It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Efforts to Defund or Ban Infant Male Circumcision Are Unfounded and Potentially Harmful, Experts Arg

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumbleHelper
reply to post by TinkerHaus

... and we're lying to ourselves if we don't admit that on occasion we can forget to shower.

Yes but you arn't going to catch any disease from forgetting to shower and clean under the foreskin for 1 day, or tow, or a week really... the biggest risk you have is it not being perfectly fresh if you engage in some sort of sexual act, in which case the smell of sweat on your body is going to be a turn off before anyone gets near the penis.

I know you made other points but this one is rather moot.

[QUOTE]Some of you are soo off base we might aswell call wisdom teeth removal torture and abuse according to your logic.

This whole thread stinks of hypocrisy. [/QUOTE]

I personally have not been calling it abuse in this thread, though am of the opinion it is utterly wrong for it to be done to a child (medical reasons not included of course) until they can choose for themself. But I would have the same opinion of wisdom teeth, my wisdom teeth have only partially grown through, they have been in the same position for about two years and have never caused inflamed gums for more than 3 days. Why go through, or put your child through the pain that comes from removing them if it isn't necesarry?

A similar argument for circumcision, why put them through surgey that isn't necesarry (unless there is a medical need to do it) when they can make the choice for themselves at a later date? There is no need and it is depriving the child of something they are born with and have a for a reason.

edit on 6-10-2011 by StevenDye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye
But I would have the same opinion of wisdom teeth, my wisdom teeth have only partially grown through, they have been in the same position for about two years and have never caused inflamed gums for more than 3 days. Why go through, or put your child through the pain that comes from removing them if it isn't necesarry?

How little you know then. If you have never had infected wisdom teeth you cannot know the pain involved. My wisdom teeth caused me troubles through my entire teens and I wanted them out but my parents could not afford the $1500 to do so. When I was 19 they became infected due to a pocket formation in the gum and its was the most miserable time in my life and I have been thorugh some tuff stuff in regards to physical pain. The drain on you physicaly and mentally is huge so do not judge if you have never experienced it for yourself.

edit on 6-10-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I love my foreskin. You can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

How little you know then. If you have never had infected wisdom teeth you cannot know the pain involved. My wisdom teeth caused me troubles through my entire teens and I wanted them out but my parents could not afford the $1500 to do so. When I was 19 they became infected due to a pocket formation in the gum and its was the most miserable time in my life and I have been thorugh some tuff stuff in regards to physical pain. The drain on you physicaly and mentally is huge so do not judge if you have never experienced it for yourself.

Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough but I covered that; I said if it isn't necesarry. If they do become infected then there is a medical reason to have them removed and of course I would never stand against removing them at a young age due to a medical reason. However by the time wisdom teeth 'usually' come through I would say you are at an age to decide for yourself anyway given a chance to do a little research. By 13/14 most people are mature enough (or should be) to decide for themselves.

The same with circumcision, bar any medical reason, by the time you are sexually active you should be old enough to decide for yourself.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by evs490

I have time to waste on a time wasting topic as it happens to be today. Since its already posted up and I am wasting my time anyway I said what the heck. I mean isn't the whole internet forum thing a way to kill time anyway?

But to be honest I joined this forum to keep up with what TPTB are doing, etc...not really delve into the topic of circumcision.
edit on 6-10-2011 by baalbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Child abuse? Genital mutilation?

Let's not go to far here people. This is an old custom that originates from times when your average human hygiene was terrible. It cannot be compared to female circumsition due to the fact that it does not decrease sexual pleasure. All or most of the risks of not be circumcised can be easily sovled simply by bathing and properly washing your junk. Thins should be such a polarizing issue. It a cultural thing. If its customary in your family then fine. If not, then enjoy your extra useless epidurmus and dont forget to roll back and scrub
Hundreds of different forms of body modification can be found across all cultures.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Dentists will tell you wisdom teeth are not necessary. Neither is a foreskin necessary. Both can cause complications. Just becuase we were born with uselless body parts doesn't mean we need them.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

This is the internet. He most assuredly meant flabby man boobs over pectoral muscles.

We used to breastfeed babby I think. Right?

Well, seeing as flabby man boobs are a weight issue I don't see the relevance to the topic. They are not a body part but a build up of fat over the pectorals.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
For those who believe every body part is needed take a better look at the evolutionary leftovers.

What evolution left behind on humans

I can guarantee many of you have never heard of some of these leftovers.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I was circumcised as an infant and no I am not Jewish. It was done for general health reasons and I am glad. My penis was not MUTILATED like some radicals on cocks would like to make people think. It does not shorten your penis either.

Un-circumcised penises are more likely to get infections, and you are suppose to clean the inside out. It is just far more convenient to get that foreskin removed.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Maybe the foreskin was just for environmental protection, an added layer so to speak back in the day when we did not wear clothes.

I am sure it hurt like hell to be pushing through some brush, and if not for the foreskin a blackberry barb could put a hurt on the member.

Hurts just thinking about it.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Its genital mutilation....simple

You wouldnt agree with having a clitoris removed from a female child so why should you be able to mutilate a boys genitals???

It should ONLY be done if it is medically necessary.

These kids dont have a choice, it is forced upon them by their parents...normally from religious backgrounds.

the reality is that female circumcision has happened and still does happen in other cultures around the world...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

female circumcision is a real issue not male circumcision.
idk if you have seen a video of a girl getting dragged to have this done but it is quite horrifying

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Maybe the foreskin was just for environmental protection, an added layer so to speak back in the day when we did not wear clothes.

I am sure it hurt like hell to be pushing through some brush, and if not for the foreskin a blackberry barb could put a hurt on the member.

Hurts just thinking about it.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Hell yes that would hurt! Probably why the jungle natives put their part inside of that horn looking thing they cover themselves with.

You may be right about the foreskin, who knows for sure?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Its genital mutilation....simple

You wouldnt agree with having a clitoris removed from a female child so why should you be able to mutilate a boys genitals???

It should ONLY be done if it is medically necessary.

These kids dont have a choice, it is forced upon them by their parents...normally from religious backgrounds.

I'd put money on it that your a female... If not, are you circumcised? I am and to be honest, I completely disagree with your "OPINION" .... I have a 6 month old son and was in the room when he was snipped and I can honestly say that I was more hurt than he was.

Removing a females genitalia is not even closely related to being Circumcised. You make it sound like some back alley torturous processes.

I do not believe in religion but I do however agree 100% with the medical theory's as to why it's beneficial to remove the foreskin from a penis at the discression of the parents.... More than likely, most every "Lil' Dude" is gonna wanna look like Daddy so naturally I'd think that most would choose to do the same.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Protip: If you don't wash, you get dirty.

Personally, I don't need neo natal surgery to avoid basic hygiene practices.

If you did it to your kid, or your parents did it to you, frankly, I don't care. But unless for medical intervention I'm unsure if insurers should bear the cost.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Originally posted by Troofseeker

Originally posted by naghammadi
kind of amusing that a "perfect God" would make a mistake which requires surgery.
Yes indeed. Well said.

Or how about birth defects? Would a perfect God allow that? Yes, yes he would.

Harmful abnormalities, perhaps, but you're talking about changing the base template.

I'm unconvinced every male of the species suffers a 'birth defect' known as the foreskin.
edit on 6-10-2011 by naghammadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join