It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people actually read threads before spouting off???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Sorry if this offends anyone, but sheeeeeeeeeesh people....... click on links, read posts, and THEN give some input.... A lot of people actually take the time to research FACTS, put up links, and there are still people arguing against solid facts.

There have been several posts recently that have really good links that state awesome points and facts, and yet people several posts down question THOSE exact points.

PLEASE read and/or research before you post senseless statements.

Have a great day!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

A lot of people actually take the time to research FACTS, put up links, and there are still people arguing against solid facts.

You mean youtube videos and personal blogs from the paranoid and delusional???

Most subjects have been spoken about at length here....as time passes you will see the same nonsense over and over again.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
ive come to the conclusion that no people do not read they just comment or reply to whatever the last page is.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
While I will admit I didn't read anything in this thread, I totally disagree.

A well thought-out OP means presenting your ideas/views and providing sources to back them up. It doesn't mean linking a single YouTube video and saying "oh my dog, everyone needs to watch this NOW!".

The number one reason people dismiss entire threads is because of the way they are presented. Facts, sources, correct spelling/grammar, and a little formatting go a long way in helping to achieve that.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am not talking about youtube videos, I rarely watch them. I am talking about links backing up statements that people don't even bother to click on and then spout off about something that was explained AND backed up in a link.

Also, I am not talking about OPs.... The ongoing discussion seems to be dismissed just to rant at someone else in the thread.

edit on 5-10-2011 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

You are probably right. The thing that gets me is they seem to question something that has already been answered, then start name calling and such when someone points this out to them.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I rarely post to any thread beyond five pages long, unless someone has replied to me.

Then I may or may not reply in return, depending on the message.

But I find that overall, after five pages, the debate is usually derailed from the original OP.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
I am not talking about youtube videos, I rarely watch them. I am talking about links backing up statements that people don't even bother to click on and then spout off about something that was explained AND backed up in a link.

Also, I am not talking about OPs.... The ongoing discussion seems to be dismissed just to rant at someone else in the thread.

edit on 5-10-2011 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)

Why rant? It falls on deaf ears. If you don't like a thread just leave it and don't bother to comment or place stars or flags. Silence is golden, and silence speaks volumes more than just making a comment and saying "your posts sucks, l2format kthxbai".

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

Alot of people are still fully employed and have a life outside of cyberspace. You think they have time to read every single post on every thread? I sure as hell don't; perhaps the seniors and the unemployed do.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

it really bothers me when an old subject comes up,and without one thought states emphatically ATS has determined this to be a HOAX.What?It's not in the hoax section?Especially when it comes specifically the U.F.O.forum.Unless it's a cheesy cgi I don't believe anyone on this site holds the credentials to say for sure that its a HOAX....stop that people,no one is a professor,no one has a degree in u.f.o's and until we know for sure what the ships look like and until we meet aliens in person ....it's all based on opinion not fact...end of story
that felt good maybe I should visit the rant forum more often!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If I don't read all the pages, I try and make it clear that I'm responding to the OP, not the entire thread.

new topics

top topics

join