It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Occupy Wall Street Accomplishes what You Were Not Willing to Fight For

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The only way we can force any change in our treatment is to refuse to cooperate with those that enslave us. We can moan and groan about it until the cows come home but it won't make a lick of difference if we do not act upon the resolve we profess to have.

Stop cooperating with them. Get off the gerbil wheel. Greeks are.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Considering the US is in another recession, and chances are there are going to be a huge amount of problems springing up in the next few months like massive cuts, you know, recession stuff

They will be in the streets. The people who don't see it, thats okay with us, you don't have to come because it only proves how closed your mind really is. Haters gunna hate, don't quit your day job. The system is engineered to keep the rich, rich. and the poor, poor.

If you cant see that, go back to your TV and drink back what fox has to tell you.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I am actually going to try and stress that with my group.

Make sure we don't make hypocrites of ourselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So when it's a peaceful protest they're doing nothing but being a bunch of lazy hippies, and when it's a violent riot, people are punk-ass criminals....

I don't understand how some of you people are expecting change to happen...???
Unless you're seriously comfortable being a slave to the system...

...but you'll only be part of the group that curls up and dies, when the water boils over, and the lid's blown off.

Don't think it'll happen? lol, look at the middle east, more specifically Egypt...

edit on 6-10-2011 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
All I can say is I wish I was back at home instead of overseas I really dont give a crap about the european economy and I cant wait to go back home even if it is in shambles. All I can do is support this movement so please everyone promote this and help them get off the ground form new protest even in your small towns people need to wake up and embrace this we need change and this is the only way. Our gov is over run with criminals all un honest people need to leave this country or get with the program. So kudos protestors im supporting you on my facebook page and its sad to say only three friends out of 221 even like or give a # about the protest just a bunch of blind sheep.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This has got to be, by far, the best "description" of OWS I have heard.
(: Props to this chick.

"The protests are "muddled and misinforme­d"because we as a nation are "muddled and misinforme­d". This is where change begins. Occupy Wall Street is the awakening. We have elected our peers to be precise and informed leaders who speak for us, as we spend our working lives doing our fair share to make this a great country. Our elected peers are more concerned about their own power, and bank accounts, to effectivel­y do their jobs. Greed has infiltrate­d the ranks. This greed must stop. Our country will not survive in it's current state. Those that want this protest labeled, are doing so because they know that ONE mission statement will only divide and alienate the people of OWS. Don't let that happen. Bring all complaints to the table at once, and join together as one massive voice. We are fighting multiple problems, multiple greedy corporatio­ns, multiple individual­s and politician­s. Not one complaint, but one unified voice."

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by STEADFast
OCCUPY WALL STREET IS STUPID!

I those fools are protesting banks and I would bet all my cash that each one of those protestors has at least one BANK ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD!

IF they are protesting banks they need to spread the message that they all need to close their bank accounts and stop giving the banks their money.

Idiots dont even know what they are protesting.

Failure to use logic will result in the masses thinking like such.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join