American Dominance on the World Stage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
yeah the Russians were going to win against the Nazi's anyway but a kudos goes to the US for all the nice supplies the sent
. Russia did most of the fighting in WWII and they paid the heaviest price.

The US saved my country in WWII and I don't forget that. I do not question America's ability to fight a war against a power I question the American's belief that they could so easily win a war against another power.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD
See, that's the problem. We did need your help to fight this war against terror. You choses to ignore us. That's fine. We'll do it without you. WMD's were found. A chemical weapon was deployed against a platoon of Marines. It's good press to hate America, and you all follow along like sheep. You don't understand that this is a threat against your freedom, as well as mine. If these terrorists were to bring down the US, where will they from there. Europe. You have a huge Muslim population. It would be far easier. And, if 911 had happened against Belgium, you could bet your ass that we would have went to war to defend you. Our goverment and our President understand that this is a war of National survival for the USA and all that hold similar values dear. Including Belgium. I hope you don't have to have the same wake up call we did.

BTW, I fought as a US Marine in the Persian Gulf war.

Yeah, it's easier to cut and run than accept the truth...

[edit on 27-8-2004 by GD]

First off, we have let terrorists change our lives (whoever they may be). I refer you to the Patriot Act and all subsequent legislation within the same realm. Second, not everyone against the war is for Kerry. Third, who are we to push our values on others? And who are we to kill innocent civilians in the name of liberation? Who are we to take the pride of the Iraqis for fighting for their own independence? This is either about terrorism or it isn't. Bush has even owned up to mistakes about the STOCKPILES of WMDs. Now remember, WMD stands for weapon of mass destruction. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to use herbicides as a chemical weapon. Yes, thats we found...herbicides.

Also, if Saddam did have WMDs, why didn't he use them? 'He gave them to terrorists' Well, then, whoever makes such a statement is as guilty of a conspiracy theory as the rest of us who proclaim the war is for oil. Yes, the oil that lets you drive around in your SUV. Could our infrastructure still stand with less oil? Yes, it could, but then oil companies would not be making profit off the gas guzzlers and the consumers.

Is it a coincedence that army bases in Iraq are named after oil companies? Is it a coincedence that Halliburton has been proved to have doubtful accounting practices in their handling of the oil? Is it a coincedence that measurement devices aren't used to keep track of actual oil output?

I ask you this last question, who is actually profiting from the War in Iraq?

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm gona put one final statement in here.

First and foremost, I deny your insults and alogations that I am against america.

I love the american people and the value's these people hold, the American people are who america is, not the war mongring money and subsequently the goverment that is controlled by those with money.
I HATE the way the american goverment is giving the american people a bad name and I HATE the way the american goverment is trying to impose its will on everyone else in the world.
I love all the family and friends I have in the US and as the rest of the world was massivly shocked for what happend on 9/11, no matter if it was done purely by Al-Queda or the US goverment had something to do with it, it was a monstrous act against the US people.

Now on to the matter of Iraq.

The countries that you declare incapable of fighting for their freedom are the very country's that FOUGHT FOR THEIR FREEDOM and SOVEREIGNTY, by saying NO to the United States Goverment.

Countries like Spain, who's goverment went ahead in joining the US, AGAINST ITS PEOPLES WILL, found out the hard way what happens when in a democracy, the goverment doesn't do what the people in power, THE CITIZENS, say.

Hopefully sooner then later, the US Goverment will feel the wrath of its people and get pulled back in order.

The citizens told their goverment to get the hell out for not listening to them in the first place and bringing attacks like madrid on their soil.

Country's like belgium and others around the world at current still fight for their freedom by not giving in to the US and enduring attacks on their economy, sence of duty and patriotisme and attacks on their caracter.

We disagreed and didn't get fooled by the fake reasons the US was putting forward for going to Iraq (reason that by now have changed 3 or 4 times because the US keeps getting caught on lies and deciet).
We didn't let the US goverment tell us what to do. We resisted the US tirany and denied them to have control over our decision making and denied them the ability to tell us what to do.

We fought fight and will always fight for our freedom and the freedom of the US citizens, we will not stand to let the US goverment bully and tiranize the world into submission, we will not give in, we will prevail.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
the J-10 is considered fourth generation albeit not a very good one. Also I believe they can do licenced production of the Sukhoi's at Chengdu.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
u guys all seem to forget, that it was the USA that saved europe in BOTH world wars, thats right BOTH, france almost got run down but the usa came in, and in ww2, the british couldnt do it alone and needed the USA. now ofcourse they hate the usa. everyone always hates the most powerful. its the way it is, but why do u always bring up Nam, one mistake, the only war we ever lost-revolutionary-civil-ww1,ww2, mexican/spanish, (wrong order i kno), coldwar, korean, gulf war, now this iraq war. now, out of 10 wars, we lost one , which was a mistake to begin anyway. the only real threat to the usa now, is north korea, who is threatende to use nukes-which would mean retaliation and an end to half the world- (radiation). China althought i boasts the largest army, is not agressive now, and dont have the logisitics to bring it to threaten the usa, and remeber, more men, means more targets for our missiles...not all americans are ignorant and think we can take the world- but we (the intelligent ones) dont appreciate it wen people keep bashing the usa as a weakling who cant handle a war against another power, (and always refer to vietnam).

JUST WHO THE F**KING HELL TO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!
you came in to save your selfs. nothing else and also check your books you came in because your sailors were getting killed and also in WW1 yes we were getting food cut off but we were no where near as bad as germany. in ww2 sure we couldnt win against them we'll give u that BUT you came in because in a couple of yearrs you would of had german jerts bombing you. DONT YOU DARE FOGET THAT!.
also we britains dont hate america we just hate AROGANT AMERICANS THAT BOAST ABOUT BEING THIS AND THAT!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   

you are a fuc king id iot, u think i need a history book? what is wrong with u
? jus becuz they are middle eastern they dont deserve freedom? my god u are ignorant, the only ones who dont want the freedom are the brainwashed ones who were too terrified of it, or didint know what it was becuz they lived under dictatorship, u think the cozy americans and europeans are the only ones who deserve it? if it wasnt for us americans, your free europe wouldnt exist, so why shouldnt the innocent people in the mid east, deserve that same freedom-why dont U read some history..

nethier would your free america.
france would rule it if britain didnt fight for it. germany would rule it if the europeans didnt fight hard and long.
no they just dont know what freedom is and also they've seen what the price of freedom is, several thousand of thier sons and brothers and fathers dead. thier oil reserves not in their control. thier country under marshall law. their country plagued by insurgent fighteres. all for the price of freedom i aint saying we should of gone in but can u blame them from aposing us when have to kill thousands of thier family and friends.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD
Russia had to fight. We came in the name of freedom, and friendship.

wha?
get a history book.
germnay declared war on you first.
also in ww1 you came in because of your sailors getting killed no other reason.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
hehe agreed about the arrogant american part. The US only gets involved in war s because of its own self interest as any other nation would do (minus a few exceptions). WWI was all about the Lusitania sinking, German unrestricted U-boat use and the Zimmerman telegram where the German foreign minister sent a telegram to Mexico asking it to fight the US!.

WWII the US got involved due to Pearl Harbour, Germany declaring war on the US and the threat of Fascism which could of possibly affected the US's way of life if it won in Europe.

And you complained about Vietnam being the US's only mistake? did you know we nearly lost the Korean War thanks to the Chinese and Macarthur's arrogance? Vietnam is an example to the US when what happens if you try to be the worlds policeman and the situation in Iraq is similar to what it was like in South Vietnam however I still have hope that democracy and peace can be achieved.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ive said this before and i will say it again. Does anybody really think that China,Russia,North korea,Iran,Syria and all other less technologically advanced nations are going to spend trillions of dollars developing their own tech when they can obtain it by espionage and other unscrupulous means? The simple fact is that there are corrupt people in every corner of the world who would gladly sell anything for a few million, just look how fast the ruskies got nuclear weapons after the US.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo3
Ive said this before and i will say it again. Does anybody really think that China,Russia,North korea,Iran,Syria and all other less technologically advanced nations are going to spend trillions of dollars developing their own tech when they can obtain it by espionage and other unscrupulous means? The simple fact is that there are corrupt people in every corner of the world who would gladly sell anything for a few million, just look how fast the ruskies got nuclear weapons after the US.

yes and look how fast the americans got rockets after the germans.....

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Ive said this before and i will say it again. Does anybody really think that China,Russia,North korea,Iran,Syria and all other less technologically advanced nations are going to spend trillions of dollars developing their own tech when they can obtain it by espionage and other unscrupulous means?

- Everybody tries to spy on everybody else. So what's new?

How effective this is is quite another matter. "They can't 'just' obtain 'it' by espionage. It is nothing like that simple.

A little thought would also tell you that any nation relying on others to do the research for them is always going to be several steps behind. Rarely has this means been the whole story never mind half as effective as some would have us believe.

The simple fact is that there are corrupt people in every corner of the world who would gladly sell anything for a few million, just look how fast the ruskies got nuclear weapons after the US.

- Why do you think Russia had no clue about atomic fission except through the help of spies?

That is so ignorant and plain wrong.

It is known that spies passed information to the USSR but to explain the Soviet bomb as some kind of stolen US property is plain stupid and so far of the mark as to be absurd.

No nation owns physics (or any branch of science) nor has a monopoly on intellect.

Wise up.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

yes and look how fast the americans got rockets after the germans.....

And the fact that the Manhatten project was largely based on UK research and development, which the US government had had moved to the US under the pretence of 'security' but never kept up their end of the bargain to share the results of the research with the UK. The US took the hard work and ran with it all the way to the end zone.

Seriously, this thread is pretty much a huge troll attempt. If China was to invest in its military anywhere near the same amount that the US does (in 1997 the US expended $281billion, while China expended $37billion) then they could easily produce the same sorts of results that the US gets. Its simple maths, the more money gets you results, as in this day and age its a case of throw more money at it until it works.

An F-22 is budgeted to cost around $90million per plane, thats a huge cost per plane and is a basic example of 'you get what you pay for'.

There is no 40 year gap, if China wanted to go head to head with the US on technology, it could do it easily, and come up with a comparable aircraft in 10 years (the same amount of time the Raptor has been in development), maybe even less.

The US is running scared, and it doesnt even know what its scared of. Expect to see a lot more aggression from the US (and the UK if Blair wins the next election, god forbid) in the coming years.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Ive said this before and i will say it again. Does anybody really think that China,Russia,North korea,Iran,Syria and all other less technologically advanced nations are going to spend trillions of dollars developing their own tech when they can obtain it by espionage and other unscrupulous means?

- Everybody tries to spy on everybody else. So what's new?

How effective this is is quite another matter. "They can't 'just' obtain 'it' by espionage. It is nothing like that simple.

A little thought would also tell you that any nation relying on others to do the research for them is always going to be several steps behind. Rarely has this means been the whole story never mind half as effective as some would have us believe.

The simple fact is that there are corrupt people in every corner of the world who would gladly sell anything for a few million, just look how fast the ruskies got nuclear weapons after the US.

- Why do you think Russia had no clue about atomic fission except through the help of spies?

That is so ignorant and plain wrong.

It is known that spies passed information to the USSR but to explain the Soviet bomb as some kind of stolen US property is plain stupid and so far of the mark as to be absurd.

No nation owns physics (or any branch of science) nor has a monopoly on intellect.

Wise up.

Here is just one example of US research being stolen:

edition.cnn.com...

and there are undoubtedly many other cases we never even here about,who knows how many times foreign powers have hacked into your computer systems to steal sensitive information that would otherwise cost billions to replicate from scratch.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

? jus becuz they are middle eastern they dont deserve freedom? my god u are ignorant, the only ones who dont want the freedom are the brainwashed ones who were too terrified of it, or didint know what it was becuz they lived under dictatorship, u think the cozy americans and europeans are the only ones who deserve it? if it wasnt for us americans, your free europe wouldnt exist, so why shouldnt the innocent people in the mid east, deserve that same freedom-why dont U read some history..

Islam is a way of life. Muslims don't care about the leadership as law is religion and vice versa. Every muslim country does not need a constitution, as it is following the Quran. So any "democratic constitution" is unconstitutional for muslims. I suggest you study some books or visit some muslim countries. Muslims have very simple lives and they are happy because their god teaches them to be happy with what they have.
They also pray a lot, and this gives them peace.
The ATS administrator should ban you from this forum.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD
People said the same thing about Japan after WW 2. That turned into a pretty successful democracy. Societies have to learn democracy. Some folks get it a little quicker, but they all go through growing pains.

I challange you to give me evidence that any American soldiers are raping children in Iraq. In making that statement, I would ask you with what unit you served, where you served (in the Middle east) and what was your MOS?

I know and work with many muslims. I have fought beside them. I have fought to defend them. They DO have the same values as we do. That was a statement of overt prejudice.

Just google: american soldiers raping children
What a shame man!!! I am pissed off.

Iraq's Child Prisoners (what a #ING shame!!!!)

Kids sodomized at Abu Ghraib, Pentagon has the videos

Rumors of rape fan anti-American flames

and hundreds more...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Oh, BTW, I am not a muslim.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

u guys all seem to forget, that it was the USA that saved europe in BOTH world wars, thats right BOTH, france almost got run down but the usa came in, and in ww2, the british couldnt do it alone and needed the USA. now ofcourse they hate the usa. everyone always hates the most powerful.

You arrogent little .....

Without Europe, the US would have lost WW2, we needed each other plain and simple. It was Europe that got bombed by the Nazis not America, it was main land Europe that was occupyed by the Nazis not America.

American came in to save the day did it, I think you've been watching far too many Hollywood war films.
Grow up and realise that America didn't win WW1 and WW2, it was on the winning side. Without each other (America and Europe) we would have both lost. Germany would have built longer range rockets and bombers and destroyed American cities. And are you going to tell me America could have fought both Nazi-Germany and Japan... I think not!!!!!

[edit on 29-8-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster

Islam is a way of life. Muslims don't care about the leadership as law is religion and vice versa. Every muslim country does not need a constitution, as it is following the Quran. So any "democratic constitution" is unconstitutional for muslims. I suggest you study some books or visit some muslim countries. Muslims have very simple lives and they are happy because their god teaches them to be happy with what they have.
They also pray a lot, and this gives them peace. The ATS administrator should ban you from this forum.

look i hate to use personal atks, but u rele are stupid, those iraqis ARE NOT LIVING THE IDEAL DAM N MUSLIM LIFE! they were being tortured and brutalized and had no rights whatsoever! WHO ARE YOU TO SAY WHAT THE IRAQIS WANTED! THEY DIDINT KNOW HOW WONDERFULL THE FREEDOMS WE ENJOY ARE! MAYBE IF THEY GOT A CHANCE TO TASTE IT, THEY COULD DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES WHILE THEY ARENT UNDER A DICTATOR! OPEN YOUR EYES!

[edit on 29-8-2004 by imAMERICAN]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

look i hate to use personal atks, but u rele are stupid, those iraqis ARE NOT LIVING THE IDEAL DAM N MUSLIM LIFE! they were being tortured and brutalized and had no rights whatsoever! WHO ARE YOU TO SAY WHAT THE IRAQIS WANTED! THEY DIDINT KNOW HOW WONDERFULL THE FREEDOMS WE ENJOY ARE! MAYBE IF THEY GOT A CHANCE TO TASTE IT, THEY COULD DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES WHILE THEY ARENT UNDER A DICTATOR! OPEN YOUR EYES!
The ATS administrator should ban you from this forum.

ImAMERICAN I think you should grow up, what are you 10! You refuse to listen to other peoples ideas and opinions

WHO ARE YOU TO SAY WHAT THE IRAQIS WANTED!

I'd like to put that question to you as well, Who are you to say what the iraqis wanted!

I noticed you edited you post, think before you type

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

u guys all seem to forget, that it was the USA that saved europe in BOTH world wars, thats right BOTH, france almost got run down but the usa came in, and in ww2, the british couldnt do it alone and needed the USA. now ofcourse they hate the usa. everyone always hates the most powerful.

You arrogent little .....

Without Europe, the US would have lost WW2, we needed each other plain and simple. It was Europe that got bombed by the Nazis not America, it was main land Europe that was occupyed by the Nazis not America.

American came in to save the day did it, I think you've been watching far too many Hollywood war films.
Grow up and realise that America didn't win WW1 and WW2, it was on the winning side. Without each other (America and Europe) we would have both lost. Germany would have built longer range rockets and bombers and destroyed American cities. And are you going to tell me America could have fought both Nazi-Germany and Japan... I think not!!!!!

..if there was no Europe-there wouldnt have been a ww2, what kind of statement was that? ""Grow up and realise that America didn't win WW1 and WW2, it was on the winning side. Without each other (America and Europe) we would have both lost."" Why dont YOU grow up and realize that in ww1, the russians pulled out and the entire weight of Germany was on France, France was going to fall if the Americans didint come and fill in the ranks to push back ther germans, and in ww2, the british (no offense to british cuz they our homies) couldnt push through into germ (AFTER THE USA LED LIBERATION OF FRANCE [not that it was all americans, it was majority but besides my point]) i watched that on a documentary about ww2. AND need i remind YOU, if the americans didint liberate up to the Rhine river (i believe it was the Rhine in germ im not sure exactly) the russians woulda pounded not to berlin-but all the way to western france and Europe woulda been in the state that Eastern Europe was for 40 or so years: COMMUNISM

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join