It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester, New Hampshire Police Officer Uses Excessive Force on High School Student

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Wow. Really? That really shouldn't have happened in my OPINION. What do you guys think of this?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This happens all over the place, kids don't know thier rights anymore.. If you attempt to explain thier rights to them, in many cases they will simply respond with "they are the cops, you have to do what they say".

It is scary, and the public school system needs to be reformed.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
wow i would have said the same thing if they told me i was suspended for taking my SISTERS purse. glad i know now the f bomb is arrest worthy. and even if it wasnt his sister if a girl said she didnt care and wasnt worried about it why continue to harrass the kids let them eat there lunch have fun and not cause trouble. i just graduated from a highschool that i can definetly see this happening in they have went very authoritarian while i was there and the schools SRO is very power hungry ready to fight anyone

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DankKing420

Luckily, I went to three high-schools, and they all had very nice SRO's... Yet, hear me out on this irony! I left Gibbs High school my sophomore year, and the SRO there liked me alot (I managed to find trouble all the time, nothing serious), well, the next year, I had switched schools and was in a park with some buddies, you know, partying a little, bit doing the parkin' lot pimpin' deal. Out of the shadows comes three cops, in all black with guns drawn (I happened to have a kitchen knife in my hand.. I forgot as to why). It was him, and since he was with two other officers, he was forced to deliver a written arrest and court date... I figured I would throw that in there. Not all cops are like this guy in the video, sadly, more and more are becoming that way...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Unfortunately the kid received the same bullying like treatment he was asserting upon his sister in holding onto her belongings.

He was simply doing this because he knew he could get away with it which does constitute to bullying.

But on the other hand, as far as LEO's resorting to violence to resolve the issue was really unnecessary.

As Adults we should instead Lead by example especially in an institution dedicated to learning.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Kids will be kids, we will mess with our sisters, our sisters will mess with us. As a principal, and an officer, working at a high-school, it is your duty to recognize the difference between real problems and matters that resolve themselves (seems to have been resolved before any of that even started).

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wonder if the other kid will get intro trouble for having it posted on you tube.

His parents should take that school and the officer to task over the excessive use of force, against that teenager.

Kids have no rights nowadays.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here's a follow-up:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I saw this on you tube. Figures the School would not answer any questions asked of them. I do wonder if the kid who video taped this will be suspended. Rather ridiculous that they are treating children this way. Thank you for the update

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The Officer in Question Asked for his comment:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Don't these people realize that they are creating resistance of authority in these kids acting this way?

new topics

top topics

join