It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest conspiracy in history, Climate change denial.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It really is the biggest conspiracy in history - for the simple fact that it's so rampant, easy to research, verify, uncover, and debunk - and yet so many people (especially "conspiracy theorists"...yeesh!) continue to fall for it anyway.

- The science itself is over 150 years old, and has nothing to do with Al Gore or carbon credits.

The Discovery of Global Warming

- CO2 has been a known important greenhouse gas for a very long time. It was predicted over a hundred years ago that more CO2 in the atmosphere would lead to significant global climate change. All that's happened since is the observations have confirmed the century old predictions. But I love how all the armchair climate experts continue to rush and to start lecturing everyone on how climate change is in fact real now, but not caused by man - cause they read that on a blog somewhere.

- 98% of climate experts (i.e. actively publishing researchers) agree that the majority of current warming is indeed anthropogenic in nature, and every major scientific organization concurrs with this assessment.

Expert credibility in climate change
Scientific Consensus on Global Warming

- Meanwhile the climate "skeptic" side is littered with easily transparent shills who have either A) no background in actual climate science, B) extreme right wing ideological views, C) direct ties to the fossil fuel industry or - most often - D) ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Oh About Those 32,000 "Leading Scientists" Against Global Climate Change.
Major Global Warming Denial Movement Linked Directly to ExxonMobil: PROOF
Famous Global Warming Skeptic Scientist admits "40 percent" of his funding comes from Big Oil
The Denial Machine

And anyone who can get themselves over all the vapid cliches about "follow the money", and actually try to do some critical thinking instead, i.e. actually follow the money (on a deeper level than just whining about taxes) - can see for themselves exactly why there is a conspiracy to deny climate change, not promote it.

You have all gotten in bed with the enemy.

It's all so bloody transparent, but people would rather just see whatever it is they want to see instead.

Biggest conspiracy in history. Hidden away in plain sight.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Seems like the topic of climate change is almost as controversial as
religion or abortion. I've heard both sides and I can't say that I know the
truth. I don't think anyone on this thread does either.

What I'd like to know is why did the CIA (of all government agencies)
open up the Center on Climate Change and National Security? No
one can get any information from them through FOIA because everything they
do is classified.

If the CIA is involved you can bet it's not in our best interests. They serve
the banks and corporations. So whatever the truth might be, it's being
deliberately kept from us.

I believe climate change is real, and it's man made.

I believe the reason why the CIA creates a Center on Climate Change and National Security is because they consider Climate Change a matter of "National Security", and they want to know things "first hand", without sharing the information with the public,

Think about this: imagine that UFOs and aliens are real. I'm not saying it is real, but let us imagine they are real. How the government / CIA deal with the subject? They deal with it using secrecy and hiding information from the public. They want to be the "first to know", and have more information on the subject than the public have.

Same thing with Climate Change. They know this is happening, and they know it will have great socio-economic consequences. They know Climate Change will have great geopolitical impact in the world. So, they want to know everything "first hand", and keep information hidden from the public, so they can prepare and plan how they will handle the situation without losing control over the population.

Climate Change can be the trigger for wars in the future. Climate Change can be the trigger for mass migrations. So, Climate Change is treated as "National Security" subject. Maybe CIA knows that Climate Change is going to affect us much sooner than we think, but they don't share this information with the public, because they don't want to "spread panic", and they are making plans to handle the situation, and keep their power and control in the midst of the chaos created by Climate Change.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I agree with you that we have trashed the Earth. However, to think that drilling for oil has somehow created global warming is ridiculous. The dinosaurs would be left wondering who was drilling during their life should that be the case.

Even if you want to argue that humans have contributed to, and sped up global warming by say 100 years....1000 years....it doesn't matter one bit.

1000 years is not even a drop in the bucket when you consider the planet as a whole. We are so insignificant in so many ways yet our egos have somehow let us believe that we can, if we throw enough money at it, stop the entire planets periods of cleansing and renewal.

People should clean up the Earth because it's the right thing to do. Not because we think that it will prevent the Sahara Desert from ONCE AGAIN becoming fertile, lush land.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
I find it fascinating and depressing in equal measure that so many here on ATS have fallen for the most well funded and organized conspiracy of all time climate change denial. Deniers have fallen hook, line and sinker to all the corporate propoganda, and would rather listen to phony politicians who are paid up stooges of the denial machine, than believe solid evidence from hard working and honest scientists doing they're best to alert the world to the dangers we face.

This is a logical fallacy, in particular it's an ad hominem attack and is a red flag that your argument is invalid. You should never, ever resort to name-calling/ belittling the opposition in an attempt to support your argument because you instead invalidate your own argument. Personally I don't think it's important whether global warming is real or not because there are plenty of other reasons we need to reign in our fossil fuel consumption that are much more easily proved (such as local pollution affecting people's health, and the fact that oil is a finite resource, or that much of our energy usage could be diverted quite easily to clean and widely available solar power). But I get sick and tired of these pointless personal attacks towards the opposition, all it does is polarize the two sides.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by MamaJ

I agree with you that we have trashed the Earth. However, to think that drilling for oil has somehow created global warming is ridiculous. The dinosaurs would be left wondering who was drilling during their life should that be the case.

Even if you want to argue that humans have contributed to, and sped up global warming by say 100 years....1000 years....it doesn't matter one bit.

1000 years is not even a drop in the bucket when you consider the planet as a whole. We are so insignificant in so many ways yet our egos have somehow let us believe that we can, if we throw enough money at it, stop the entire planets periods of cleansing and renewal.

People should clean up the Earth because it's the right thing to do. Not because we think that it will prevent the Sahara Desert from ONCE AGAIN becoming fertile, lush land.

Man... We are seven billion people in this world, each of us throwing tons of CO and CO2 in the atmosphere every year. The measurements show that the "parts per million" of CO2 in the atmosphere are going steadily higher. The sattelites show that the amount of heat reflected back from Earth to outer space are decreasing, even when the amount of heat that comes into Earth from the Sun has not changed. This means that the heat is being trapped in the atmosphere by the greenhouse gases.

We can't deny the facts of reality just because the facts are not according to our ideology. Facts come first than ideologies.

The Big Oil companies give funds to the Climate Change denial campaign because they don't want alternative energy sources to expand, because that would hurt their profits.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Complain about the millions of big-oil research money but overlook the BILLIONS that governments around the world have spent to support their own scewed POV? The governments of the western world will have all of us pay through the nose, further crippling everyone's economic situation, in order to bring in a lot more taxes for them to further waste on the redistribution of wealth to 3rd world countries.

How do the same people that complain about the ineptitude of every government on Earth want to put them in charge of ANYTHING?!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's funny how there seems to exist only two sides officially in the Climate war, and both are wrong.

One side says it exists and is man-made, the others say it doesn't and we shouldn't worry.

However... while it does exist, it's not because we humans are causing it. I agree, mind you, we are not helping it with our way of life. But I guarantee you, it would have happen wether we want it or not, and the idiotic discussion wether or not it exists or what the cause is should END RIGHT NOW!
It's pointless... really.

It's called a cycle. It has happened before it is happening now (however slowly) and it will happen again at some other point in time. Stop fighting the inevitable, stop being so naive to attribute the human race anything as grandeur as complete control over nature... simply learn to understand how it all fits together AND adapt.

You will NOT save this world from melting ice caps and "global warming" ( yeah... the title is probably right, because the Earths temperature will rise before it falls back down again.), you can slow the process. That's all.

Stop trying to save the world. It's a naive conquest that will ultimately fail.

Oh, and the reason for cutting down emission gasses etc. should to begin with not be global warming, but because you want your kids to breathe some healthy air rather than gaseous toxic waste.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

You must have thin skin if you think that is a personal attack. All I was doing was expressing my frustration at how people can be fooled so easily.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
It's funny how there seems to exist only two sides officially in the Climate war, and both are wrong.

One side says it exists and is man-made, the others say it doesn't and we shouldn't worry.

However... while it does exist, it's not because we humans are causing it. I agree, mind you, we are not helping it with our way of life. But I guarantee you, it would have happen wether we want it or not, and the idiotic discussion wether or not it exists or what the cause is should END RIGHT NOW!
It's pointless... really.

It's called a cycle. It has happened before it is happening now (however slowly) and it will happen again at some other point in time. Stop fighting the inevitable, stop being so naive to attribute the human race anything as grandeur as complete control over nature... simply learn to understand how it all fits together AND adapt.

You will NOT save this world from melting ice caps and "global warming" ( yeah... the title is probably right, because the Earths temperature will rise before it falls back down again.), you can slow the process. That's all.

Stop trying to save the world. It's a naive conquest that will ultimately fail.

Oh, and the reason for cutting down emission gasses etc. should to begin with not be global warming, but because you want your kids to breathe some healthy air rather than gaseous toxic waste.

Let's suppose you are right. Suppose it's the solar cycle, and the Sun is irradiating more heat. So, more heat is coming into Earth.

But... the sattelites show that the amount of heat reflected back from Earth to outer space are decreasing, even when the amount of heat that comes into Earth from the Sun is increasing (according to your own theory)

How is it possible? How more heat is coming from Sun to Earth, but less heat is being irradiated back from Earth to the outer space?

The only possible explanation is that the heat is being trapped in the atmosphere by the greenhouse gases. Greenhouse gases generated by nurning fossil fuels.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I read climate depot every day, as its emailed to my inbox, lots of articles to do with 'the weather' and the personnel connected to 'the weather' makes interesting reading..

Do some research on climatedepot.com, and the political motives of the people behind that website.

Look here for example.

As for this -

Again, can anyone tell me how CO2, at less than one percent of the total atmosphere, can do so much damage? its actually 0.393% of the atmosphere. There is more Methane, and that is 20 times worse than CO2,

There is not more methane in the atmosphere, this is completely false. And as for your question - you've had this answered numerous times on ATS. Here's a post where I answered it for you myself.

And yes CO2 is less than 1% of the atmosphere, but 99% of the atmosphere is not a greenhouse gas - so it has absolutely NOTHING to do with this conversation. It's just a trick propagandists use to try and make things seem insignificant. But it has all the logical relevance of me telling you a vial of poison can't hurt you because it's nowhere near the size of an elephant.

CO2 makes up about 10% of the concentration of greenhouse gases in our atmosphere, and studies have shown it's impact ranges from something like 9-26%.

And yet I CONSTANTLY see you posting this question on ATS, and always claiming no one ever answers it.

Total Bull#.

Here's what another ATS member said when you asked this question for the umpteenth time, and they answered it:

You probably ask the question but then ignore the answer, then come back the next day and ask the question again.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Here's some perspective OP.

Climate Change is real.

Forcing people to pay taxes for breathing is a scam on the Earth by some sick men.

See the difference?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
lol There's always one...

"Global Warming", as the media spin it, is an agenda, promoted by the governments/Think Tanks, like The Club of Rome. Climate Change is natural, and the planet goes through cycles of it, yes, but it is not because of Human intervention...kind of. IMO, HAARP is being used around the world to promote the idea of global warming, by changing the weather and causing "Natural" disasters etc.

And, yes, artificial creations of earthquakes can be created:

US Secretary of Defense, 1997

(Type his name in to Google, and do some research)

Prison Planet, aren't exactly whiter than white, with the Alex 'COINTELPRO' Jones link, but here's an easy start off point for people trying to understand the enormity of this
"Conspiracy Fact" (Cheers Ian R Crane lol)

Global Warming Agenda

For gods sake, just read such books as The First Global Revolution.

Here's a link for you

It's part of the El-ites(Saturnalian Brotherhood etc) Depopulation plan, to create a "Type 1" global government...come on, mate....this is conspiracy 101 lol.

Of course, none of this means we shouldn't look after the environment, but we shouldn't believe the lies of governments that back up their claims with so called "Proof", which in reality, is from Climate models that have either been proved to be bunk, or are not fully supported by the Scientific community.

Also, check out the "Climategate Emails".

Here's more form Prison Planet, on the White Wash investigation....

Panel members expsosed

John P. Holdren's book, Ecoscience, is a definite one for the collection. Type his name into Google/Prison Planet/ATS Search and research him and the many links to others.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by danbirmingham
I agree, the sooner we start using Hydrogen powered cars the better... try telling that to shell and BP though

Where does the hydrogen to power these cars come from?

link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

Mostly, those who profit by burning fossil fuels, and those who find the solutions to climate change ideologically distasteful. And you likely know that these people routinely dole out a healthy helping of what we call 'climate denial',

The big irony behind top globalists descending on Copenhagen in luxury private jets and stretch limos is not just the fact that their own behavior completely contradicts their self-righteous hyperbole about CO2 emissions, but that their propaganda is vehemently supported by the very same big oil interests they accuse climate skeptics of pandering to. Probably one of the most flagrant examples of climate cronyism to emerge from the climategate scandal were emails in which CRU scientists, the body that provides much of the foundational global warming data for the UN IPCC, discuss how they conducted meetings with Shell Oil in order to enlist them as a “strategic partner” while getting them to bankroll pro-man made global warming research. The emails reveal that the CRU was also trying to get money from oil giants British Petroleum and Exxon-Mobil, under its former identity as Esso.

www.prisonplanet.com...

link   
Well don't fret, NASA got the the childrens climate change propaganda under control, *whew*

this is a snippet taken from the NASA children's website. I guess that kid with the re-usable bag IS better then me, Im still using plastic

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Actually, you're not quite right there.

The problem is that one one side we have people saying GHG emissions are causing global warming and on the other we have people saying that they are not.

And that is vitually all the public get to hear about.

The reality is that science says that there several ways in which human activity is affecting the climate of the planet (deforestation, other landuse changes, soot, brown clouds, suphur and other pollution, contrails etc etc) and that there are also numerous natural cycles going on at the same time. Some human activitis cool, some warm. Some natural cycles cool, some warm. But the next effect of the human activities is warming.

The upshot is that firstly, AGW is clearly happening regardless of whether the climate is warming or cooling due to natural cycles. It may cool, but not as much as it should. It may warm, but moreso that it should. Because of the underlying human trend.

And that's putting it very simply.

But the real issue is that most of the things that we do that affect the climate - pollution and burning rain forests and wasting energy etc - are crazy destructive things than no half sentient being would ever dream of thinking of doing! So it doesn't even matter if there is no AGW at all - we should still be making every possible effort to cut our emissions and bruning and destruction of the only world we have.

Fortunately, long after we've drowned in our our stinking vomit and excrement, life will go on. And, apart from a thin layer of plastic in the rocks, in a few million years time no-one will ever know such a stupid species ever existed

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well don't fret, NASA got the the childrens climate change propaganda under control, *whew*

since when are people listening to NASA??

nasa is exactly the same as the Main Stream Media, dont encourage them, dont read their propoganda

link   
This has been called the Graph that silenced a billion pro-warming alarmists.Its taken from Vostok ice core data,It has been peer reviewed many times and its accurecy has never been disputed, which is why pro warming alarmists have chosen to completly Ignore it.It shows how earths temperature has fluctuated over the last 11,000 years ive also included a 450,000 years Vostok temperature graph which clearly shows the warming alarmists dirty little secret... that warming causes Co2 levels to rise and not vice versa.

Notice how the Roman optimum temperatures were 2-3 degress hotter than today.

The warming of our earth is a natural occurrence and is linked to fluctations in the suns frequency.
edit on 5-10-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

link   
People tend to deny man made Climate Change just because they don't agree with the solutions to the problem presented by some governments.

It's like someone in the early 20th century denying that the Spanish flu / influenza was spreading around the world and killing millions, because that person couldn't agree with the solutions presented by some governments to the problem.

This is pure "denial mode".

You don't like the "more taxes" solution? So, give another solution. But don't deny the problem. It exists, and it is man made.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

If you would do just a little bit of research, you will learn that the climate change is real and not man made. Global warming has been proven to be a hoax.

Read the thread, there are several links in above posts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join