It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

taking God out of Religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Originally posted by Leahn
reply to post by jed001

Please, do not avoid the question. Although your argument in no way detracts from what I said, it is rather rude to ignore another person's argument while pretending that you have replied to it.

It's actually rude correcting someone with "quotation marks" and following up with the belittling "I see you haven't studied any philosophy *sigh*". Treat others how you would like to be treated, and certainly don't cry when someone throws your fire right back at you.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

i appreciate her question "why" because now i have taken the first step to finding the answer

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I just dont think that one religion is right about any of it. All religions took something from another religion that was around before it (Sumeraian, Romans, Greeks, etc.) they all have very close relations. And I just personally believe you can not have one person or a "GOD" that created all of us, its just....my head is starting to hurt been working to hard and reading on ATS to long today.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I would think that if we took religion (as we have been taught as a culture to perceive it) out of God it would make more sense than the other way around.

edit on 10/5/2011 by Open2Truth because: clarity mishap

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
I would think that if we took religion (as we have been taught as a culture to perceive it) out of God it would make more sense than the other way around.

edit on 10/5/2011 by Open2Truth because: clarity mishap

i don't understand ; then all we would have left was an all powerful being

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
"God is spirit and truth, who seeks worshippers who worship in spirit and in truth."
~ Jesus, to the woman at the well.

Pretty simple really.

I think God is also the organic, animating principal of life, and of life meeting life (resurrection).

God is also known as light, and of course, love.

Aside from religious institutions, no one not even Jesus has claimed that God is a beared man in the sky, or an external agent, apart from the self or one's innermost being.

So God is both innerant and transcendant, both available to us, experiencially, deep within, and the one above who envelopes the whole of all creation.

Ah, where's the problem..?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
"God is spirit and truth, who seeks worshippers who worship in spirit and in truth."
~ Jesus, to the woman at the well.

Pretty simple really.

I think God is also the organic, animating principal of life, and of life meeting life (resurrection).

God is also known as light, and of course, love.

Aside from religious institutions, no one not even Jesus has claimed that God is a beared man in the sky, or an external agent, apart from the self or one's innermost being.

So God is both innerant and transcendant, both available to us, experiencially, deep within, and the one above who envelopes the whole of all creation.

Ah, where's the problem..?

my question was for the religious institutions, as far as "truth" goes ; your truth, may not be my truth, or the truth

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by jed001

God doesn't have a religion.

i wish that was true

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

It is true. If God has a religion ? Who is it that he worships ? God worships no one therefore, he has no religion.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by jed001

It is true. If God has a religion ? Who is it that he worships ? God worships no one therefore, he has no religion.

ok; if we are going to go with this line of logic; i will play along. how do we know that God has no religion and prays to no one has anyone ever asked god if or who he prays to or gets advice from

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
What would happen if we took God and angels and heaven out of religion? I believe that all the core beliefs of religion are good things ; try to help others. But when i hear about God, angels and heaven it makes me think of the ancient aliens group. they are both great stories but where is the real proof, both camps will take some "evidence" and spin it to prove their own point. I have seen both groups say that the Bible is absolute proof that their group is right. If we stopped teaching the next generations about God how would any body know about him and would it really change the core values and beliefs of religion?

Personally, i would prefer to take religion out of God...

The world would be a much better place....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

this confuses me how can you have God without religion. if God was real he would have to make himself physical available to the believers and non-believers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join