It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Efforts to Defund or Ban Infant Male Circumcision Are Unfounded and Potentially Harmful, Experts Arg

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Fetal Distress
Difficulties After Birth
Effects of a Longer Labor

Nope not significant. not at all.

uhm.. no, I dont see any even remotely comparable to permanent and invasive circumcision.

Not to mention that epidural is done primarily for the mother. Thus the right to decide about mothers own body covers it. No such thing with circumcision.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Ok, but I think the idea here is that by the time he is a full grown man, that 1cm (or whatever) ends up being obviously a lot bigger by adulthood. And don't forget, that skin can do quite a bit of stretching, and is made to stretch. In fact an uncirc. looks mostly similar to a circ. when fully erect.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
reply to post by Mellok

when they took it off my son it was a centimeter of extra skin.....no man has a 15 in yang
at best we can get guys that clock 9

Its SQUARE inches, not lenght. A patch of about 4 x 4 inches, to visualise the size better.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As an uncut man I am completely against circumcision! I'm happy my parents didn't chose to do it for me. It is true there is a lot of pleasure and feeling during sex with the skin. Not only for me, but for her as well! I've also found that most women come to appreciate the foreskin. Some women can be apprehensive at first about it (mostly due to social norms), but once they get used to it they tend to prefer it over cut since there is more friction during sex.

It is genital mutilation pure and simple. If it wasn't meant to be there we wouldn't be born with it. I agree with the above poster who said that people who argue the feeling is the same cut or uncut don't know what they're talking about. Circumcision should be a personal choice at the age of majority, not what parents decide before the person is even capable of intelligent thought.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
www.circumstitions.com...
edit on 5-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

This is not a valid source of medical information.

Also, if you want your children to enjoy the freedom of penile cancer, the freedom to more easily spread HPV, the freedom to have balanitis, or the freedom to have a stinky penis; by all means don't circumcise.

But for the love of God, do not infringe on the parental right to get their sons circumcised. Also, stop this movement against circumcision, it is ill informed and childish at best. New born babies do not have the capacity to make decisions for themselves. That is no reason not to circumcise. Would you not do piercings either? Or haircuts? Or dental work until 18 years of age?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Another absolutely intrusive invasion into other peoples personal lives and rights by those who think they know whats best for the rest of us.

Child abuse and mutilation my hat!

ETA: Parents have the right to decide whats best for their children plain and simple. Some people should really mind they're own damn business.

edit on 5-10-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
www.circumstitions.com...
edit on 5-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

This is not a valid source of medical information.

Also, if you want your children to enjoy the freedom of penile cancer, the freedom to more easily spread HPV, the freedom to have balanitis, or the freedom to have a stinky penis; by all means don't circumcise.

This statement is ridiculous. A stinky penis and balantis? Ever heard of a bar of soap and some scrubbing? If good hygiene is practiced it's just as good as circumcised in regards to cleanliness. As far as STDs are concerned obviously practicing safe sex until you know that both you and your partner are clean is par for the course.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

My dad is not circumcised, I am. My mom and dad made the decision for me and I am glad they did. If I have a son he will be circumcised, there is nothing you or anyone else can do to stop that.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Agreed it's your choice. I don't have a desire to stop that, nor do I feel it should be illegal. I simply feel it's wrong and think it should be left to the man when they can make their own decision either for or against.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
referring to my previous post, all I can do is to refer you all to this article, that summarizes my experience of circumcision, I leave the rest to you : www.historyofcircumcision.net...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm from the UK, where over here we see it as grievous bodily harm and child abuse at it's most severe level, social services will come along and take your child from your custody and you'll never have contact with them again, you'll see prison for performing the awful mutilation and the parents imprisoned too. Thats how serious we take it here.

someone asked why is it done at such a young age? Cos they can't fight back, they can't speak and don't have the physical strength to protect themselves from being brutally harmed and permanently disfigured. The procedure takes about 20 minutes and is performed with no anesthetic. Some babies scream so hard from the pain that their lungs can collapse, they can fall unconscious and hemorrhage and require further medical treatment that may endanger their life.

I cannot understand this obsession in the U.S , is most of the U.S jewish? with this unbelievably brutal act upon the very child your meant to protect, love and cherish for life and it's first days you hand the baby over to a complete stranger and openly allow that person to severely attack your child and you stand and do nothing????????? what kind of parent are you???? can you not think for yourself, why do americans bow to every word a doctor says, would you allow your doctor to rape your daughter cos he said she had to be raped to be accepted by society? those who advocate this act sicken me and are child abusers of the very worst kind and we all know what we'd to a child abuser!.

i think that gets the message across. put it this way, if i were president, this act would for sure mean death penalty without death row.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
All my brothers were circumcised. My mother had an uncle who was not circumcised but when he was older he had so many problems that he ended up needing a circumcision.

I would think prevention would be better for a child. Isn't that what responsible parents do? They take preventive measures for their children even though the child may not like it. Would it not be child abuse to force children to take medication they don't like? The parents have to make these decisions for children who are not old enough to do so.

I saw a commercial from a television station in Florida that was for a new type of medical treatment for children who smoke. The announcer, in a calm voice, said "If your child, age 12-18, has trouble quitting smoking this treatment may be right for them". I was like...is it so normal now for children of 12 to smoke? And if they are smoking at that age, then are they really wanting to quit? And how is that parents approach this as though the child were 25?

Ok, 12 year-olds smoke. I get that. But the way the commercial was presented just seemed to be like it was so normal. Whatever happened to the type of discipline that said "If you even think of smoking.....".

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'll meet with the uncircumcision people a quarter way. No more government funding, pay out of pocket.

Other than that just leave it a choice and stop calling it child abuse. Its such a needless emotional hyperbole with no bases. They way I hear how its done now, its painless, as for "emotional" distress please baby ain't gonna remember that or even miss it. I remember I didn't even know that my tackle had been altered in anyway thought it was what natured provide in till around 4th grade.

The whole it reduces pleasure deal is also baseless and pulled out of an ass. How would we measure such a study anyways?

abcnews.go.com...

Well Canadian apparently is trying it out, they say it just scratched the surface though but so far haven't found a link between circumcision and reduced pleasure.

As for the failure to measure the foreskin's sensitivity, Reinisch said that was irrelevant, as it rolls back from the glans during arousal.

"The foreskin's job is to cover the penis and protect it," she said. "Its job is not to be a part of the sensitivity."

edit on 10/5/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/5/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I still can't see why people can't grasp the very simple point I keep making. The main purpose of being circumcised, above aesthetic value which is not a good reason to do it (until they are old enoutgh to make their own choice then fine they can have it if they want to.) or religious reasons which personally I just don't think is good enough. Above that, it's to lower the likelyhoodof getting an STD... well they arn't going to get an STD until they have sex.

By the time they have sex they should be old enough to make a decision like that for themselves, and frankly if they practice decent hygeine and protection they wont need it anyway. And if they arn't old enough to make that decision when they start having sex then you really have some bigger issues, because I would say by age 13/14 you could make such a decision for yourself.

There is absolutely no need to do the procedure at birth...other than the parent wants them to and thinks the child might not do it under their own power... (Aside from religious reasons) You say you want choice without people tellign you it's wrong, but I and the others with the same message are the ones actually asking for choice, because we want it in the hands of the child. When they are old enough to decide for themselves. You want the decision in your hands, which is NOT choice, thats forced.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

It is still so deeply ingrained in most Americans minds that they don't even think twice about it though...while in most civilized nations it is seen as backwards by society and unnecessary by the medical community. The percentage is dropping quite slowly but still nowhere near what most western nations are at as they push to eradicate the practice as much as possible... i think Canada used to have a high circumcision rate near that of the USA but has thankfully dropped quite considerably over the decades.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am amazed by some of the responses on this subject. Is there some group movement of circumcised men somewhere protesting becuase they never had a choice?

This is truly a non-issue. There is no negative effects either way. Medical reports seem to indicate circumcision prevents STD's and thats no small issue these days but nature gave us a foreskin and who am I to say its not right. As for waiting for boys to make their own choice, trust me when I say I would never let a scalple anywhere near my junk when I was 13 without a damn good medical reason.

I do know someone who had to have a circumcision at 26 and he will never forgive his parents for not having it done when he was an infant.

Can't say I blame him with some of the complications he had to go through. Not memories to be cherished to say the least.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think California should worry more about the illegal aliens running rampant, their gang problems and the fact that state hasn't been fiscally solvent in years due to their ridiculous social spending (money they don't have btw).

Looking at some of the crackpot legislation to come out of this state lately, I am really starting to believe they sit around a table and see who can come up with the most ridiculous legislation and then see if they can get it passed.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
trying to persuade people into OH this is bad is another for the books. oh and as for the sensitivity my husband says he senses everything just dandy its just a preference. Its an option bases on free will, and honestly messing with one free will is not only going to bring bad karma but also it kinda sounds a little dictatorish. as far as everything else its simplily will.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Keep in mind there's lots of nerves on this extra skin which when taken away takes away part of a male's stimulation for their orgasms.

you might think so....but the whole system seems to still work OK!!

My parent's had no religious reason to get me circumcised 50+ years ago - but it was jsut the "done thing" back then.

My sons are not.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join