It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice library of mars pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hello ATS

i just came up with that site showing a lot of mars hi res pics

very interesting .. and notice how mars aint as red as nasa is showing us all the time ..

its fascinating seeing a landspace so far away .. ,

anyways i wanted to share that with you !

xpda.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Nice overview..thanks

Found anything out of place or exciting ?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
not really , i found some pictures of opportunitys landing pod wreck ! , its just amazing pictures ..

didnt find nothing unusual yet , , but just seeing mars in its usual color is amazin !

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah, mars just looks like Tattooine. No joke.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wow nice find the pictures look phenomenal...... wonder how much of them are real/unedited.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Any one have any idea what the heck are in these pictures. Looks a bit unnatural to me. I guess one would say man-made?

Mars pics

Look at the ones labeled:

Spirit, Sol 236 10:24
9/1/2004

Spirit, Sol 263 12:07
9/29/2004

Anyone have any ideas?

edit on 10/5/2011 by FoJAk because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
most of the mechanical objects are equipment .. most rocks seem unnatural but in fact there volcanic and sorta like brittle rocks , the kinda rocks that would break easily

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Feb. 9, '04 The round, shallow depression in this image resulted from history's first grinding of a rock on Mars. The rock abrasion tool on NASA's Spirit rover ground off the surface of a patch 1.8 inches in diameter on a rock called Adirondack. The hole is 0.1 inch deep, exposing fresh interior material of the rock for close inspection with the rover's microscopic imager and two spectrometers on the robotic arm. This image was taken by Spirit's panoramic camera, providing a quick visual check of the success of the grinding. Rock abrasion tools on both Mars Rovers supplied by Honeybee Robotics, N.Y.

www.museum4kids.net/Mars 20Rovers

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Nice find, man.

I'm not sure if that is a part of something we built? Does anybody have a clue?
edit on 5-10-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fazeone1981

All of those photos are available on the official site, here.

Unfortunately, and for some unknown reason, it looks like he (or someone else) used all available images from the several filters used by the cameras to make those colour images, so we get a colour that is not the famous reddish colour of the NASA photos or the more earth-like colours of the "corrected" versions.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Very nice pictures. The one labeled for 9/1 caught me off guard, then I noticed the next pic and I believe the mark on the ground is from that part of the rover.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by fazeone1981

All of those photos are available on the official site, here.

Unfortunately, and for some unknown reason, it looks like he (or someone else) used all available images from the several filters used by the cameras to make those colour images, so we get a colour that is not the famous reddish colour of the NASA photos or the more earth-like colours of the "corrected" versions.

Spot on as usual, he did exactly that....
xpda.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. I am interested in the pictures under Opportunity on the dates 2/26/2006-10/06/2007. picture #Sol 929. What are those little beads everywhere? Are they rocks or is there anyone here who knows what they are?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

You may mean the Martian Blueberries, formally known as Martian spherules. Some tend to surface with a stem, and look like mushrooms. Wiki doesn't have a good write up on them, maybe they have a link that is better in their references. I used to have several detailed links.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

The rovers were equipped with small drills on them to shave off part of the surface to see whats below the exterior. There are some other picture that look like this and thats the explanation given.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thanks once again. Man you are like a book, and as long as you keep these facts coming....stars for you!
2nd line.
edit on 6-10-2011 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join