It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Chromium 6 Going Airborne Through Dust Particles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Deadly Chromium 6 Going Airborne Through Dust Particles

At least 74 million Americans in 42 states drink chromium-polluted tap water, much of it likely in the cancer-causing hexavalent form. Given the scope of exposure and the magnitude of the potential risk, EWG believes the EPA should move expeditiously to establish a legal limit for chromium-6 and require public water suppliers to test for it.

Source

These cancer-causing chemical are found in 89 percent of cities sampled in the US, so not only have you got this carcinogenic chemical in your tap water but also airborne through dust particles now !

The Map of Chromium 6 levels in the US tap water.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Not so fast there buckaroo.

HINKLEY, Calif.—A California state study has not revealed elevated cancer levels in the town of Hinkley, a small desert community that inspired the award-winning Hollywood movie "Erin Brockovich" through its struggles with contaminated groundwater.

The California Cancer Registry has completed three studies on Hinkley, where a toxic plume of cancer-causing chromium 6 is once again growing. The studies found that cancer rates remained unremarkable from 1988 to 2008.

The results were first reported Monday by the Los Angeles Times.

Epidemiologist John W. Morgan says the 196 cases of cancer reported during the most recent survey of 1996 through 2008 were less than what he would expect based on demographics and the regional rate of cancer.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Great post but whats wrong with the world. Why cant people see that the hundreds of thousands of deaths from cancers and diseases just doesn't happen naturally. There's so many things that account for that have been ignored and covered up over the years.

I'm familiar with fluoride but chromium 6 is something i have never heard of and dam it sounds bad. "Chromium hexavaent is extremely reactive with vitamin C. When exposure is coupled with vitamin C in the body, it can result in severe damage to the individual's DNA inside the lung's cells" and prescriptions in are water what the hell.

This is just whats known, who knows what else is out there that's targeted to devastate the people. I am Deeply saddened at the amount of damage my body and brain has accumulated over the years. These things have a direct impact on IQ and imbalances in the body. If one could just go back a few hundred years in time and just be there its got to be such a great difference the air would be pure and the stress of millions of frequencies shooting through your brain would be gone, it seems like it would be such a change so much weight on your body that you didn't even realize you had.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hexachrome is nasty stuff, but is used in many industries but banned in Europe.

I keep telling people, there is the pollution we know about, imagine what we don't know.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I for one would like to hear exactly who has funded this study, and if it is peer reviewed etc.
The numbers dont seem to add up with the hype.
There is actually less statistical cancer in the town than there should be if i read this correctly.
The chrome 6 may not be so hazardous, the study may be flawed, the numbers may be deliberately fudged.
With the radiation scandal going on in Japan, i hardly trust the numbers any more at all.....they lie and lie and lie.
This is how we are controlled,and when the victims die off, everyone goes on oblivious to the whole scam.
When will we get off this merry go round?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

What’s more likely …. A group of professional toxicologists and epidemiologist with several hundred years experience between them fabricate a study, and nefariously collude with the peer review process to approve the study OR a group of lawyers convince a town into blaming all of its disparate health problems on a cash rich company for their lawyerly cut (1/3rd plus expenses) of a $333 million dollar settlement?

Hmmm … lets see here … who has more of a motive to bend the truth … I wonder …..

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Would attaching them to nano tubes and sprayed in so call chemtrails bring the concerns up to a higher level ?

www.pnnl.gov...

Has some interesting views on engineering bio info .

The Cell Pen project ( Cross-border nanotechnology - toxic effects of nanoparticles penetrating cells)

www.iom-support.co.uk...

Scared the crap out of me what they have been doing , maybe it is time to get the gas mask on .

www.emsl.pnl.gov...
edit on 5-10-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

So what you trying to say mike, carcinogen chromium 6 doesn't cause cancer, and were all just being paranoid ?

There more to this thread, then chromium 6 causing painfull cancer, its the general illness and well being, and it all seems to relate back, to whats put in our water.

Don't know about you, but i have a problem with my water, being contaminated, for corporate greed, or neglect, or willful intent, our kids drink this stuff.

edit on 5-10-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
reply to post by SirMike

So what you trying to say mike, carcinogen chromium 6 doesn't cause cancer, and were all just being paranoid ?

Exactly. There is no evidence that HVC exposure in the levels seen in drinking water supplies causes “painful” cancer or has any acute or chronic health effects. In fact, there exists a body of evidence that suggest HVC exposure in the levels seen in drinking water supplies does not cause any acute or chronic health impairments.

There more to this thread, then chromium 6 causing painfull cancer, its the general illness and well being, and it all seems to relate back, to whats put in our water.

Supposition without evidence is nothing more than uniformed superstition.

Don't know about you, but i have a problem with my water, being contaminated, for corporate greed, or neglect, or willful intent, our kids drink this stuff.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Well mike, your wrong, carcinogen chromium 6 does cause cancer.
And there so much evidence for this.

National Toxicology Program scientists reported that their two-year animal study “clearly demonstrates” that the compound is carcinogenic in drinking water. Mice and rats contracted malignant tumors in their small intestines and mouths when they drank water containing several different doses of hexavalent chromium.

“I think it’s resolved, as much as it can be resolved,” said George Alexeeff, deputy director of scientific affairs at California’s Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment.

Chromium 6 In Drinking Water Causes Cancer In Lab Animals
Chromium Water Cancer
National Toxicology
Natural Resources Defense Council
Report On Carcinogens

The Report on Carcinogens (RoC) is a congressionally mandated, science-based, public health report that identifies agents, substances, mixtures, or exposures (collectively called "substances") in our environment that may potentially put people in the United States at increased risk for cancer.

The National Toxicology Program (NTP) prepares the RoC on behalf of the Secretary, Health and Human Services.

Published biennially, each edition of the report is cumulative and consists of substances newly reviewed in addition to those listed in previous editions.

For each listed substance, the RoC contains a substance profile, which provides information on: cancer studies that support the listing—including those in humans, animals and on possible mechanisms of action potential sources of exposure to humans current Federal regulations to limit exposures

Council of Scientific & Industrial Research

Chromium(VI) is known to cause various health effects Skin rashes, upset stomachs, respiratory problems, weakened immune systems, kidney and liver damage and lung cancer The persons who are drinking water having upto 50 ppb of arsenic and 0.1 ppm chromium over for many years could experience skin damage or problems with their circulatory system, and may have an increased risk of getting cancer.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
reply to post by SirMike

Well mike, your wrong, carcinogen chromium 6 does cause cancer.

I never said if doesnt cause cancer, only that it has not been shown to cause "painfull" cancer in the concentrations commonly seen in drinking water supplies.

And there so much evidence for this.

No, actually, there is NO evidence for this and in fact there is evidence to the contrary. Refer to the Hinkley epidemiological study.

Additionally, HVC is naturally occurring ... I know, its ludicrous to think that a carcinogen could be naturally occurring, but that’s science for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Not so fast there buckaroo.

The California Cancer Registry has completed three studies on Hinkley, where a toxic plume of cancer-causing chromium 6 is once again growing. The studies found that cancer rates remained unremarkable from 1988 to 2008.

You forgot that last few paragraphs:

That message, however, rings hollow with people such as Elaine and Gregory Kearney, who live about a mile from the official boundaries of the plume. Private water testing showed elevated chromium levels, they said, but the utility company has refused to buy their property.

The family has a litany of health problems. Elaine Kearney has heart disease and has had seven mini-strokes. She and her husband are taking care of one daughter who has advanced lung cancer and have another who had multiple miscarriages before giving birth to a mentally disabled son.

Even their dog, Pinkie, is covered in tumors.

Kearney choked up as she recalled bringing home bottles of Hinkley water when the family used to vacation in the desert decades earlier, before moving there. At the time she thought it was fresh.

"It's real hard on a mom," she said, "Your kids aren't supposed to die before you."

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Thanks for pointing that out soficrow, Mike likes to try and dismantle my threads, and always sides with the corporations, they can do no wrong in mikes sarcastic world. lol.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

How much ya wanna bet they're working on a vaccine? ...And when they have their little cocktail 'perfected' SirMike will flipflop, and run around telling everyone that a) Chromium 6 is deadly, b) it's airborne and c) anyone who isn't vaccinated is going to die.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

I dismantle your threads because its easy and they are mostly hysterical fear mongering.

Why is it that every time a scare like this is tamped down with a more thorough study people like just can’t seem to change your originally emotionally contrived preconception with something more fact based. I’ve never said HVC isn’t dangerous, just not nearly as dangerous as many have proclaimed it to be, unfortunate and saddening anecdotes like the Kearney family aside.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

No you don't dismantle my threads, it may of slipped you're notice, i said try, in my earlier post.

You do contradict your self a lot.
For instance, you now say HVC is dangerous, and surely, its in the corporate interest to downplay the dangers ?

If me and you was running a billion dollar business, surely it would be in our interest, to pay a few million dollars, to downplay the dangers, even throw out some contradictory evidence ?

new topics

top topics

join