It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece Shutdown by Nationwide Strike (Oct 5)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It is not the end of the world or greece.

All it takes is courage to say NO.

NO to EU, No to more national crippling loans, No to bailouts for banks.

Then stop paying.

And then start feeding the people.

Greece is not a nation without an existing economy. There are still revenues to be obtain, which can be used instead to pay the people, instead of surrendering it to the banks.

There are national emergency stockpile of food and resources, which can be trundle out now to help the nation survive, espacially those whom are poor or out of jobs, entreprenuers in need of resources, etc, so that none be left behind.

With such actions, courage and display of true leadership, it will re-motivate and rally the nation together as one.

Let the banks and EU triumvirs sort the mess themselves. They made a bad business judgement call by continually and unconscionably FORCING more money down the greeks throats knowing full well that the greeks are incapable of paying even if they become slaves.

They owe their depositors and investors an explanation. NOT the greeks, or any humans that were treated with attempted debt bondage around the world.
edit on 5-10-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Perhaps confidence is up due in part to this little gem:

Meanwhile Greece Just Bought 400 Tanks From The US

While the sickeningly bored European debt crisis continues with Greece possibly running out of money within weeks, and with the European banking system on the brink of collapse, there is a small piece of comedy, although probably a dark one.

According to the site Defencegreece, which in turn cites the newspaper Hellenic Defence & Technology, is the U.S. government gave the green light for the Hellenic Army to procure 400 of tanks such as M1A1 Abrams.

Source: www.businessinsider.com...

Why do I suddenly get the feeling the US is going to be providing stimulus to Greece? This whole deal doesn't sit well with me for a number of reasons.

1. Obama will never get reelected if Greece defaults. First, it will have a ripple effect throughout Europe and will begin affecting our economy shortly thereafter. Second, since Obama has been been tauting bailouts and stimulus as the answer, Greece would be the first country to prove this idea doesn't work.

2. I found it odd that Obama would chastise Europe, and point the finger at them as the cause for the economical downturn, without more fallout from that very speech. While some European leaders spoke about the inappropriateness of his speech, and I acknowledged myself that I felt it was solely designed as a campaign speech to make him look better in the US, now I am beginning to wonder if the payoff for this speech and the pointing of fingers wasn't merely accepted because of the quoted deal.

3. Obama is in the process of trying to get his hands on another 450B, supposedly to spur our economy. But given what we have found out about where the last stimulus money went, perhaps the 450 B, at least in part, is going to prop up Greece.

4. Since most Defense Department transactions are classified, it would be nearly impossible to prove the selling of these vehicles and subsequent payment to any degree of certainty.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I am with my mouth open in awe, for what the Greece government needs 400 tanks and why is the US providing them, is this to stop a possible coup? I mean doesn't this help the military if they are the ones behind one.

This is just incredible.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm sure it was probably due to recent tensions with Turkey, but I agree with you, if there is a military coup, this helps the military. Maybe that was the behind the scenes intention? Pretend to give the current govt what they want, while at the same time propping up the shadow govt to take over?

International politics is an intense game!! Scary stuff!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Ah more games... reading a little further they seem to also be talking about things like the AAV7A1 which although American is owned by BAE Systems and is listed (along with the US made APCs like the Bradley) as one of their products.

www.baesystems.com...

Like all these things it looks like the money flows one way and always finds it way elsewhere.
edit on 5/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: shakes fist a rubbish keyboard.. but then again that might be my fault

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
While this is ongoing, Greek Riot Police attack innocent people:

Absolutely Disgusting

If you listen you will hear the Riot Dog, absolutely amazing.
edit on 5-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

Interesting how the police all look the same...no matter which country they're from.

This type of protest is what the whole world needs. A STRIKE!!! It's either WE crash the system, FIRST, or let the system crush us; til it crashes on it's own! Either way, the system GOTS-TO-GOOOOOOOO and is gonna go; regardless of which scenario it goes by! We can make it painful for them...or let them cause us more pain, til the inevitable happens! Really, it's OUR decision. WE just haven't realized that, yet!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
It is not the end of the world or greece.

All it takes is courage to say NO.

NO to EU, No to more national crippling loans, No to bailouts for banks.

Then stop paying.

And then start feeding the people.

Greece is not a nation without an existing economy. There are still revenues to be obtain, which can be used instead to pay the people, instead of surrendering it to the banks.

There are national emergency stockpile of food and resources, which can be trundle out now to help the nation survive, espacially those whom are poor or out of jobs, entreprenuers in need of resources, etc, so that none be left behind.

With such actions, courage and display of true leadership, it will re-motivate and rally the nation together as one.

Let the banks and EU triumvirs sort the mess themselves. They made a bad business judgement call by continually and unconscionably FORCING more money down the greeks throats knowing full well that the greeks are incapable of paying even if they become slaves.

They owe their depositors and investors an explanation. NOT the greeks, or any humans that were treated with attempted debt bondage around the world.
edit on 5-10-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

If right-thinking people were in a position of power, these things might eventually happen, but you have to remember, the powers that be are calling the tune, and they do not care what is best for the people. That's the truth.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

I think you are correct!! Let the Greece stuff spill over. Let the OWS stuff turn into an organized strike. Bring the whole thing to a crushing halt until we can do things correctly.

You should start a FB page, or add your ideas onto the OWS pages. Can't recruit on ATS, but as a State Worker that has not had a raise in 7 years, and has had additional deductions from my pay for 2 years in a row, I would support it!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It is probably the best that Greeks start killing Greeks, then others can come to "help" without blame

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
While this is ongoing, Greek Riot Police attack innocent people:

how sad!!!!!!! not the Greece i remember and revere forever!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Here is something that makes no sense to me?

BBC Article

At least 16,000 people have joined protests organised by the main unions in central Athens.

Thousands of people have gathered in central Athens to march towards Syntagma Square and stage a demonstration outside parliament. Protests were also planned for other cities

Flights and ferry services have been cancelled, schools, government offices and tourist sites closed, and hospitals are working with reduced staff.

Police have fired tear gas at small groups of protesters who were throwing stones.

I usually defend the police actions, but why the hell are they at work and not next to their fellow state employees? Why would they disperse crowds forming to fight on their behalf? Why are they not protesting the same cuts as everyone else?

I am not saying all cops are this way but most are. Think about it, a job where you get to boss people around. Who is that going to attract? People that want to boss other people around. They enjoy gassing these people even if some cops do not agree with what they are doing its probably a small minority, that small minority cant protest because the majority of cops like what they are doing and will not protest to end it. So if the minority of cops protest they will lose their jobs and their will be a opening for more thugs.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Do you think Greece will ever be the same after all that is happened and what's going on.

I have never been to Greece, would love to go there one day.

I for one hope they can build their country back to what it was before all off this.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The Greek Union people crack me up.

Their country is going down the tubes, so they decide to take a day off and throw a tantrum instead of buckling down and trying to show the rest of the world they are worthy to loan money too.

You can always count on unions taking a bad situation and making things worse, even for themselves. Nice job, folks.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

The only reason Greece, and others, are going down is because of insatiable hunger of the ruling maniacs who want more and more of workers' blood. So don't blame Greeks for not wanting to be slaves. It is typical for good, hardworking slaves to hate those "lazy" slaves good for nothing

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

LOL!

No, the greeks are going down because they borrowed more money than they can pay back and some Greeks dont like to pay their taxes. Why did they borrow so much? Because they gave unreasonable entitlements and union pay and benefits they couldnt afford. So just like if you ran up your credit limit to the point your income couldnt pay it back, they are crap out of luck, up a creek without a paddle, down the toilet....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted

LOL!

No, the greeks are going down because they borrowed more money than they can pay back and some Greeks dont like to pay their taxes. Why did they borrow so much? Because they gave unreasonable entitlements and union pay and benefits they couldnt afford. So just like if you ran up your credit limit to the point your income couldnt pay it back, they are crap out of luck, up a creek without a paddle, down the toilet....

Come on, get serious. You've forgotten how they killed journalists debunking Greek officials, and the guy who was a minister and spent 20 million euros on calling hot girls. The money they borrowed was lent by Germany and France, who borrowed cheap from IMF to lend it to Greece for profit. It's loansharking, not a charity business. Greek officials are criminals who participated in this dirty business counting on slaves taking all the burden. You don't really think Greek working class spent millions on luxuries, do you?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

LOL, of course the Germans and French marked up the interest. They would have been stupid not too. Their is a good chance that the money they loaned the Greeks will never be paid back, so dont you think you should get some interest for the risk you are taking. Their is a lot of risk loaning money to a country that is not financially responsible. As far as the guy spending 20 million jacking it on the phone, that was wrong. Maybe they should convict and execute him. However, 20 million is a drop in the bucket and I doubt it is the source of the problem. Thats like your 200k in debt and going bankrupt, but you blame it on your wife for buying a $200 dress she probably shouldnt have bought.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I am saying it's not the working class that spent it to waste.
Most of this debt is not money at all. It's someone's gambling that Greeks will bend their backs and work for them for free.
This is the reality, not the "truth" from bankers' perspective. You should know better than that.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Can you please explain that or go into more detail?

Second line.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted

Can you please explain that or go into more detail?

Second line.

No. You explain to me the whole Ponzi scheme in America and the rest of the world, trillion dollars bailouts for banks, etcetetera.
Is that the fault of people or the scum high up in their untouchable and too big to fall castles?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join