It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star gazing last night 10/04/2011 @ around 9:00 PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hi, this is my first post and although it isn't too important, and plenty of people on this Forum have seen the same thing. I'm going to reiterate it because I have never seen a UFO come closer than low Earth orbit..

I live in Iowa. Last night I was out driving in the country with a friend of mine and I told him to stop because the light pollution was almost gone from town (I always enjoy looking into the sky). We stopped, and got out. I immediately looked up at the sky scaling up to the telephone pole and wiring so I could see if anything was moving. Anyway, I caught a couple really dim looking stars moving. I immediately thought they were satellites, but kept a eye on them. After about 30 seconds of following one it stopped. It then started again going faster, then slower and would stop occasionally again (changing direction on the dime constantly). I watched it until my friend made me get back into the car. We drove for another half hour through the country. I decided to open his sun roof to take another look while he was driving and caught the same thing and made him stop again to show him. He saw and approved but this time it had stopped in between two stars that were dimmed the same. We watched it stay in its position for another 20 minutes and seemed as though it didn't want to move again because we were watching it. I know now that it wasn't a satellite but would like to know what it could have been (Ours? or something different). Also my friend is someone that doubts UFO's and even admitted to not knowing what it was and that it couldn't have been a satellite with the way it moved and stopped.

P.s. Sorry no video, because my phone could never take in such a dim light source at that distance. If you would like to see these objects then you will need to get away from light pollution, and watch the sky for 20 minutes steadily. Thanks in advance for the replies, because I am at work and will try to answer any questions asap.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Herro i have seen lots of ufo's and still dont know what they are lol ? i have a blog with them on there enjoy! mills7777.blogspot.com... i also like to go out when the sky is clear and watch the stars for a while ive seen them in a park orange/white orbs of light they are not that big could be anything lol

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thank you, I will check it out when I get off work
. I need to get my hands on a telescope. I'm sure that would help a little. Love the background of your blog also.
edit on 5-10-2011 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join