It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece Shutdown by Nationwide Strike (Oct 5)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

I'm all for the protestors and rioters, but the woman you speak of grabbed the advancing officer's arm and another officer pushed her to the side and blocked with his body. It didn't look violent, and certainly wasn't "rape." They were pretty harsh to the older lady by pushing her down the stairs by her head, but she didn't stumble or fall, and they didn't detain her. Later on in the tunnel, the people were not "innocent" they were aggressive and assertive, and the police retreated.

In the US, those police would have put a beating, mace, and tasers on everyone of the people that reached out and touched them.

From that video, the police seem to be making a presence but not trying to engage anyone. They looked restrained to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I read an article that said the CIA has been following very closely the problems in Greece because the military is not happy with the economic downturn and the austerity, they believe that the government could be taken over by the military.

I believe it, it will not be a surprise that they will have a new government sometime soon.

People are happy at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I found the article,

CIA Report: Military coup possible in Greece

The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency warned in a report that the tough austerity measures and the dire situation could escalate and even lead to a military coup, according to a report by Germany’s popular daily Bild.

According to the CIA report, ongoing street protests in crisis-hit Greece could turn into escalated violence and a rebellion and the Greek government could lose control, said Bild. The newspaper said the CIA report talks of a possible military coup if the situation becomes more serious and uncontrolled.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I usually defend the police actions, but why the hell are they at work and not next to their fellow state employees? Why would they disperse crowds forming to fight on their behalf? Why are they not protesting the same cuts as everyone else?

So...... You WANT to see total chaos? We all know this is 'temporary' and things like police, medical, firedepartments, etc NEED to keep running otherwise the country would be one big chaos within hours if there is no police or military presence!
Why dont you ask: Why are the people in the hospital working, and not with there fellow employees?

Common sense
edit on 5-10-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

"out of chaos, comes order"

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Do not know if it is appropriate to post this. But Speaking if Legends, Hero's of the Greek Riots, Demonstrations.

Members meet the riot dog:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by UniverSoul

I'm all for the protestors and rioters, but the woman you speak of grabbed the advancing officer's arm and another officer pushed her to the side and blocked with his body. It didn't look violent, and certainly wasn't "rape." They were pretty harsh to the older lady by pushing her down the stairs by her head, but she didn't stumble or fall, and they didn't detain her. Later on in the tunnel, the people were not "innocent" they were aggressive and assertive, and the police retreated.

In the US, those police would have put a beating, mace, and tasers on everyone of the people that reached out and touched them.

From that video, the police seem to be making a presence but not trying to engage anyone. They looked restrained to me.

i dont really see how a slight tap on the arm deserves that, looks to me like she was trying to ask a question. and sorry for over emphasising it but i dont see much difference from rape and forcing yourself on a women like that.
i understand the guards were attacked, but it was clear that the people left on the stairs were not rioters and could have been sorted out easily with dialogue. anything more was out of place in that situation in my opinion.
its hard to tell from the video but she (possibly he) looked quite old and no one has the right to do that to an elder, or anyone for that matter.
yes there were some people who were rioting but does that make it ok to attack others?

lets not even get started about brutality in the us haha

most were restrained, but it doesnt take a lot of insight to see how bad things could get over there and i would bet we will see a lot more blatent brutality

take care

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
And the DOW www.google.com...
JI# opens down, but then springs back up and is in the green for now. Apparently the Italian Downgrade, the Greek unemployment rate and strikes, the Occupy Wallstreet movements, the poor jobs reporting, the 200% increase in layoffs over last year, the less than expected new job creation, and the poor support for the current administration and lack of a clear frontrunner in the GOP hasn't affected the market whatsoever?

Wow.

At 3 p.m. today, the OWS movement is supposed to gain a lot of new supporters, and also spread to many other cities. I've been following it hesitantly, because I expect it to fizzle out, but what if it remains and grows? When will it be enough to warrant serious consideration? When will it impact the financial markets?

It has already gotten notice and empathy from Bernanke and Kucinich!
edit on 5-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Greeks stand together to fight, Americans stab each other in the back.

Embarrassing really.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hmmm I made a thread about this. how the western world should go on strike.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

America was built under Patriotism, but then came the greed and that is what is now running rampant in our nation.

Still I believe the markets will take a downfall later on in the day.

Things are not looking good at all here in the US and worldwide, but many conspiracies theories believe the US markets been rigged and manipulated.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by illuminatislave

America was built under Patriotism, but then came the greed and that is what is now running rampant in our nation.

You have Americans that are loyal to country and each other, and then you have Americans that are loyal to greed and a continuance of corruption on all levels.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hey Marg, I ws just sending my brother a text message for his blog. From the high point on Sep 20 to the low point yesterday, the DOW was down 1100 points, or just over 10% in two weeks. Why no panic? When we look at 90 days, it is down over 2000 points (16%) in 90 days, and most investors still think the "crash" is coming in October?

Aren't we already in a crash?

This seems like a sustained sell-off. Isn't a sustained sell-off worse than a temporary crash? Isn't 16% in 90 days pretty significant, and 10% in 2 weeks even more significant?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I can only wonder of how the Markets has held in the last few months, yesterday was a testament of what many has been saying about the markets, that they are manipulated to give a sense of stability in the face of chaos.

We have been joking about that in the markets thread.

Right now with all the mayhem in the EU I am bound to believe that some manipulation is in the works.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So the European markets are up for the day, with Greece on Strike, Unemployment Rising, Banks taking on heavy risks, and late yesterday Moody's downgraded Italy's credit rating, and they are likely to start downgrading Italian banks credit ratings also.

How does that make any sense?

Why does it not make sense, because it's not going down every single day? There may be an "up" day now and then, but the overall trend is a massive selloff. 2000 points in 90 days as you pointed out in your later post, that's major. The stock markets are a "leading indicator" though, so today's news isn't what moves today's market. The market is anticipating what things will look like weeks and months down the road. The fiasco in Greece has already been priced in to the markets, the big market-moving question now is whether Greece will negatively impact the rest of Europe.

From the high point on Sep 20 to the low point yesterday, the DOW was down 1100 points, or just over 10% in two weeks. Why no panic?

LOL! That IS panic!!

edit on 5-10-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
hmmmmm. since the worth of fiat money is based on perspective, and since the markets aren't falling when they should be, either the numbers are a lie, or money is being pushed in to keep things afloat.

its more likely that money is being added, which means it came from nowhere. inflation won't really begin until people realize money is worthless, but it won't be long.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The Great Grand daddy of bankers - Rothschild, has yet to show his multi tentacled hands. The head of the family today controls awesome wealth and equities in every nation on Earth, far beyond the imagination of even a super rich elite.

But rest assured when all options by the paid gov puppets whom refused further penalising citizens to pay for bank bailouts, central bank cartels and banking fools fail to solve the further enslavement of mankind issue, that will be the moment for him to weave his tentacles into the market.

He alone knows the power of greed and how the greed in some of mankind can be fooled time and time again to part with their money. He and his forefathers had centuries of practice to make it perfect.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
By Agence France-Presse, Updated: 05/10/2011
Greek situation 'pretty hopeless': economy minister

news.xin.msn.com/en/business/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5365184

Greece's situation is "pretty hopeless", Greek Economy Minister Michalis Chrysochoidis said in a newspaper interview released Wednesday, but insisted Athens was doing everything to "ensure our country's survival."

"On the one hand, our situation is pretty hopeless," Chrysochoidis said in a prerelease of an interview to be published in the weekly Die Zeit on Thursday.

"We're cutting people's incomes ever more drastically. We've already cut pensions several times and raised taxes. So it's a very painful time for Greeks," the minister said.

"On the other hand, we hope that this will enable us to secure our country's survival."

Nevertheless, the government was not in a position to say when people would start seeing light at the end of the tunnel, Chrysochoidis added.

With its reforms, the government was feeling "very much alone," the minister said.

"The conservative opposition claims it would renegotiate the conditions for our loans. And the leftists want out of the EU. They say EU represents capitalism. We're very much on our own," he said.

(...)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

That is true, specially when you read about the Fed unaccounted money, since 2008 16 trillion dollars, where that money has gone and what is been used for, supposedly loans to trouble countries like the EU, guess what we the tax payer and voters are no privy to that knowledge. In other worlds is none of our business.

www.forbes.com...

So yes, is money been moved around as we speak, we just get the debt to carry on for generations.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

I believe truly believe is going to be a coup, that will bring the markets into chaos no matter how much they will be manipulated.

Do you think it will be a coup?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

So the European markets are up for the day, with Greece on Strike, Unemployment Rising, Banks taking on heavy risks, and late yesterday Moody's downgraded Italy's credit rating, and they are likely to start downgrading Italian banks credit ratings also.

How does that make any sense?....

....In my opinion, all of the financial markets are being fraudulently manipulated. There is just no plausible way that investors are buying into the markets heavily with all of the turmoil, chaos, and unknowns.

I think you probably answered your own question.
The big money people must be shoring up the market, trying to project an image of stability, in an effort to avoid the inevitable decrease in the market.

It makes sense to me, anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join