It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many WATS points do you need to get one of those shiny silver borders?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Asking for a friend. Because everyone knows Partygirl would never crave such crass status symbols.

Right?

But if, for the sake of argument, a given poster wanted one of those ATS status symbols, how long would she have to wait?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

BRONZE:
The first of our elite levels also triggers the code that removes ads from the discussion board*, the indicator requires at least:
300 posts, 300 stars, and 300 flags.

BRONZE: (exception)
Members with more than 2,000 posts, but less than the other levels for bronze receive the "BRONZE" tag, but still see ads.

SILVER:
The second of our elite levels who see no ads on the board, the indicator requires at least:
400 posts, 500 stars, and 600 flags.

GOLD:
The highest of our elite levels who see no ads on the board, the indicator requires at least:
500 posts, 750 stars, and 1,000 flags.

WATS is basically a calculation combining stars, flags, applause etc..

Karma is for posting..
edit on 10/5/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Are you sure that is current; at least the bronze status? I have yet to see a profile with a bronze border; only silver and gold.

P.S., I've got well more than what is listed above for the gold; yet, I still have a silver border. From my best estimation, the only members with the gold border are those that rank in the "Top 50" on the WATS index.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I could be wrong, it was never "officially" updated, but bronze is suspiciously similar to gold.

Here's SO's definition of WATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/5/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I think aggie is right. The gold only goes to the people on the WATS list. I think the silver is only for the next highest 100 or 200 posters.

There is no set WATS number for making it onto one of these lists as the numbers change daily.

I'm sure if someone on the WATS list or with a silver status didn't post or participate for long enough, the other members would overtake them with their WATS scores and that member would eventually be downgraded as the other member's scores rose higher and higher into the stratosphere.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
As far as I can tell, to be gold you have to be in the top 50 list. Silver seems to be for anyone with a WATS of over 50....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hmmmm....

I thought there were only two colors.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My border is really an "Unobtanium" border, but nobody knows what the hell color that is, so I got silver.

It's not the color of the border that counts, it's the motion of the ocean.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Could be, I'm not sure, I'll look into it to make sure and see if I can get back to you.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yeah, got over the 2k mark on posts, but no Bronze border.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

*pats around looking for a silver border* XD

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
very informative thank you I have a really long way to go. *sorry for the one liner*

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There is no bronze anymore. just gold and silver and those stats dont apply anymore.

I guess, looking at the fact that nixie has no silver boarder that silver isnt for everyone with a wats of over 50 though

Your gold in my eyes at least nixie. 24k

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thank you Dave!
it is a conspiracy I tell you.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Getting the gold or silver border isn't the most important thing though. Used to be that when someone achieved BRONZE level contributer, all the ads would magically disappear.

Now, they disappear gradually as your WATS score goes up.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yeah.. I have over 3000 posts and I'm still rocking a regular border.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Same here, what gives?

Now that I've noticed I feel it's worthy of kicking and screami..........
Actually I'll settle for a beer.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Are you sure that is current; at least the bronze status? I have yet to see a profile with a bronze border; only silver and gold.

P.S., I've got well more than what is listed above for the gold; yet, I still have a silver border. From my best estimation, the only members with the gold border are those that rank in the "Top 50" on the WATS index.

Just because you have earned it means nothing. You will first need to change conferences to be awarded the Gold.

Saw 'em off.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Ditto for me.

I guess I should be gold by now.

But...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
So nobody...including moderators...really knows?

Mysterious indeed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join