It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest conspiracy in history, Climate change denial.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
reply to post by lpowell0627

Exactly what "babybunnies" said........ the only global warming is a NATURAL one.. the global warming that has people spending millions of dollars trying to stop is NOT what I was referring to.

Amen. Climate change is definitely occurring, but the jury is still out on whether mankind has anything to do with it, and whether the overall trend is COOLING or WARMING. In the 1970's, all the data that was being used from the 1940's, 50's, and 60's was pointing to global COOLING, and there were a myriad of documentaries being made about this backing up this position. The Bilderburg group even had a recent meeting on the agenda of which was "a discussion about the ongoing Global COOLING problem".

In the mid 1980's, Margaret Thatcher was the first national leader to put the full power of her office behind supporting the global warming theory, even though everyone said she was mad as a hatter for doing so. Somehow that same data showing cooling during the 40's, 50's, and 60's had been manipulated to show an overall WARMING trend. The reason she wanted to do this? She was in a massive conflict with the national Coal Miner's Union led by Arthur Scargill at the time, and wanted to sway public opinion against the use of coal. How did she do this? By claiming that emmissions from coal were contributing towards global climate change (warming) and using dodgy science to back up her positions. Even senior members of her own cabinet refused to have anything to do with this, and still maintain their positions that she was crazy for suggesting this position.
edit on 5-10-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

reply to post by lpowell0627

Exactly what "babybunnies" said........ the only global warming is a NATURAL one.. the global warming that has people spending millions of dollars trying to stop is NOT what I was referring to.

Amen. Climate change is definitely occurring, but the jury is still out on whether mankind has anything to do with it, and whether the overall trend is COOLING or WARMING.

Yep. The overall 5,000 year trend (since the Holocene Optimum) is downward.

In the 1970's, all the data that was being used from the 1940's, 50's, and 60's was pointing to global COOLING, and there were a myriad of documentaries being made about this backing up this position. The Bilderburg group even had a recent meeting on the agenda of which was "a discussion about the ongoing Global COOLING problem".

I remember this very well. And the funny thing is that the people who were pushing global cooling are, for the most part, the SAME people who are pushing warming now.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Direct observations find that CO2 is rising sharply due to human activity. Satellite and surface measurements find less energy is escaping to space at CO2 absorption wavelengths. Ocean and surface temperature measurements find the planet continues to accumulate heat. This gives a line of empirical evidence that human CO2 emissions are causing global warming.

97% of climate experts agree that humans are causing global warming.

Its a myth that scientists predicted an ice age in the 70s. The vast majority of climate papers in the 1970s predicted warming.

At the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a greater number published contradicting studies. Their papers showed that the growing amount of greenhouse gasses that humans were putting into the atmosphere would cause much greater warming – warming that would a much greater influence on global temperature than any possible natural or human-caused cooling effects.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The Global Warming "deniers" were more honest when they simply denied it.

When they realized that they no longer could deny it, and started to say "OK, there is warming, but it's natural process", it became clear that they simply will continue to deny even when the consequences start threatening human survival. They will deny it even if they are dying because of it. Sad.

It's a waste of time to argue with them. My hope is that a new alternative energy source cheaper than oil will be discovered, and will completely replace oil, saving humanity from climate chaos. And then we will ask the deniers: "Look, global warming stopped. What happened to your 'natural cycles'? The natural cycle reverted just at the same time when the new energy source was discovered and replaced oil? What a nice coincidence, uh?"

edit on 5-10-2011 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Source saying it is a myth, please?
I have sooooo many sources saying Global warming is a hoax and most of them recent. Please show me a credible source saying it is man made, no Al Gore though LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I posted links and facts, what do you have other than hearsay? Global warming is a NATURAL occurence. It was twisted to fit different situations pertaining to the almighty dollar.

Millions of years from now, if the earth is still here, there will be this same stupid debate after the millions of changes the earth goes through.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

Direct observations find that CO2 is rising sharply due to human activity. Satellite and surface measurements find less energy is escaping to space at CO2 absorption wavelengths. Ocean and surface temperature measurements find the planet continues to accumulate heat. This gives a line of empirical evidence that human CO2 emissions are causing global warming.

Its a myth that scientists predicted an ice age in the 70s. The vast majority of climate papers in the 1970s predicted warming.

At the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a greater number published contradicting studies. Their papers showed that the growing amount of greenhouse gasses that humans were putting into the atmosphere would cause much greater warming – warming that would a much greater influence on global temperature than any possible natural or human-caused cooling effects.

The "97% of climate experts" are NOT climate experts, this has been proven and documented in many different sources.

The people saying that "we're looking at all records we have" are only looking at records since about 1880, about 130 years. They are ignoring the other 4.5 billion years of recorded history locked in ice core samples, which show global climate change is a trend that has happened many, many times in the history of the planet. The entire planet has been both much colder AND much hotter than it currently is, dozens of times in the past.

If I ignored 4.5 billion people on earth (out of the total of nearly 7 billion), and interviewed 130 people who owned Ferarris, and assumed from talking to those people that all the other people must drive Ferraris as well, this would be the same statistical sampling of data being used to support man made global warming.

link   

Global warming has been proven to be a hoax.

So the earth has never ever warmed?

I think you mean that some people have claimed carbon emission derived global warming is a hoax.

And I agree that the main reason people want to believe that is because they object to the measures proposed by politicians to supposedly combat it. Which of course, is an entirely different issue.

All of which ignores the other human actvities causing global warming. And the fact that natural warming and cooling cycles continue regardless.

link   

reply to post by UniverSoul

What do you think people who believe the overwhelming evidence supporting manmade global warming are trying to do exactly? For decades they have been fighting to ween the world off of fosil fuels and promote renewable energy sources as a cheaper and cleaner alternative.
But they are blocked by a very efficient propaganda machine being funded by corporations, endorsed by right wing politicians and sold to a gullible public. All so they can continue getting wealthier at the expense of human health and happiness and the destruction of our home planet!
How would you suggest we fight back against these monsters, respectful silence?

Bravo to that comment.
A global warming threat by humans is BS, but how do we fight back?
Look's like fear works best... too bad.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

The "97% of climate experts" are NOT climate experts, this has been proven and documented in many different sources.

I'm not aware of any cimate experts - those who specifically study the subject - who deny that human actovity is causing global warming. And that includes the sceptics.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by GLontra

I posted links and facts, what do you have other than hearsay? Global warming is a NATURAL occurence.

So is death.

That does not mean that people cannot be murdered

Fact is, we should be cooling (very slighty, over a centennial timescale) due to decreased axial tilt. This cooling should be most noticeable in the northern hemisphere, particularly the Arctic.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Atzil321

Source saying it is a myth, please?
I have sooooo many sources saying Global warming is a hoax and most of them recent. Please show me a credible source saying it is man made, no Al Gore though LOL

This is not Al Gore:

www.sciencemag.org...

You can also visit the website of "New Zealand climate change information":

www.climatechange.govt.nz...

This is an official website of the Government of New Zealand. Please remember that New Zealand is not governed by any Liberal Party, New Zealand is governed by the New Zealand National Party, that is a CONSERVATIVE party.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Here.....I doubt you will bother to read past the first paragraph. But for the record this is the most thorough investigation into scientific consensus on global warming you are likely to find anywhere.. tigger.uic.edu...

edit on 5-10-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Direct observations find that CO2 is rising sharply due to human activity.

No, they don't. LOL CO2 might--might--be rising, but how do you prove that humans caused it?

Satellite and surface measurements find less energy is escaping to space at CO2 absorption wavelengths.

Quoted word for word from Skeptical Science.

At least be honest and tell us what happens at wavelengths NOT associated with CO2.
CO2 simply makes the atmosphere opaque to radiation at 15 microns and the net impact of that is to reduce the energy loss to space at that wavelength.

The total outgoing radiation is more variable than what the changes in GHGs give, which if you didn't know that could be why you're so confused on the matter. These changes are probably due to changes in cloud cover, which are far more important for climate than the changes in GHG. More backradiation is due to increased water and clouds, not CO2.

Look, CO2 and water vapor certainly absorb in the IR, but tit can't be used to transfer heat from a cooler reservoir to a warmer one without expending energy.What greenhouse gases do is reduce the cooling--they do not warm.

Ocean and surface temperature measurements find the planet continues to accumulate heat.

See above. The planet cannot accumulate heat for any length of time. The Earth’s surface receives energy from the sun. This energy causes the Earth’s surface temperature to rise. It will continue to rise until equilibrium is reached. That means until the Earth is losing as much energy as it gains--it is not accumulating anything.

This gives a line of empirical evidence that human CO2 emissions are causing global warming.

Again, plagiarized directly from Skeptical Science. And it's faulty logic. There are a million other variables that could cause global warming. It is intellectually dishonest to suggest otherwise.

If you are right, then the world, especially the Northern Hemisphere, should have a straight rise in temperature as more CO2 is emitted there everyday. What explanations do you have for the rapid cooling this year and the previous years?

Appeal to authority. And misleading--that "97%" figure is based on a mere 74 scientists, which is hardly a representative sample of the hundreds of thousands of scientists on Earth. Even your qualifier "climate experts" is misleading. There is no such thing as a degree in climate science.

Its a myth that scientists predicted an ice age in the 70s.

Is that right? They why do I remember sitting in school talking about it? Now, I'm getting old, but I'm not senile.

edit on 10/5/2011 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny
No, they don't. LOL CO2 might--might--be rising, but how do you prove that humans caused it?

I'm guessing you haven't read much on the subject?

CO2 levels are rising very rapidly*. And human emissions of CO2 are rising year on year. That's not a disputable fact.

* in geological terms

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The hole in the ozone is not going away.

It is getting bigger at an astonishing rate.

I don't think we have time to bicker over whether humans are the cause or not.... we need to focus on how to fix or reverse that.

The Ozone Hole

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There is climate change.... but I don't believe man is the basis for it. And I haven't been influenced by "Big Oil" or anybody else.

In fact, the biggest detractor to man-made global warming is science... geology, archeology, biology, meterology, even astronomy.

We know the earth has been warm and then cooled, then warmed then cooled,...just ask a dinosaur or wooly mammoth or mastadon...ask a Cromagnon man or a Neandethal.

I dare say that all of the volcanoes erupting this year have put out more gases, CO2, dust, and emissions than all of the people on this Earth for the last couple of years.

Further, when the earth was "warming" drastically back in the 1990s...so were the surfaces of Mars, Venus, Mercury, etc...who was cooking with gas up there?...the Sun...Solar cycles...Solar Maximus...and since 2000 we have been going into Solar Minimum...less solar activity...and guess what, cooling has ensued... Think there might be a connection?

I check the weather everyday and look at the forecast over a cup of coffee... the record highs for this week in my area were 1998, 1973, 1954, 1986, 2002, 1954.... we should be getting warmer...today is actually a typical fall day in NC, 73 and sunny.

Lastly, the damning factor to all of the Global Warming crowd is the way the 'scientists" manipulated data...secret e-mails, hiding opposing views and data that didn't support warming.... not a good way to add validity to any argument, real or imagined.

And the spokes person...our friend Al Gore...creator of the internet, personal massage expert extraordinaire', and subsequent divorcee... he is the face of Global Warming...aka Climate Change. Might be time for a new spokes person.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Again, plagiarized directly from Skeptical Science.
I meant to have that paragraph as an ex-text, a simple mistake im sure everyone has made before. As for the sites credentials as a credible source of information, I think they are a very professional website, with an impressive group of contributing scientists.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well in the late 80's my teacher in 6th grade told me that hairspray has made a hole in the ozone and that texas was at fault because more women in texas use hairspray then anywhere else, he scared me so much when he described what he says was happening to the ozone that I swore never to buy hairspray again, that was over 20 years ago, how dare he stop me from styling my hair, I am off to buy some aqua net.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You speak no truth! it is the lying politicans who say that global warming exists and they pay phony scientists to temper with evidence.....which was the case recently.

Yes the ice caps are melting,as they tend to do,but are also getting thicker and expanding as of 2006 but the clueless fools who believe in what has already been exposed as a lie,global warming,always cling onto the old news that they are melting rapidly and they try their best to ignore recent evidence which proves global warming is a lie.

The only thing i agree with to some degree with the global warming agenda is that we are polluting our planet.....not heating it up......but polluting ourselves.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join