It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Ron Paull's Campaign Managers had a clue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If the campaign managers of Ron Paul's presidential run had A CLUE ...they would run ADS that FOCUS on the fact that the men and women we trust to keep this country safe take their money and trust it with Ron Paul....(AGAIN like they did in 2008). There are some candidates that are "unelectable" because they don't have the industry ties and will not pay off favors to the connected revolving (publ......ic service private sector doorways that have been established and paved deeper with each successive administration (repub or democrat) . These ties are synonomous with saying corporate influence bascially and if you don't cater to the the corporations or "play the game" you will are pretty much unelectable. Not to go over all the examples but each administration over last few decades have more and more private sector CEO's dong a turn in PUBLIC office....passing some sweet heart laws (w/ help of lobbyists) then going back to private sector (Hank paulson/ Tim Geithner) and the same is true for bascially any post in the administration ...you can see the conflict of interst that results ...and eventually it plays out in the real world with the middle class gettin bent over in favor of private company's raising costs even when it is prohibitive on the economy as a while.I don't think Paul could win but he could play a major role in the rebuplican race if his campaign managers had a clue and leveraged the potential power that our men in women in uniform put their trust and money with ron paul. again and again. and no i'm no ron paul enthusiast and prob would not even vote for him (possibly) but i bet most people don't know this about military donations and how ron paul receive 70% of all military donations and i think the american republic would respect that a good deal. And if the american people knew this in a time when have no trust in anyone ....this could be a big deal.
edit on 5-10-2011 by cpdaman because: (no reason given)

The Use Of All Caps In Thread Titles--All Members Please Read
edit on 10/5/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If the campaign managers of Ron Paul's presidential run had A CLUE ...they would run ADS that FOCUS on the fact that the men and women we trust to keep this country safe take their money and trust it with Ron Paul....(AGAIN like they did in 2008).

Only one response to this: How well did that work for Ron Paul back in 2008

Not worth a sh##

Seiously, this election and the 2008 election are worlds apart.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

I think that many politicians are funded by major corporations.....and if they don't adopt that corporation's belief system..and do what they are told by that corporation....the money stops. That is why I think many, many politicians dance to the corporation tune...for the money! They really are not (for the people) and what would really be best for (we the people) and our country. I think that this is obviously true.....look at the mess we are in!

Ron Paul is mainly funded by donations from people in the military....to me....that speaks volumes...that he really is for (we the people).

I agree...Ron Paul's campaign managers...need to step it up.....

edit on 5-10-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ron Paul's campaign managers probably cringe when he speaks on certain issues. Winning a Republican primary is a totally different game than winning a general election. Every time he is against a war, it's seen as unelectable. His position on a terrorist requiring a trial costs him votes.

There are three key GOP constituences. Fiscal hawks, war hawks, and values voters. If you can't win a big chunk of two out of three, you don't win. And I guarantee you those people are quietly trying to win over the third group. They're good with one, hated by two, and must therefore get three.

But if you go and talk anti-corporatism to a Republican group, you're talking to the same people who own stock either directly or through their retirement, and they see corporations as part of a capitalism system, that by and large, is justified in moving beyond any set of borders so they don't have to pay money to the government as a bribe (taxes) for the work others aren't willing to do.

For my $.02, I think Ron would have a much larger constituency he could draw as independent from the anti-war left, but that's their decision to make.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

But if you go and talk anti-corporatism to a Republican group, you're talking to the same people who own stock either directly or through their retirement, and they see corporations as part of a capitalism system, that by and large, is justified in moving beyond any set of borders so they don't have to pay money to the government as a bribe (taxes) for the work others aren't willing to do.

Nearly every single person who has a retirement plan, a 401K, an ERA, or some other financial vehicle has stock in corporations. Rare is the person that is immune. Nobody even gives it a second thought anymore... the only consideration is the bottom line at the end of the quarter.
edit on 5-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

In my group of friends 4 of us have sold all of our stocks and bonds, and 3 more have reduced their holdings considerably.

My money has been converted into "tangible assets" that will have value no matter what happens.

I may be the minority, but I'm not alone, and more people are doing it every day.

new topics

top topics

join