It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most-violent metropolitan areas: Detroit MI, Memphis TN, Springfield IL???????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The crime in Springfield has become to a point of insane. People are being robbed, shot, killed, arson....but not just the usual amounts.

Springfield was also Ground zero for where Obama made his presidential announcment and his nomination for Joe Biden the vice president.....that was back when the crime was normal....

I live near Springfield, Illinois...it is not very big in comparison to Memphis or Detroit at all....we only have maybe 130.000 people and I can tell you things have changed there dramatically in the past few years. Springfield is the capitol of Illinois, and our last two Governors have been in jail or are currently going to jail. Springfield's Mayor killed himself in December of 2010...and thats just the political side

I can honestly say that given the economy if you do not have a state job in Springfield or a hospital job. Your probably struggling or unemployed. Springfield is becoming GROUND ZERO for the violent crime outburst because of the recession/Depression...People here are becoming mad in a crazy beyond normal way....It isnt just a have and have not sort of crimes....It is like the poor are becoming mad at the rich and not just robbing but beating them....

Springfield was the area of the Race Riots that occured in the early 19th century, and racail tensions are also on the rise here.

I have a feeling that these violent crimes are coming to a city near you....be prepared, also Illinois is the only state in the country that you can not conceal carry so we cant be prepared here.

Here are the articles and proof.
local paper

article

FBI data
edit on 5-10-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
FFS try Reading Pennsylvania highest murder rate and poverty rate per capita in the country as far as I know.

Big city crime with small city police force. Even the cops are afraid to come out.

I dont blame them either!

Went to Detroit for a break. LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Generally you would think an overwhelming amount of the black race would cause this. Not being prejudice it's just the fact when compared with the Detroit & Memphis.

Springfield:
White alone - 91,086 (77.3%)
Black alone - 20,180 (17.1%)
Two or more races - 2,351 (2.0%)
Asian alone - 2,099 (1.8%)
Hispanic - 2,092 (1.8%)
Other race alone - 260 (0.2%)
American alone - 135 (0.1%)
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 64 (0.05%)

Detroit:
Black alone - 689,965 (75.7%)
White alone - 120,891 (13.3%)
Hispanic - 67,361 (7.4%)
Asian alone - 15,184 (1.7%)
Two or more races - 13,548 (1.5%)
American alone - 1,831 (0.2%)
Other race alone - 2,068 (0.2%)

Memphis:
Black alone - 410,698 (60.7%)
White alone - 207,625 (30.7%)
Hispanic - 35,487 (5.2%)
Asian alone - 11,483 (1.7%)
Two or more races - 10,141 (1.5%)
American alone - 851 (0.1%)
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 185 (0.03%)
Other race alone - 176 (0.03%)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I voted for Obama (mistake) and I honestly feel that the crime has become exponentially higher here in Springfield..I am not blaming him but what has happened since then that has literally made the land of Lincoln into one of the worst violent crime areas in the country.

Obama came to Springfield to announce his Presidency...WTF happened to this place since, the local economy is booming yet the crime is horrific.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It depends on the crime.

Baltimore is fourth when it comes to murder, but is first when it comes to violent crime. But then it has always sucked there.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Violent Crime is on the Rise everywhere despite what a newscast might tell you... I live in Vallejo CA, and it's bad here but the next City over Is Richmond CA, then Oakland CA, and if you combine the square mileage and erase City limits it's Extremely Dangerous and probably the highest murder rate by square mileage. The problem here is there is no work so Drug sales is on the Rise which means gangs are competing for Turf and Homelessness is Rampant.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
New Orleans has almost always had the highest murder rate in the country, i think NYC took the title for a while but look at how big NYC is compared to New Orleans.

Everyone one knows New Orleans nick name is the big easy.

But after living there for 3 years i found out many locals refer to it as Chopper City, in reference to an AK-47 which are known as choppers.

i once asked this guy who i worked with why chopper city and why do they refer to an ak-47 as a chopper.

He said cause the bullets when fired the bullets tumble through the air as opposed to going it a straight line.
And when they hit they dont make an average hole like most assault rifles, but rather chop things down.

idk it was his explanation, and he had a mouth full of gold teeth, so i took his word for it. Ya heard me

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

I live near Detroit and let me tell you, no break here. When we go downtown we have to worry about the police just as much as the criminals. The police are known to rob and beat out-of-towners all the time. There is not one system in Detroit which is not corrupt thanks to Kwame Kilpatrick and his gang of thug wannabe's. The school systems here are beyond the point of no return and the rest of the city is almost as bad off.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InshaAllah

But after living there for 3 years i found out many locals refer to it as Chopper City, in reference to an AK-47 which are known as choppers.

i once asked this guy who i worked with why chopper city and why do they refer to an ak-47 as a chopper.

He said cause the bullets when fired the bullets tumble through the air as opposed to going it a straight line.
And when they hit they dont make an average hole like most assault rifles, but rather chop things down.

idk it was his explanation, and he had a mouth full of gold teeth, so i took his word for it. Ya heard me

This is not true...a bullet fired from an AK-47 spins just like any other bullet....

The bullet tumbling out of an AK myth happened sometime during the Vietnam war.

Seriously think about how accurate a tumbling bullet would be?

Some bullets have been designed to tumble or bounce off things in the body but these are usually smaller rounds.....but seriously a guy with a mouth full of gold teeth is probably not going to give you any logic of any kind.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

last time I went back to detroit I was pretty much crying. it ain't just kwame, it's all of them, starting with coleman young. the collapse of the auto industry hurt economically, but it didn't cause all those beautiful buildings to be burnt to rubble.....

top topics

join