It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the death penalty should be abolished

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
dictionary.reference.com...

"THE KILLING OF ANOTHER HUMAN BEING UNDER CONDITIONS SPECIFICALLY COVERED IN LAW. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, CHARACTERIZED BY DELIBERATION OR PREMEDITATION or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder)."

The fact that it is being carried out by the state does not change its definition. That alone is enough in my opinion. It doesn't deter violent crime; if it did, rates should be a lot lower considering how long this punishment has been around.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I think the death penalty should be abolished. Life in prison is a greater punishment.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I think the death penalty should be abolished. Life in prison is a greater punishment.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

My logic is flawed
Bite my shiny metal badge, Man I've been shot twice during a routine traffic stop one in my vest and one in the shoulder by dope dealing kid. Who thought a bag of drugs worth more than my life and that's an awesome eye opener. Have you ever been to prison NO probably not. Have you been shot at NO probably not. Have you been to a foreign nation with your boots on the ground in a war zone NO probably not. Has anyone in your close family been murdered NO probably not. Anyone in your family on Death Row NO probably not. Sorry buddy but I don't see this ugly world through the same rose tinted glasses as you. Your idealistic Utopian approach is ignorant to fact that humans have killed humans since the dawn of time. People kill people because they have the want and ability to do so. I think its silly to remove the death penalty because you have a bleeding heart and are sensitive to its harsh reality. You act like all of Death row inmates are innocent and are deserving of some sort of quality of life or have a right to it. We as a species have more of a right to remove the harmful beings from this world. Don't forget buddy you called me "the crazies" sadly your logic is flawed and sucks.

Have a nice day

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join