It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumpster Home No One knows your there!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I frequent this website and today found this interesting idea.
This man has made a home, a very small one, out of a dumpster.

No one would know you were there.

dornob.com

I love this idea! He says he will make one for you for 5K.

I am going to put pic's into this post if they work...my talent is not exactlly in that area.

edit on 5-10-2011 by MissPoovey because: title

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i love when people think outside the box and come up with these crazy ideas.. but looking at your pics, personally i wouldn't want to live in one, it doesn't look very accommodating.

but nice idea anyway..

s&f for posting it..

edit on 5/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This has been posted before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And people will know where you're living before to long. Not everybody litters, someone will eventually try to use it as a dumpster...it's original purpose.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It kinda looks like a man cave, get away fort. May work in somebody's back yard, but I can't see a homeless person being able to make this work.

Maybe some philanthropists could set "dumpster cities" for the homeless on private property, out of the way of the trash disposal companies, that may pick that guys home and shake it upside down, into their trucks.

edit on 5-10-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I thought the whole idea of living in a dumpster was so you wouldn't have to pay for shelter. Five grand seems a bit extravagant for a trash depository living situation. I'll pass.

Besides, dumpsters would be one of the places I'd loot for useful items in a survival situation.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
That is awesome! I would have to have a larger dumpster though.

link   
This would be good for a police steak out.
Minus the windows of course.

link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
This has been posted before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And people will know where you're living before to long. Not everybody litters, someone will eventually try to use it as a dumpster...it's original purpose.

i dont think the lid would open like a regular dumpster, so i dont think that would be a problem.. also it would be unlikely you would have this on a busy road where alot of people are..

This would be good for a police steak out. Minus the windows of course.

they could use a green tint to cover the windows, it would be perfect then..
edit on 5/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well if I was gonna do something like this I'd probably steal like 8 of them and weld them together for space..But in all reality I can buy a shipping container that is way bigger and water tight for $2000 so I'd go that route. but in a pinch I could make this work, Hell I could make a Tarp and a stick work as long as people would leave me the F' Alone.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks to MisterLondon for inserting the pictures. My abilities do not currently allow me to do that.

I personally think that someone who wanted to go off the grid, so to speak, would like this idea.
The space is small, but cozy and comfortable. An inner city situation would work if the 'home' was placed in an area that isn't easily used by pedestrians.
I like it. Spending 5k is alot tho. If you made it yourself, it would not be as expensive.
Think how much money you could save on rent, and travel to and from work.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It wouldn't be too good in a "shtf" situation.... eventually someone's gonna approach it looking for scraps or supplies.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

True, but many people are also lazy, They'll originally try to throw away trash, and when they find the lid locked, they'll just set their bag sown next to the dumpster. You'll end up having a lot of trash in the yard.

If it were a out of the way place where dumpsters aren't common, I'm sure some kid will try to make a fort out of your home, until he finds out that it is already a fort of a sort.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

yea, no one knows you are there.. Which is exactly why people will throw trash in it. Better off with the shipping container idea. Though you'd still wanna bury that ish.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
But having to live with that fragrant aroma...

Eau de Dumpster ~!

What's for dinner dear ?!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wonder what would go through his head early in the morning, groggy from just waking up, as he hears the "BEEP - BEEP - BEEP" of the dump truck backing up to pick up his "home" and dump it's contents?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Dumb idea.

Did anyone think how hot it gets inside a steel box of that size?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is a big improvment on living in a piano crate..........Very posh.
I did notice the shelf is lined with booze jars(we call them mickeys, they are about 13oz,half a 26er eh!
The problem is most street people can barely afford ripple wine most days.
panhandling aint what it used to be with all the competition the goverment puts up.
Aother problem is if it looks like all the other dumpsters in town, how the hell are all the rubbies gonna find which ones theirs?
Itll never work.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Dumb idea.

Did anyone think how hot it gets inside a steel box of that size?

You get a little window ac unit./a box fan and some electricity hooked up....DUUUUH

Wait a min.!!
This is not really for homeless people is it, or people living off the grid.

More of this guys little hobby/ what he does with the spare cash. Then practical living situation.
Maybe you got a point.

One more thing, that is not a toilet per say as much as a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat..
Here is the video, look the toilet has no outlet, no hole in the ground, no pipe leaving from it nothing... It is a glorified 5 gallon bucket...
edit on 5-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I wouldn't wanna be in there when the garbage truck comes ,
also what would it say about you if you spent 5k to live in a dumpster?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
A novel idea as long as you can keep this from happening.

This dumpster idea would definitely make a good man cave for me. I could use a place to escape the estrogen overload in my house.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join