It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush reverses Global Warming position (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
In a stunning reversal, the Bush Administration said in a report that seems to contradict the White House position that there was no scientific evidance that Global Warming was being caused be buring Fossil Fuels. The report sent to Congress this week, noted that that a recent government-sponsered study upheld the views of many scientists that Human activity is driving Global Climate Change.

www.enn.com
WASHINGTON � Warmer temperatures in North America since 1950 were likely caused in part by human activities, the Bush administration said in a report that seems to contradict the White House position there was no clear scientific proof on the causes of global warming.

In a report sent to Congress this week, the administration noted a recent government-sponsored study supported the view of many scientists that human action from driving automobiles to running power plants helped cause global warming.

"North American temperature changes from 1950 to 1999 were unlikely to be due only to natural climate variations," the report said. Warmer temperatures that occurred from 1900 to 1949 were "likely due" to natural causes, the report added.

The brief passage in the report was surprising because President Bush and other senior administration officials have long insisted there was no clear scientific proof to link human activities to global warming.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, it's about darn time. This issue has been on the Political back burner ever since Bush took office, and although I am suspicious about the timing, I am really hoping this is not just another Election Year tactic to win votes. I wonder how Kerry will react to this(if he does so). It could really turn into yet another thorn in the side of the Presidential hopefull.

Related News Links:
scitechspeculation.blogspot.com
www.newscientist.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.atsnn.com...

join