It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouch! Obama Presidency by the Numbers a Bitter Reality (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It is plain as day and as the nose on my face. I don't know what else to say. Seeing a montage like this really puts it all together.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Can't get any simpler then this.

Great find.

Makes me sick that people still support this clown.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I’m wondering though.

In his mind, is his “One-term proposition”, actually mean President for life?

Not that would happen, but this guy is so narcissistic, I wouldn’t put it past him nor those in his Administration to think such nonsense.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The really sad reality is that people still think Obama did this.
POTUS is not calling the shots. Lots of people saw this coming
long before Obama got elected. He's just another shill.

People need to wake up and realize it wouldn't have mattered
if McCain got elected in 2008. We'd still be in this same mess.
Why? Because POTUS doesn't answer to the American People.
He gets his orders from the banks. PERIOD.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby

So, you won't mind if obama gets voted (booted) out of office, along with many other democrats, in the 2012 elections, then?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I'm getting the feeling that Obama will most likely drop out of the election before he loses in a humiliating defeat. He's already playing the "underdog" card to test the waters.

Fast and Furious, Solyndragate et.al. are rapidly stacking up against him. On top of his failing policies of course...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I'm getting the feeling that Obama will most likely drop out of the election before he loses in a humiliating defeat. He's already playing the "underdog" card to test the waters.

Fast and Furious, Solyndragate et.al. are rapidly stacking up against him. On top of his failing policies of course...

Sorry, but I believe his Ego drives his common sense.
I expect nothing but him to ramp up every aspect of campaigning. testing every avenue.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
are you better off than you were 4 years ago?

hell no you arent

will you be better off with 4 more years of the same?

hell no you wont.

the current potus will run he thinks and his party thinks that he is gods gift to america well the god of running us into the ground more so that any other president in recent history.

if you love your own butt more than that sorry excuse for a potus there is only one logical choice to vote him out in 2012.

if he gets re elected which is a possiblity dont come whining on ats we tried to show you the way the way to prosperity and living a real life.

2012 Vote or Die!! we have been dying every day since 2008

the choice is yours.
edit on 5-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What does it matter? My vote doesn't count. Yours doesn't either.
The system is corrupt and the government is broken. Electing
another corporate shill is not going to fix any of this.

Can I vote the FED out? Can you?

edit on 5-10-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Lots cherry picking going on there with those numbers

Just one example...look at Unemployment charted, including before Pres. Obama took office.

When did it rocket again? When did it plateau? The poverty rate? When did it start to climb after years of comparably consistant rates? The rate at which it is increasing has slowed since he took office.

Even if folks were to accept the numbers provided at face value, the next question is what solutions does the opposition offer? Less assitance to the unemployed? Less help for those spiraling into poverty?

I suggest examing the numbers rather than eating what you are fed via Youtube. Maybe start with unemployment...

data.bls.gov...

Hey...show me a candidate who can snap their fingers and instantly return us to 2005, less the financial ignorance and I will vote for them. Until then the numbers show the current President is at least turning the ship rather than barreling full steam into the hurricaine.

Just my opinion after skipping the spin and examaning the numbers both pre and post Obama. Again...show me a better candidate and I will vote that way, but the GOP field looks near comical in their "solutions" thus far.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sure, he is turning the ship away from Scylla and heading full speed for Charybdis. Exactly how does that help us? Maybe we should try something else. When you are lost, the first thing to do is to stop going in the wrong direction. When you are stuck in a pit, quit digging it deeper. When trapped under a massive pile of debt, STOP SPENDING DAMMIT!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Now, he said it himself. "If this thing is not fixed in three years, one term". Keep your word, step down and allow someone with real ideas to take your job. Ron Paul, 2012.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That original graphic has been made into an actual video, how cool is that?
Looks it also grew some legs because it's going viral.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by Indigo5

When you are lost, the first thing to do is to stop going in the wrong direction. When you are stuck in a pit, quit digging it deeper. When trapped under a massive pile of debt, STOP SPENDING DAMMIT!

I would argue he has definitely "stopped going in the wrong direction" and "digging deeper" as Unemployment has ceased it's sky-rocket climb that began with Bush and the markets are no longer spiralling downward on a daily basis etc.

Otherwise we are at the bottom, inching out at a snails pace.

It is questionable whether he has an effective plan for escaping the ditch, but the fall is over.

As far as the "stop spending" bit, it's a big topic, but while that might work for a private company in specific circumstances where re-tooling and investment aren't needed or for a private citizen who has a steady check and is able to have a consistant budget...with governments it can be counter-productive. Governments have spent their way out of financial crisises throughout history, but the spending must be genuine investment in it's populace and innovators. Long debate and you are welcome to disagree.

Pres. Obama hasn't proved he has a real plan for recovery, but the fall is over for now and I have yet to see a better plan...I'd like to, but haven't seen one yet. The GOP plan seems to be..."Make the rich richer and screw everyone else..the unemployed are just lazy" etc. etc. Bring me a brilliant economic plan and I will kick Pres. Obama to the curb, until then, not ready for a "Paul Revolution"
Nice guy though...honest in his views if nothing else.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
That original graphic has been made into an actual video, how cool is that?
Looks it also grew some legs because it's going viral.

If it is going "viral" maybe someone should tell it's creator to check his numbers.

The very first chart has the 2010 poverty rate at 14.3...that is 2009's

2010 is 15.1%

Poverty rates will continue to climb in this country whoever the President is unless we stop climbing the charts for income disparity. Right now we are up their with African dictatorships in the rankings.

Either way...the numbers are truncated, cherry picked and sloppy.

Never say I wasn't honest because the error I corrected above actually improves the case against Pres. Obama

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The "fall" is not over. It has barely begun. The housing market is being artificially propped up. The banks are other institutions are holding back thousands upon thousands of homes from going to market because putting them all on at once would glut the market and force home values to seek a lower level that would reflect their true worth. Unemployment numbers are just a bald faced lie, and I cannot believe you actually "buy" their numbers. The real number is closer to double the 9% or so they publish. People who can find jobs are forced to work for less money and must purchase goods priced higher than they were before this goon came to office. By every measure, the economy is worse now than it was four years ago. We still have not hit bottom.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Even Obama has stopped blaming others and admitting the economy is all his now. It's absurd for his supporters to keep saying what even he admits is true is not true. The economy is truly his now.

I'm actually impressed he has over the last little while given honesty a try and dropped the Chicago Style politics. Won't make me vote for him, but it does show he is waking up and realizes his lies and his attempts to win by dividing the country are failing.

He should step aside and let the Democrats run another candidate in his place if he truly loves his country. That is what a real leader would do.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Hey...if you're not going to bash Obama we don't want you here.

Keep your facts to yourself.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by orbitbaby

So, you won't mind if obama gets voted (booted) out of office, along with many other democrats, in the 2012 elections, then?

I'm just hoping we will even get a chance to vote at ALL, seeing as America is heading for bankruptcy.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Indigo5

Even Obama has stopped blaming others and admitting the economy is all his now. It's absurd for his supporters to keep saying what even he admits is true is not true. The economy is truly his now.

Oh I don't dispute that at all. He ran, he won, he owns the economy. But to claim he was given a Ferrari and turned it into gasping clunker is just dishonest.

I am a big fan of rational and honest criticism and that starts with the admission that this great recession did not start the day he took office. Our banking system had already half collapsed and the bulk of the bailouts had been issued with bipartisan support before he took office and unemployment had already rocketed and was continuing to rocket when he took office. Can we admit it at least stopped climbing under his watch?

No problem holding the President accountable, but we need to do it in an honest way, otherwise honest folks stop listening to BSers. I would love an honest debate about our economy and to lay blame at the Presidents feet for what he needs to own...but without the dishonesty that it started with President Obama. That is nonsense.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join