It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arguments to make bible bashers leave me alone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

Do what I do, tell em to farq off.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A friend's daughter asked him a question the other night, and it's kinda funny. Ask it those folks all doe-eyed and sincere. At least you'll get a laugh outta playing with em.

"Can God make a burrito so hot He can't eat it?"

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well... my responses often vary from one end of the spectrum to the next.. I'll give you two of my polite ones.
I can be diplomatic with the concept of... They say their God is always testing us, especially when 'bad' things happen, so when they approach you its similar to someone trying to help you cheat on your test papers. Tell em its your test and you don't want to cheat, esp if their answers are incomplete or in fact, entirely incorrect. The value in the lessons are to learn them rather than be given the answers by someone else.

Then there is that line in the bible (Luke 15:7) that explains its a good thing to take your time with your repentance.
Take your pick as to which version to use.... and tell em you're looking forward to the party of Joy n' Happiness for you. Looks like it could be an anti climax for them when they get there, if their converting ways means so much to their ego.

New International Version (©1984) I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. New Living Translation (©2007) In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away! English Standard Version (©2001) Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. New American Standard Bible (©1995) "I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. International Standard Version (©2008) In the same way, I tell you that there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who don't need to repent." Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010) “I say to you that there shall be joy like this in Heaven over one sinner who returns home, more than over ninety nine righteous ones who do not need a homecoming.” GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995) I can guarantee that there will be more happiness in heaven over one person who turns to God and changes the way he thinks and acts than over 99 people who already have turned to God and have his approval." King James 2000 Bible (©2003) I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repents, more than over ninety and nine just persons, who need no repentance. American King James Version I say to you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repents, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. American Standard Version I say unto you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine righteous persons, who need no repentance. Bible in Basic English I say to you that even so there will be more joy in heaven when one sinner is turned away from his wrongdoing, than for ninety-nine good men, who have no need of a change of heart. Douay-Rheims Bible I say to you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven upon one sinner that doth penance, more than upon ninety-nine just who need not penance. Darby Bible Translation I say unto you, that thus there shall be joy in heaven for one repenting sinner, more than for ninety and nine righteous who have no need of repentance. English Revised Version I say unto you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine righteous persons, which need no repentance. Webster's Bible Translation I say to you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, who need no repentance. Weymouth New Testament I tell you that in the same way there will be rejoicing in Heaven over one repentant sinner--more rejoicing than over ninety-nine blameless persons who have no need of repentance. World English Bible I tell you that even so there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents, than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance. Young's Literal Translation 'I say to you, that so joy shall be in the heaven over one sinner reforming, rather than over ninety-nine righteous men, who have no need of reformation.

Source

edit on 5-10-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Tell them you're Jewish. That usually works.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
For a real shocker tell them" Glory be to Our Lady, God, Jesus Christ,and the Holly Ghost who was, is and ever shall be.

Source

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

If you have to ask for advice from strangers in regards to debating a zealot you will never stand a chance of coming out on top. In your case I would advise you to "go defensive".
Have some cards printed up saying that your 100% deaf, hand one to the offending person, smile, point to the side of your head and walk away.
Toying with, confounding, perplexing, perturbing and pissing people off effectively and consistently takes the same skills as charming, beguiling, sweet talking and wooing. It is not a skill that is acheived by everyone and can only be successfully used by accomplished pros with natural charm, wit, a gift for gab and the ability to detach yourself emotionally and not become angered or embarassed in a verbal exchange. LIKE ME

If you are comfortable around people, have a slight superior attitude and good observational skills you may eventual hone you aquired talent and one day become a master. If you are not that type of person, don't bother you'll only frustrate yourself, provide someone like me with entertainment and become depressed
HOPE THIS HELPS YA!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Just preach the TRUE GOSPEL back to them...

Yeshua the manifested creator of the universe has already died for ALL of humanity. Your not required to do anything it's all been paid for. Thus the "Good News" of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Followed up with:

And furthermore hell or the concept as we teach it now is not found anywhere in the old testament what so ever, and in the new testament it's referring to the city dump except for one single place in the book of revelations where the final fire of Judgement is like a refiners fire a blacksmith would use to purify precious metals. The final fire of God is what purifies and restores all things. They have it all arsebackards...

And the icing on the cake if they continue on is to simply ask them a question about God.

Ask them if God created the 7 billion people on the planet now and the 30 billion that have perished through the ages did he create all those billions of people having the foreknowledge that the majority of them would burn in hell? And that is a loving God?

These few paragraphs above condense the gospel down to the most simple truth. Thus why Jesus told us to go and preach the "Good News". It wouldn't be good news otherwise would it?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

OP,

I understand what you are saying BUT if you want them to leave you alone you must talk to them nicely. Agree with them and they will stop bugging you. Try to be nice. You will find out being nice and pleasant has an opposite effect on people who want to push you around. They are trying to bully you even if they dont understand this.. If you are nice they will stop the aggresive attitude. Easy. All humans crave power to a degree. They want to steal your power by making you mad. Dont fall for it. Smile and agree with them. It will make you feel alot better than getting mad.

Peace to you.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Just dont talk to them, you wont get harrassed like you say, just stay away from religious things if ya dont believe in them, seriously your looking for trouble eheheh

i dont believe in the god they told me to pray too

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Next time, ask them what makes them believe that Jesus was real

They will reply with something like "he's the son of God who died for our sins"

With which you reply...... Proof it

Pics or it didn't happen!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A little confused here, you want bible bashers to stop preaching?? If you said bible thumpers your heading would have made more sense..... In either case just ignore it and move along, I doubt they are holding guns to your head....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Have a mate who used to invite them in and then use various substances while they were converting him..

I often wonder who was trying to convert who, to be honest, but they left him alone after a few times.

haha..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
A little confused here, you want bible bashers to stop preaching?? If you said bible thumpers your heading would have made more sense..... In either case just ignore it and move along, I doubt they are holding guns to your head....

Now there's a good idea!!

But even a replica I fear would have the law on me.

As for the phrase, it fits where I live, we call them bible bashers because they try to bash their bible into you... verbally obviously.

Hard to ignore the lady with the pram and her old biddy friend at 8:30 am on sunday. saturday. every weekend...

Luckily I must live in a rough suburb, don't see them much these days, too hard to save us here.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The answer to them is "I will never join a religion that tries to convert people on the streets. Please go verbally assault someone else"

I've used it before and most of the time you get a pause during which you can leave.

Although I've been told that I"m going to H****. To which I reply "Bless you"

I like that!

I like theology, and I am a Christian. So, when I have persons knock on my door, I enjoy the discussions, and leave the confrontation in the holster and talk about important things-- if I have the time.

Someone cursing me at a station? I think I might have a phone call with the authorities who allow such things, or maybe just spin on my heels and decide that man cursing me had just volunteered to take my wrath-- a gift from a loving God who knows I must carry a bit more wrath than is my fair share to be bad preacher who is not carrying his own share!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Howdy!

A good spiritual position to consider is that God can make himself known to you without a street preacher, without a book, and without a church. All of those can be helpful if you are looking for God, but none is necessary if God is looking for you.

You might find a way of saying something like that in your own words when feeling harassed.

Frankly, it seems being found by God is far more common than finding God. Maybe a bush will burn for you-- Moses sure was not expecting it. Maybe some ancient king-priest will show up, Abram wasn't expecting that. Maybe some Carpenter will pass by and call your name, the Apostles weren't expecting that. That is how works-- which is bad news for the pushy street preacher business.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
just look straight at the loud bible guy and put both your feet together,extend both arms out to the left and right at shoulder height,keeping your arms out,bend to the left and then bend to the right still keeping your arms out then lean forward then back and then say"look at me,im jesus on a rubber cross"

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is a brilliant thread.

We get people near us in our shopping center that give out free hugs in the name of christ. I bet they don't hug me when I go dressed like a tramp with a smell of a dead person that has been passed through an onion.

Seriously though, I HATE this and it should not be allowed.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
You could explain to them your life is so awesome that if you had a choice between spending an eternity in hell, and continuing whatever it is your doing, you would choose hell every time. Seriously, living to make mass amounts of money, having sex with anything you want, drinking/drugging yourself in a coma, lying, stealing, swearing etc. is so worth it!!! Look at all of those awesome movie and rock stars (they have no regrets). Sure, you probably will never have 1/4 of what they have, but it still beats a clean, honorable living, with all of your sins forgiven, a relationship with the Creator, and an eternity in a place that is indescribable by words.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pixiekaram
G'day,

I live in a town where many of these people frequently stand on hours on end trying to force they're beliefs on people trying to use public transport (trains/buses massive station) and people walking by trying to mind they're own business.

I get that people are allowed to believe in whatever they want, however I do not condone them trying to thrust/hassle people into believing them and converting them people have the right to make their own decisions in their own time.

They frequently hassle me and it is both catholic and christians so what arguments could I make to p**s them off or just to give up entirely? for either side

Thanks in advance

and sorry mods didnt know where to post this.

Edit: Sorry I ment I wanted to mass debate them (pun intented) so their stupid jaws drop and walk away
edit on 5-10-2011 by pixiekaram because: (no reason given)

IF you want them to leave you alone then its simple.
when they ask if you goto church, just say it like you mean it, "yes I do attend church, its the Church of satan. Would you like me to tell you about my glorious god?"
It works EVERY TIME

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Sounds like your lying, just to get attention, stars and flags

But of course if I am wrong go ahead and give me an example of someone trying to convert you ____________ put make believe story here ^
edit on 6-10-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join