It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arguments to make bible bashers leave me alone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

I was gonna say, Just tell them your homosexual, Christians HATE homosexuals !!

Thats mighty christian of them , is it not?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nutzmctaffy

A straight married father of two, who loves Jeeesahs, called...firecrotch?

Hmmm.

OK mate, if that's true, i'm a devout muslim called streaky bacon sandwich lover.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzmctaffy
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Gay people don't bother me one bit ... I would shake hands even hug someone of that orientation...

Would you?!? That's mighty brave! - You have sooooooo gone up in my estimations!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I am just REAL... I refuse to put on a church mask and put myself all high and mighty.. I am the kind of "christian" that the "main church" shuns because I am REAL.. no front here.. you can tell by my posts... god created me this way for a reason.

I fall more times than I would like to admit.. I cuss sometimes.. I have tattoos. and long hair , I am flawed.. no one is perfect... all god ever wanted us to do is try ,,, he knows we will fall sometimes... but we have an ever forgiving god....

Jesus Christ is my Savior... Don't need man made religion.. religion was created by man to keep man in control with fear...

I have a relationship with God...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well said.
I myself do not beleive but i do beleive in a persons right to their own faith.
Yes it is annoying being shouted at when your quietly going about your own buisnes,do they think they are going to scare/shock you into agreement.After all im not an uneducated iok who will take their volume and rudeness as proof they are correct.I usually ask them to read Ezekiel again and just keep walkin.
I like your idea of lending a gental hand when you see a need.After all its nice to be nice.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My Main problem with the church is....

That they are ok shaking hands and talking with people of their congregation..... But they will ignore the person ont he side of the road crying... who really NEEDS god...

I am the kind of believer that lives in the " Gutter" of society and I belong to a church that scoops up all the ones that were shunned... because of how we look , talk ...

I mean I feel the main church LOST an entire generation of youth because they were so high and mighty trying to make it a buisness instead of a faith...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

To be fair, having read your posts.. I think a lot of other Christians on this site could take a leaf out of your book..
You're 'actually' not annoying..

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

Thanks Marvin.. there is actually a ton of believers that feel like I do.... it's just the " christian church" tries hide us all away... we are the generation they kicked out...

I mean logically... our generation is so radically different from even 20 years ago, and our parents generation can't understand it so they shut us out and called us sinners,

when WE truly are the ones who walk with christ.... We don't judge.. we walk the streets just like Jesus... we are humble not prideful, we lend a helping hand to ANYONE regardless of faith... ..

Just to put some things in perspective... I used to go to a " mainstream church" when I was in my teens... I had long hair... I was told by the pastor to cut it if I wanted to come back... and I was like..... hey pastor Did'nt Jesus Have long hair....

point said....

God bless ALL OF YOU

firecrotch out

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Thanks Ozvaldo...

I hope and pray that the " mainstream" church wakes up one day

I keeps it real brotha

Praise god , Phuck the Devil

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixiekaram
G'day,

I live in a town where many of these people frequently stand on hours on end trying to force they're beliefs on people trying to use public transport (trains/buses massive station) and people walking by trying to mind they're own business.

I get that people are allowed to believe in whatever they want, however I do not condone them trying to thrust/hassle people into believing them and converting them people have the right to make their own decisions in their own time.

They frequently hassle me and it is both catholic and christians so what arguments could I make to p**s them off or just to give up entirely? for either side

Thanks in advance

and sorry mods didnt know where to post this

I once had these Jehovah Witness's come to the house...knocking on the door trying to get me to come visit their church.

This is what I (always) did.

I would invite them in and get all cozy and start asking them questions they could not answer. They would get so frustrated with me they would leave.

Asking people of faith questions is a good thing. Both for them and for the non believer. I, myself am a believer, however I do not like pushy sales people. It is rude and inconsiderate imo.

I would ask the JW's why they think they are the only ones going to Heaven and what they thought of their own future in Heaven if they really believe only 144,000 people will enter through the Gates of Heaven. I would ask them why they didn't believe in reincarnation when it clearly states in the Bible there is. I would show them scriptures.

If I had people bombarding me all the time I would probably make a list of questions with my phone number on it just to see how serious they are in trying to convert me.

Just my thoughts....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Some mainstream faiths still share your beliefs firecrotch, but all religions (since they are administered by mankind) are going to be flawed.
Not all organized religion is counter-productive to the faith

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

All I can ever hope for is that one day when I am am at the " gates" of heaven and I look at Jesus and I will say... "Lord I did my very best"...

whether I am wrong or right... I do my very best to show the Love of Jesus...... With Love

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixiekaram
They frequently hassle me and it is both catholic and christians so what arguments could I make to p**s them off or just to give up entirely?

Do you swear? If so, you could tell them to piss off. Or use another similar phrase. If I had to deal with this every day, or even regularly, that's what I would do. You can tell them you worship Satan (say it slowly and in a deep, gravely voice... "I Worship SATAN"!!! ) or you could say that you're a flaming homosexual and offer a hug and kiss.
Or you could ask, "Is it true that Jesus was gay"?

Let me know if you need any more ideas.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Aye am with you.

For the record though JW's don't believe they are going to heaven, only the 144000. The rest live on a paradise earth, forever.

I used to let them in also. They don't want to come in anymore, something I said?

Namaste

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Your welcome.
I know what you mean,i was indoctrinated into the cult of the RC church 42 years ago(my family are RC and paddies)but as i grew up i realised the hypocrasy in the people and the contradictions in the book.
I came to the conclusion that i dont need to beleive to be nice.

Live long,live happy.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i never ignore them when i see em on the streets. i used to revel in my glory when the would approach me downtown and start preaching.

i would actually kinda stand there til one would approach me, then something along of the lines of no i dont believe in jesus.

im a follower of lucifer, and his doctrine.

then their eyes would bulge and if the wanted to talk more i would but fully supporting lucifer

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If they knock my door, I tell them flat out there is no god.

I ask them why babies die or children are raped. They say its a test of faith. I tell them if their god is willing to do that just to test people then I want no part of their religion because their god is evil.

Without fail, they have had no answer and then turn around and walk away.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just logical question for the people who seem to praise Lucifer in this thread
( and yes I know some beliefs are satan and lucifer and diff enitites)

But this Demon's Job is to basically Manage Eternal Suffering

why would you praise that?

and I am not speaking from a " godly" point of view but Logic..

Satan don't give a damn about u , he gets off on your pain

a lil off topic response to the Jehovahs witness beliefs as I have questioned them as well

I always told them... Don't you think by know that the 144,000 would be filled up already... do you think if you do better than someone already in " heaven" that god would jerk them out and put you in their place... What's the point...
-------------------

that being said................

Stay in the Light ... turn your back on the dark

Firecrotch out

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
If they knock my door, I tell them flat out there is no god.

I ask them why babies die or children are raped. They say its a test of faith. I tell them if their god is willing to do that just to test people then I want no part of their religion because their god is evil.

Without fail, they have had no answer and then turn around and walk away.

Sadly we are all deceived and there are many...oh.....6 billion or so theories as to who we are and where we came from and where we are going.

I tend to believe in all the gurus, although I think Jesus is cooler than a fan!!! He was like....the coolest of all cool. I can't really side with the Christians because I believe we have an eternity as a spirit and we inhabit bodies to manifest our spirit and learn. What do I think we learn? How to be closer to God...for this takes eternity.
He is always moving..creating and we just so happen to be a creation close to him as a parent/child. In all of our energy forms we do have a choice. The only free will we have is the free will to move/act upon. Energies that we are have to constantly move. When we are asleep we are in between.....perhaps within the sense of the mind that sustains death....the spirit, if you will.

God is Love.

We are trying to be closer to God/Love.

What is Love?

It in my opinion is a sense of caring without condition. It is always putting yourself .....outside yourself..... This is God.

My step son died of Leukemia. It was a slow 5 year death and cancer ended up eating him up. It, when thought of is a nightmare. Did God test us? Did he do this or did he do that? Ya know....MAYBE it is WE (ME in this instance) that chose to go through this experience per my level of love inhabited by the spirit that inhabits this body on this low level plane we call Earth. Remember Jesus says there are many mansion. I take it as many worlds..many dimensions. Maybe Joshua losing his life was made happen by him as well because he did not need many years on this low level plane of experience. I believe we evolve as spirits....

Unfortunately we have a lot of trials and tribulations we endure on Earth. IMO this is where the non loving thoughts/energy resides. In our infancy ...as we grow...our next level of existence may just so happen to be in another mansion/world/dimension.

We as humans know a lot about nothing. We can take into account our history and our senses. We know we are aware beings. We know we have many accounts that point to different teachers who were something more than the rest. Our history does teach us.

When we seek we find. God imo is good all the time. He is Love. There is a cause and effect law and it just so happens we actually reap what we sow in accordance to our works here on this Planet. Our works is to love our neighbor as our self. Be humble....be kind...and most of all lend a hand to the one suffering.

Sorry...I went on a tangent. I love talking about my belief.... because indeed it grows and blossoms. Next year this time if I am able to have an opinion I know it will have grown into something more. Life is all about learning, loving and smiling.

We can make any nightmare turn into a beautiful love song....just have to seek it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just had some religious nuts knock on my door at 9:30pm Monday night, and left a pamphlet saying on the cover "Do you love Jesus with all your heart, because that is the only way to Heaven".

It then went on to explain how bad hell is, as if they stopped by on their way to Kinkos to print their pamphlets. What a ridiculous scam. Religion has made a mockery out of religion. Don't they realize believing out of fear is not the same as believing with your heart? No one truly believes, if their main reason for believing is fear. You can only truly believe in something you have questioned and thought about to no end.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join