congress in the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution (Public Law 102-1) has authorized the President "to use United States Armed Forces pursuant to United Nations Security Council Resolution 678 (1990) in order to achieve implementation of Security Council Resolutions 660, 661, 662, 664, 665, 666, 667, 669, 670, 674, and 677";

And

Whereas United Nations Security Council Resolution 678 authorizes the use of all
Necessary means to enforce United Nations Security Council Resolution 660 and
subsequent relevant resolutions and to compel Iraq to cease certain activities that threaten
international peace and security, including the development of weapons of mass
destruction and refusal or obstruction of United Nations weapons inspections in violation
of United Nations Security Council Resolution 687, repression of its civilian population
in violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 688, and threatening its
neighbors or United Nations operations in Iraq in violation of United Nations Security
Council Resolution 949;

I forgot to post these a minute ago. 678 and 949 authorized the use of force. Again, this was a just and "legal" war.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by GD]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD
Whereas Congress in the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution (Public Law 102-1) has authorized the President "to use United States Armed Forces pursuant to United Nations Security Council Resolution 678 (1990) in order to achieve implementation of Security Council Resolutions 660, 661, 662, 664, 665, 666, 667, 669, 670, 674, and 677";

And

Whereas United Nations Security Council Resolution 678 authorizes the use of all
Necessary means to enforce United Nations Security Council Resolution 660 and
subsequent relevant resolutions and to compel Iraq to cease certain activities that threaten
international peace and security, including the development of weapons of mass
destruction and refusal or obstruction of United Nations weapons inspections in violation
of United Nations Security Council Resolution 687, repression of its civilian population
in violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 688, and threatening its
neighbors or United Nations operations in Iraq in violation of United Nations Security
Council Resolution 949;

I forgot to post these a minute ago. 678 and 949 authorized the use of force. Again, this was a just and "legal" war.

well listed legal facts but your missing one thing.
there are no WMD,no chem weapons,no alquiada camps or anthing like that in iraq.
although the fact remains that sudamm was a mass killer now that is one piece of evidence that justifies the war, all this for one man huh.
tha qyestion is ,why is the UN not doing its job and going in and stopping sadamm? because it has no support. no one will support that kind of a thing and it would get veto'd.

GD

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Actually, there are 28 members of the coalition that support it.

GD

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Originally posted by Wask

Heck, up to a few years ago half of the US thought belgium was a subburb of the City of Brussels.

Belgium at current is a country with 10 Million people, 8.2 in the 1940's. A country thats 550km wide and 250km high.

We stood our ground against the germans as long as we could.

You know that in WW1 there were over 15 million casualties, in WW2 there were between 55 and 70 million casualties(studies differ that greatly). You see a country like belgium with its 8.2 million people being able to make much of a difference in history against that??

You also know that Russia(in the 70 Million studies) lost up to 20 million people(10 million military) and China up to 10 Million(2.05 million Military), while the US deathtoll was a mere 400k because they could limit their deathtoll to military personel?

Great more stupid American Jokes. First you threaten me (and as a former United States Marine, I find your threat laughable.) Now you continuously insult Americans. Typical
Oh, and if you are going to insinuate that Americans are stupid, at least learn to spell suburb.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD

Great more stupid American Jokes. First you threaten me (and as a former United States Marine, I find your threat laughable.) Now you continuously insult Americans. Typical
Oh, and if you are going to insinuate that Americans are stupid, at least learn to spell suburb.

Its not a joke. And please stop reverting to using the same old "you hate americans" argument and definatly quit using the spelling one.

I am 1 person that happens to have gone trough both Belgian and American education. I know where it comes from that most americans have litle to no knowledge of geography and history, no mater if its their own or that of the world. If I hadn't been able to enjoy extra education in belgium during the time I was here when I was younger I would have had the same problem propably.

Then about spelling, I don't know, maybe I make spelling errors because I learned english in the US. Or maybe I make spelling errors in english because I also happen to know nearly every other European language and make errors in those too. Being dislectic doesn't help that either. But hey, at least I can talk to alot of different people and have a broad view of the world and not just whatever the media feeds me.

Anyway, seeing you revert to the old hate and spelling arguments I take you've seen that belgium did what it could do seeing its size and the size of the enemy and that the US wasn't the only one fighting and definatly not the mayor fighting force, just looking at the deathtolls per country makes that rather clear. Some country's lost 10x more lives then the US ever sent soldiers.

GD

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD

Its not a joke. And please stop reverting to using the same old "you hate americans" argument and definatly quit using the spelling one.

I am 1 person that happens to have gone trough both Belgian and American education. I know where it comes from that most americans have litle to no knowledge of geography and history, no mater if its their own or that of the world. If I hadn't been able to enjoy extra education in belgium during the time I was here when I was younger I would have had the same problem propably.

Then about spelling, I don't know, maybe I make spelling errors because I learned english in the US. Or maybe I make spelling errors in english because I also happen to know nearly every other European language and make errors in those too. Being dislectic doesn't help that either. But hey, at least I can talk to alot of different people and have a broad view of the world and not just whatever the media feeds me.

Anyway, seeing you revert to the old hate and spelling arguments I take you've seen that belgium did what it could do seeing its size and the size of the enemy and that the US wasn't the only one fighting and definatly not the mayor fighting force, just looking at the deathtolls per country makes that rather clear. Some country's lost 10x more lives then the US ever sent soldiers.

I'm sure that the people of Iraq appreciate that the country of Belgium couldn't even commit a battalion of troops to help them. No one asked Belgium to commit hundreds of thousands of troops. Just to do your part.

I'm not falling back on a �you hate America� argument. Your comments have made it more than obvious how you feel.

I have an American education and can spell. It must be the school system in Belgium.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hehe, and round we go again.
Is there even a use continuing this conversation?

Whenever anyone in this thread gives info that rips your arguments to shreds, you jump to something else, and now you just jump back to something you already jumped away from.

Reread the thread in full and you'll see that your last statement was already answered and refuted.

We, the US nor any other country in the world had any obligation to goto Iraq.
The US goverment chose to do so, for fake and falsly supported reasons, so thats their problem.

EDIT: ps, as I already stated before too, eventhough we didn't agree, we still did "our small part" by providing logistics, medical and other support to the US army. Our transport system is already heavily loaded, but when the US transport was done to ship stuff to Iraq and when other equipment came back, it was pure traffic chaos here.

I just noticed your signiature. /me leaves this discussion now, I was right, it is no use to talk to you.
As its no use to try to discuss something with a Muslim extremist, its equaly imposible to try discuss something with a right wing religious fanatic.
I wish I saw that sooner, so I wouldn't have wasted all this time in this thread defending myself, belgium and the people of the US.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by thematrix]

GD

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Hehe, and round we go again.
Is there even a use continuing this conversation?

Whenever anyone in this thread gives info that rips your arguments to shreds, you jump to something else, and now you just jump back to something you already jumped away from.

Reread the thread in full and you'll see that your last statement was already answered and refuted.

We, the US nor any other country in the world had any obligation to goto Iraq.
The US goverment chose to do so, for fake and falsly supported reasons, so thats their problem.

EDIT: ps, as I already stated before too, eventhough we didn't agree, we still did "our small part" by providing logistics, medical and other support to the US army. Our transport system is already heavily loaded, but when the US transport was done to ship stuff to Iraq and when other equipment came back, it was pure traffic chaos here.

I just noticed your signiature. /me leaves this discussion now, I was right, it is no use to talk to you.
As its no use to try to discuss something with a Muslim extremist, its equaly imposible to try discuss something with a right wing religious fanatic.
I wish I saw that sooner, so I wouldn't have wasted all this time in this thread defending myself, belgium and the people of the US.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by thematrix]

Actually every time someones asked for links backing what I had to say, I posted links. I have not jumped back and forth. I looked and could find NOTHING to support your statement that Belgium lent any kind of logistical support. Perhaps you should re-read this topic. I havent changed the topic at all. You've offered NO proof to support your stance.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Lets see what GD posted as 'evidence found' shall we?

www.foxnews.com...

"Blister agent found in buried mortar shells" - care to actually READ any of the links I posted? No? Ok, because IVE ALREADY PROVEN THIS FALSE. The tests carried out were false positives and have never had the positive result again, despite extensive tests done by the US Survey group.

www.insightmag.com...
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Two 'stories' about WMD being shipped around the entire middle east. Neither of these stories show any evidence for this, above 'suspicions'. If you ask me, this is a prelude to setting up more sanctions and more US control in the area.

www.foxnews.com...

Ahh. Now we come to the bulk of the WMD finds - two old artillery shells. Two shells does not a WMD find make. Indeed, the article says point blank that these shells come from the pre1991 era, when we knew he had chemical weapons, but a Senetor is quoted as saying "I doubt if it's the tip of the iceberg"

So you post 50% innuendo and 50% stuff which ive already dealt with in this thread. That does it, I quit this discussion board.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cjwinnit

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
u guys all seem to forget, that it was the USA that saved europe in BOTH world wars, thats right BOTH, france almost got run down but the usa came in, and in ww2, the british couldnt do it alone and needed the USA. now ofcourse they hate the usa.

r.u.s.s.i.a.

Read a history book. America & UK supplyed the soviet union with the arms they used to crush the germens and enslave eastern europe for 50 years.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD
France, Germany, Russia, Spain... That's where I got that idea.

And I said most. Not all. I'll take Belgium of the list as soon as you commit troops to help secure Iraq's freedom.

I have the utmost respect for the Brits and Pol's who stood up for the Iraqi people.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by GD]

You must love Australia .

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
WMDs must be like car keys & sunglass you think you know where they are till you go to find them.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The bull# box has again been open. Close it quickly! we can't stand the smell! enough of this US arrogance, the whole world is annoyed with it! as in any neighbourhood, the big bully is beaten up seriously at the end...

I don't beleive it's a question of whether anyone can challage the USA.

Are you joking? You can't even sustain resistance from unorganized muslims fighting with hand guns. You lost in Vietnam. As soon as you loose a few soldiers, american mothers start crying. And you did not dare fight Yugoslavians on land, because you knew you would get slaughtered.

and most (not all) of the Euopeans won't stand up to defend their freedom

There couldn't be a more ignorant statement than this. Greece standed in the way of Germany in WWII, enough to stall them from advancing towards Russia in the summer. Churchill stated that 'it's not Greeks that fight as heros, it's heros fighting as Greeks'!. Hitler took Greeks from the resistance and paraded them in Berlin, as examples of true heros!

And there are many other European nations that are very brave and would kick your butt ASAP.

I'll take Belgium of the list as soon as you commit troops to help secure Iraq's freedom.

It's amazing that people have believed that the US went there to free Iraqis from Saddam. How much bull# can you believe? why are you so stupid? Dictator Musharaf has nukes, but you call him President and did not bother to free Pakistan. A yes, Pakistan has no oil reserves.

I have the utmost respect for the Brits and Pol's who stood up for the Iraqi people.

I don't know for Pols, but Brits are as much as ignorant sheep as Americans.

These people want to destroy your way of life.

They don't. They want their freedom. You steal their oil, and their land, and they want it back.

You would have done the same.

WMD's were found

...only in your mind.

u guys all seem to forget, that it was the USA that saved europe in BOTH world wars

Thank you very much, but now # off. It may be proven in the future that it would be better if we all spoke German now.

They can't build fourth generation fighters.

They don't need 4th generation fighters. They can easily # your mind. Chinese are dog people...they are so persistent, so secretive, so shadowy, they would stick their guns in your arse before you can say 'USA'. All it took was 19 muslims with paper knifes to destroy America's self-esteem!

you are a id iot, u think i need a history book? what is wrong with u
? jus becuz they are middle eastern they dont deserve freedom? my god u are ignorant, the only ones who dont want the freedom are the brainwashed ones who were too terrified of it, or didint know what it was becuz they lived under dictatorship, u think the cozy americans and europeans are the only ones who deserve it? if it wasnt for us americans, your free europe wouldnt exist, so why shouldnt the innocent people in the mid east, deserve that same freedom-why dont U read some history..

What hypocrisy! I am asking you: are Palestinians free? are Saudi arabians free? are pakistanis free? why don't you free them?

Recently G W Bush gave his persmission to Sharon to build his wall, to slaughter even more palestinians! palestinians thank you very much for your support to freedom and justice!

It's ignorant people like you that give US a bad name (that does not really deserve).

You are a provocator. Do you work for the federal goverment?

They are just saying stuff you try and get you mad, deep down, who is the best? USA ALL THE WAY. Simple as that

Best in what? you haven't told us. I bet you don't know your way of life is based on Europe, Asia, Africa and Native American Indians derived habbits.

It's this arrogance that will lead to WWIII.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say people like GD are itching for a big war, something on the scale of the Iran-Iraq War.

Try winning something like that with that kind of an attitude, GD.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

I don't know for Pols, but Brits are as much as ignorant sheep as Americans.

huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join